• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In december people thinking that a team like houston is a lock to get to the WCFs is a little much but i will say they have looked pretty darn good lately and they seem to be having a lot of fun out there.

Overall all teams go through up and down stretches and this happens to be houston's. Overreacting to it by saying they're better than they are will make you look a little silly when they inevitably regress to the mean later in the regular season....but maybe not so dumb if they do actually get that far in the playoffs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In december people thinking that a team like houston is a lock to get to the WCFs is a little much but i will say they have looked pretty darn good lately and they seem to be having a lot of fun out there.

Overall all teams go through up and down stretches and this happens to be houston's. Overreacting to it by saying they're better than they are will make you look a little silly when they inevitably regress to the mean later in the regular season....but maybe not so dumb if they do actually get that far in the playoffs.

Lotta words to say maybe I'm right and maybe I'm not

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta words to say maybe I'm right and maybe I'm not
Lol you have a point there but in any case a guarantee or such a high degree of certainty about the fate of any team not named the Golden State Warriors and maaaybe Cleveland is a bit excessive in early December.

I think you have to wait and see what a team is like when they aren't quite so much on cloud nine before a true judgement can be made.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the West is still the Warrior's to lose I expect the Rockets to be right up there when it comes to challengers for a finalist in the West.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another terrible move. (not necessarily LiAngelo leaving UCLA ... the having his daddy say "I'm pulling him out of UCLA.")
Yeah, you wouldn't want the boy to actually have to face any consequences for his actions.

If any of these boys needed college, it was Gelo.

He doesn't have pro talent. A degree might have come in handy later in life.

Poor Lonzo.

Even more pressure to support the entire family after his father screwed him out of a 10 million dollar shoe endorsement deal .

Lavar is a piece of shit.

Reactions: LAD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Lakersnation today Lonzo says he is neither rattled nor bothered by the taunting; Says he pays no attention to it because he knows they are trying to get under his skin. Extremely good for him if he is telling the truth and pretty decent if he isn't because the first rule is never let your opponents know they rattled you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you wouldn't want the boy to actually have to face any consequences for his actions.

If any of these boys needed college, it was Gelo.

He doesn't have pro talent. A degree might have come in handy later in life.

Poor Lonzo.

Even more pressure to support the entire family after his father screwed him out of a 10 million dollar shoe endorsement deal .

Lavar is a piece of shit.

I've disagreed on Melo, but I 100% agree this situation with Liangelo is a bullshit move. Ball was on record saying LiAngelo has no shot at the NBA. At least let him get a full ride and a degree from a great university.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've disagreed on Melo, but I 100% agree this situation with Liangelo is a bullshit move. Ball was on record saying LiAngelo has no shot at the NBA. At least let him get a full ride and a degree from a great university.
You hit the nail on the head re: Gelo.

Plus, didn't we all know he was a throw in to get Melo and Lonzo? He was getting a free ride at a good school, based on his two brothers talent, not his own.

Now that Melo's eligibility is in question, I grudgingly agree on him now too. Having his own shoe will keep him out of college.

But, I think the real reason he was pulled out of High School is so Lavar can Globe trot around the world slanging his swap meet quality bullshit apparel line.

It's all about Lavar and that is sad.

PJ G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll come back down to earth in a few weeks.
sixers have had statistically one of the hardest schedules in the nba so far this season and they are nowhere close to their ceiling. There is no real reason why they would greatly regress in terms of ability or record based on their record so far through this incredibly complex part of the schedule. They were above .500 through their first 11 games and played the Rockets twice, the Warriors twice and the majority of their games on the road. Regression is really not a logical thing to imagine.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy....lol

They had him there just to use the Ball family name. They were going to keep the best shooter on the team coming off the bench? That's like telling the Clippers back in the day not to play JJ Redick," LaVar Ball said.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail on the head re: Gelo.

Plus, didn't we all know he was a throw in to get Melo and Lonzo? He was getting a free ride at a good school, based on his two brothers talent, not his own.

Now that Melo's eligibility is in question, I grudgingly agree on him now too. Having his own shoe will keep him out of college.

But, I think the real reason he was pulled out of High School is so Lavar can Globe trot around the world slanging his swap meet quality bullshit apparel line.

It's all about Lavar and that is sad.
^^^THIS^^^

Also, this effects Melo's ability to attend UCLA even if he was eligible. Talk about a ripple effect. This is exactly the wrong message to be sending those boys.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy....lol

They had him there just to use the Ball family name. They were going to keep the best shooter on the team coming off the bench? That's like telling the Clippers back in the day not to play JJ Redick," LaVar Ball said.
He is a piece of work.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a separate report, the Los Angeles Lakers have had a rule which does not permit the news media to interview players family before or after the game. In the past the Lakers have not enforced this rule to the letter of the law, but have decided to strictly enforce it and cut off LaVar Ball's line of communications in the Staples Center. In short, He will have to find his own venue to trash talk the Lakers coaching staff.