• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you drinkin' ALREADY...?!!!

Actually I haven't had a drink since the beginning of January when I went to a friends weeding. Drinking just isn't that fun for me anymore. But I am looking forward to getting home this afternoon & starting the weekend off the right way @ exactly 4:20.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I haven't had a drink since the beginning of January when I went to a friends weeding. Drinking just isn't that fun for me anymore. But I am looking forward to getting home this afternoon & starting the weekend off the right way @ exactly 4:20.

a friend's WEEDING...?

betting THAT was interesting...:lol:

i hear ya on the booze, though. never COULD get past the taste of alcohol...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a friend's WEEDING...?

betting THAT was interesting...:lol:

i hear ya on the booze, though. never COULD get past the taste of alcohol...

Damn I didn't even realize I misspelled wedding until you mentioned it. Although weeding sounds even better!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picture a gathering of about 150 peeps passing the doobs around...

that was the visual i got...:lol:

If you wanna see 150 people passing a doober around take a vacation to CO. for 4/20. Although I have noticed the air quality here in Boulder has been poor lately & it kinda smells like Banana Kush.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson should absolutely NOT be a starter- and if he is one of your top 5 players you are royally screwed- but as a 7th 8th guy, and a spark plug scorer off the bench you can do a lot lot worse.

and no surprise here--- once he got to the Cavs- his shooting efficiency has SKY ROCKETED.

his highest 3pt shooting % in his career with the Lakers was 34.7%....now he is at 40% from 3 with the Cavs

his highest shooting percentage was 44.8 with the Lakers.....now he is at 46.5% with the Cavs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson should absolutely NOT be a starter- and if he is one of your top 5 players you are royally screwed- but as a 7th 8th guy, and a spark plug scorer off the bench you can do a lot lot worse.

and no surprise here--- once he got to the Cavs- his shooting efficiency has SKY ROCKETED.

his highest 3pt shooting % in his career with the Lakers was 34.7%....now he is at 40% from 3 with the Cavs

his highest shooting percentage was 44.8 with the Lakers.....now he is at 46.5% with the Cavs.

So wiggy how did your Las Vegas internship as an Elvis impersonator for Caesars Palace go?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you wanna see 150 people passing a doober around take a vacation to CO. for 4/20. Although I have noticed the air quality here in Boulder has been poor lately & it kinda smells like Banana Kush.

lol, did C. Springs long enough...

found out that if you don't hike or ski out there you get bored rather quickly...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, did C. Springs long enough...

found out that if you don't hike or ski out there you get bored rather quickly...

When you were living in The Springs did you ever walk around town shouting @ the top of your lungs that the Air Force Academy are a bunch of pussies?:heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Because two years ago you were saying what a useless scrub he was.

Plus, I wouldn't say a difference in 1.7% is SKY ROCKETING

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debating on wether to rip wiggy a new one today or give him a couple of days to see what's what.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like their trio (with a full season I think they snag a playoff spot when James bolts the Cavs) but I could see them trading him if they got a good offer.

Drummond is great center...for a bygone era. He's not a great fit in this modern NBA. For whatever reason, Griffin just isn't a championship player. Not sure why, but his stats just don't seem to create wins when they count. I think Detroit is stuck, and will have trouble moving either.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you were living in The Springs did you ever walk around town shouting @ the top of your lungs that the Air Force Academy are a bunch of pussies?:heh:

nope, never. though i DO remember a couple officers back in the day that woulda fit that description...

now pilots? that was a different matter. I truly believe most o' those fools were crazy. I mean, you kinda have to be i guess when you're taking a multimillion dollar death machine into the air...:lol:

but hey, i'll ALWAYS believe Air Force pilots are the baddest of the bad. when the enemy looks up and sees that U.S.A.F stamped on the bottom of that plane overhead, they KNOW it stands for U.Sure.Are.Fucked...

that was my Air Force pride talking. DEAL with it...:usa2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wiggy how did your Las Vegas internship as an Elvis impersonator for Caesars Palace go?
lol...it wasnt elvis...it was mickey mouse

which by the way---heard a really corny domestic relations/divorce joke the other day..... ill share it with you because you are such a good guy.....

Mickey Mouse was getting divorced from Minnie Mouse. Mickey had a conversation with his lawyer over the phone, and the lawyer asked him to come into the office to more fully discuss the divorce.

Mickey goes to the lawyer's office and sits down with him. The lawyer starts the conversation "Mickey, I am sorry to hear you are getting a divorce, but from our phone conversation, it sounds like you said Minnie was starting to act strange, do weird things".

Mickey says "I didnt say she was acting strange. I said she was fucking Goofy".

;)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debating on wether to rip wiggy a new one today or give him a couple of days to see what's what.

Let things be for a little bit. The real time to talk shit will be if the Cavs & Heat meet in the 1st round.:hope: If that happens who will you be rooting for?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because two years ago you were saying what a useless scrub he was.

Plus, I wouldn't say a difference in 1.7% is SKY ROCKETING

To be fair, a nearly 6% increase in 3 point percentage is pretty significant. It makes sense that he would improve in Cleveland. The presence of Lebron and Kevin Love, no doubt gives him more open looks when he is on the floor with them. From what I've seen, at least one of them is usually on the floor a good chunk of the time.

The Lakers didn't really have anyone to take attention away from Clarkson, so he likely faced more contested shots than he does in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond is great center...for a bygone era. He's not a great fit in this modern NBA. For whatever reason, Griffin just isn't a championship player. Not sure why, but his stats just don't seem to create wins when they count. I think Detroit is stuck, and will have trouble moving either.
in today's NBA paying centers that cant stay on the court big money is just not smart....they have to be truly special in a lot of ways to be worth it--- because with all the pace and space out there- they are a dying breed.