• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the fact that I love your farm system ... keep getting them, ticket prices are going to go high.
They have a while to go still. I don't think GM Rick Hahn anticipated having Frazier, Robertson, and Quintana on the roster come Opening Day. I can only imagine what the farm system will look like after they unload said players and possibly Melky and Abreu on top of that.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander...shows heart in season opener......tigers flex muscles and rout the white Sox. Nicky c. Big year at the plate

If he's healthy all year, Castellanos is a lock for 25 HR. Outside shot at 30. Was on his way to an easy 20-22 last season until that asshat from the Mets broke his hand with a pitch.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question....When and Where did he show this heart you talk about? For that kind of cash, I would expect a player to suck it up and pitch the entire game....especially against a reputably poor team. The use of the term "showing heart" should be reserved for a player that goes above and beyond what is expected of him. I did not see that out of Verlander today. In fact, his team got him an early cushion to ease the stress on him....so his $875,000 pay came a little easier than usual. Thus his shower was quick and it was home to slap a couple of double Ds.

I know you jest, but had Verlander been left in to throw 110-115 pitches on opening day, this board would have been filled with rants about what an idiot Ausmus is for doing so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a while to go still. I don't think GM Rick Hahn anticipated having Frazier, Robertson, and Quintana on the roster come Opening Day. I can only imagine what the farm system will look like after they unload said players and possibly Melky and Abreu on top of that.
they really did a great job in the Eaton and Sale trades thats for sure.

Its gonna take a couple years but - i mean- getting guys like Koepech, Moncada, Giolito....etc...

and like you said- shit- they still have plenty of ammo to go out and get a few more A list prospects and a couple 2nd tier ones as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians are gonna be tough....Brantley - i dont think hes gonna be quite as good as he used to be--- but if the guy can deliver a solid season with a bunch of clutch hits that will help quite a bit.

The Tribe's bullpen is such a weapon. When they have Miller and Allen available its just lights out. Looking at some of these other teams' starting pitching- what an advantage rolling out Salazar, BAuer and Tomlin as your 3, 4, and 5.

This is a damn good and it feels different- it feels like back in the mid 90's where they just expect to win every game.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals look like trash so far and the Twins look like the 14-15 Royals.

Cjw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC hitting aside, I'm shocked at how many guys their pitching staff has walked.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they really did a great job in the Eaton and Sale trades thats for sure.

Its gonna take a couple years but - i mean- getting guys like Koepech, Moncada, Giolito....etc...

and like you said- shit- they still have plenty of ammo to go out and get a few more A list prospects and a couple 2nd tier ones as well.

It needed to be done, but the notion that in a few years they're going to be good is premature. More top prospects (even "can't miss" ones) shit the bed than become stars.

In the mid to late aughts, the Indians consistently had a farm system ranked in the top three in baseball. What did it net them? One single playoff berth.

Potential does not guarantee future success.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needed to be done, but the notion that in a few years they're going to be good is premature. More top prospects (even "can't miss" ones) shit the bed than become stars.

In the mid to late aughts, the Indians consistently had a farm system ranked in the top three in baseball. What did it net them? One single playoff berth.

Potential does not guarantee future success.
thats very true- but the Tribe didnt have guys quite on the level of a Moncada or Koepech and not the volume either---- and not the cash to back it up either.

What prospects are you talking about?

Some of the guys I would think would be like Andy Marte, Jason Davis, Jeremy Guthrie, Michael Aubrey, JEremy Sowers, Trevor Crowe......

missing anyone?

the best was probably Marte--- other than that- i dont know any guys that were true "elite" level prospects.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats very true- but the Tribe didnt have guys quite on the level of a Moncada or Koepech and not the volume either---- and not the cash to back it up either.

Blah, blah, blah. "on that level." You know who was on that level? Phil Hughes. Matt Wieters. Alex Gordon. Hell, the White Sox had one of their own in Gordon Beckham. (You hear that shit, @ChiSoxFan? Gordon Beckham, Gordon Beckham, Gordon Beckham. Fuck you.) That level fails every bit as much as the others.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. "on that level." You know who was on that level? Phil Hughes. Matt Wieters. Alex Gordon. Hell, the White Sox had one of their own in Gordon Beckham. (You hear that shit, @ChiSoxFan? Gordon Beckham, Gordon Beckham, Gordon Beckham. Fuck you.) That level fails every bit as much as the others.
im just saying- what Indians were you talking about?

i defintiely dont think every prospect works out--- but if you have 4-5 elite prospects- at least 1 or 2 are gonna be impact guys.