• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this is a classic reason that I didn't believe the Lakers under Jim Buss could be contenders in three years. I know he said he would step down, but I didn't believe him and I knew it would take more than that. The draft takes awhile and it's tough to get the right pieces and by the time you get all of the right players, the older ones want out. I will say one thing for Jeanie Bus, I was afraid she didn't have what it takes to fire her own brother and I am glad to be wrong. This is what the Kings need to do and step up to the plate and clean house. My condolences my friend
The Kings are at the point where they have a bunch of young and talented players to build around and some of the old is gone. Only time will tell how many, if any, of them can be stars/all stars/superstars. Guys like Hill, Z-bo, and VC were brought in knowing the team was gonna suck and building toward the future, so if one is upset because they're not good or that young guys got more minutes that's really stupid because it's what should be expected. The draft has taken over a decade to get close to getting the right pieces because there have been too many K's and 1 or 2 HR's. As far as clearing house in the FO, Vlade has earned trust whether it's deserved or not and I don't see him leaving anytime soon unless he makes another major fuck up trade. Coach kinda needs to stay because the revolving door at that position has been so bad and redoing it again won't help the young players. Vivek just needs to stay out of any basketball decisions. The Kings could sign/trade for AD, LeBron, Steph, and James Harden and I'd still have my doubts about them being contenders. I wanna believe the Kings' ship is sailing in the right direction, but I know there are icebergs around ready to fuck that ship up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings are at the point where they have a bunch of young and talented players to build around and some of the old is gone. Only time will tell how many, if any, of them can be stars/all stars/superstars. Guys like Hill, Z-bo, and VC were brought in knowing the team was gonna suck and building toward the future, so if one is upset because they're not good or that young guys got more minutes that's really stupid because it's what should be expected. The draft has taken over a decade to get close to getting the right pieces because there have been too many K's and 1 or 2 HR's. As far as clearing house in the FO, Vlade has earned trust whether it's deserved or not and I don't see him leaving anytime soon unless he makes another major fuck up trade. Coach kinda needs to stay because the revolving door at that position has been so bad and redoing it again won't help the young players. Vivek just needs to stay out of any basketball decisions. The Kings could sign/trade for AD, LeBron, Steph, and James Harden and I'd still have my doubts about them being contenders. I wanna believe the Kings' ship is sailing in the right direction, but I know there are icebergs around ready to fuck that ship up.
I don't think LeBron is even going to look at teams like the Kings and in fact I think he will stay in the East where he is guaranteed to make it to the finals.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think LeBron is even going to look at teams like the Kings and in fact I think he will stay in the East where he is guaranteed to make it to the finals.
I could see him going to a West team if he thinks they're gonna be a contender, but I think he should stay in the East. There's a negative 5% chance he goes to the Kings.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him going to a West team if he thinks they're gonna be a contender, but I think he should stay in the East. There's a negative 5% chance he goes to the Kings.
If the Kings were in the East, Lebron would mean they go to the finals, but the West has some tough competition

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Kings were in the East, Lebron would mean they go to the finals, but the West has some tough competition
I'd love for LeBron to be on the Kings in the West or East, at least they'd be a playoff team. It would never happen, but it's a nice thought to have.
lebronkings.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POP is resting Lamarcus Aldridge as a healthy scratch.

Jeez, just when the team was rolling and LA has been playing like a God.

I hope he knows what he is doing. I do trust the guy, but it ruins some of the games I look forward to watching.

I though the schedules were revamped this season to help prevent the "healthy rest Spurs style" epidemic.
Come on man, you know by now, that Pop's goes for resting the players to keep them healthy all year long and doesn't look at the individual losses here and there. He knows what he is doing. I bet he has already set aside his money for the next fine he gets

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho hum another 3rd quarter destruction by the Warriors

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POP is resting Lamarcus Aldridge as a healthy scratch.

Jeez, just when the team was rolling and LA has been playing like a God.

I hope he knows what he is doing. I do trust the guy, but it ruins some of the games I look forward to watching.

I though the schedules were revamped this season to help prevent the "healthy rest Spurs style" epidemic.
Detroit game tomorrow night. Also 5 games in 7 nights coming up, as well as 3 games in 4 nights I believe. They really should have been blown out, but they stayed with it, and even LED in the 4th Quarter on a few occasions. I'm pretty happy with a 3 point loss with the roster they fielded tonight.

Early assumptions seem to be Left MCL sprain. Real shame too, cause he has been playing with a lot of confidence this year and it's really showing on the court. Been a great surprise.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god Houston looks great. Is there any doubt it's a GS-Houston WCF? Spurs as always the puncher's chance.

But can a D'Antoni team win enough to go deep in the playoffs?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Pop. Is this really even a question anymore?

Eh, I dunno. It's only 5 championships. I need to see 6 before I'll consider if he's got a grasp on things

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god Houston looks great. Is there any doubt it's a GS-Houston WCF? Spurs as always the puncher's chance.

There is always doubt with Houston. Really early still.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmao at placing Houston in the WCF on December 4th

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son is claiming responsibility for the Cavs current success. We went to the Cavs Mavs game and they haven't lost since.