• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Lebron and Simmons play against each other, it is remarkable how much Simmons looks like a mini-me of Lebron. Obviously they are not the same but there are a lot of similarities.
Definitely share the inability to shoot F/T's....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't tell me it's an unwritten rule.

On the previous play, the Cavs got an easy dunk.
It looked like they were still trying to foul, except the ball made it down to Dario, who simply dunked, nothing flashy.

Furthermore, they took a 3 pt shot at the buzzer.

If you want the winners of the game to lay down, losers should do so first...
I just don't understand why guys get mad when the other team keeps playing until the buzzer. And let's keep it 100....he threw that ball at Dario because he knew there would be no consequence from him directly. There's many other players I can guarantee you that he wouldn't have thrown that ball at.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely share the inability to shoot F/T's....

laughingsmiley.gif

Oh come on now LAD, this is not correct @ all. Just took a second to look up the stats. Simmons: 57.1%. LBJ his rookie year: 75.4%. LBJ for his career: 74.0%.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players were wrong.

With less than 24 seconds left and the game won, the unwritten rule (whether you want to hear it or not) is to dribble out the clock because the game is already won.

The losing team taking a shot at the end of the game has never been a problem because the game is already won.

Having said that, Clarkson had no business reacting like he did either. It's not like the Sixers player threw down some windmill dunk or something. So it didn't look like he was trying to show them up.
LOL that unwritten rule is so whack. So those 2 extra points is what's going to make that loss look bad? The fact that Clarkson acted so emotionally is a red flag about the goings-on in Cle right now. Those trades they made merely put a Band-Aid on the problems there. Where was that fire during the 3rd or 4th quarters? And LBJ's studio gangsta approach didn't help. SMH

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but JR Smith got suspended for throwing soup @ assistant coach Damon Jones.

88ac60074753e02a8a1f884d9a537f01.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 175494

Oh come on now LAD, this is not correct @ all. Just took a second to look up the stats. Simmons: 57.1%. LBJ his rookie year: 75.4%. LBJ for his career: 74.0%.
Nice, so LBJ has managed to actually regress in F/T shooting over his career???
laughingsmiley-gif.175494

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, so LBJ has managed to actually regress in F/T shooting over his career???
laughingsmiley-gif.175494

All I did was point out what you said was incorrect. Then you changed the subject.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I did was point out what you said was incorrect. Then you changed the subject.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
Well neither % is leading the league or anything. :dhd:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS......

Does anyone think it's remotely possible that Deandre doesn't opt out?

Everything I've seen suggests he is not getting a max offer from the Clippers.

So, Why on earth would he consider staying, outside of the Money?

He has worn the uniform for an unprecedented 10 years, becoming an unlikely mainstay who has outlasted All-Stars and journeymen alike. “I’m here and that’s what I’m focused on,” Jordan told Yahoo Sports. “I’m excited. Like I told somebody the other day, I hope I can play another 10 years here. That’s what I’m focused on now.

– via Yahoo! Sports

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but JR Smith got suspended for throwing soup @ assistant coach Damon Jones.

View attachment 175495

Is it just me or is there anyone else curious about what kind of soup it was???
Would a seafood bisque be nastier than good ol' chicken noodle?
If it had a ghost pepper base, could he have burned his eyes out???

Yeah, it's just me, okay, then.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS......

Does anyone think it's remotely possible that Deandre doesn't opt out?

Everything I've seen suggests he is not getting a max offer from the Clippers.

So, Why on earth would he consider staying, outside of the Money?

He has worn the uniform for an unprecedented 10 years, becoming an unlikely mainstay who has outlasted All-Stars and journeymen alike. “I’m here and that’s what I’m focused on,” Jordan told Yahoo Sports. “I’m excited. Like I told somebody the other day, I hope I can play another 10 years here. That’s what I’m focused on now.

– via Yahoo! Sports

Opting out really wouldn't have to do much with him not receiving the max, but it would be able to up his annual value and for additional years. He'd be dumb to say he's not resigning with the team and making one less team out there bidding for his services. I think if the money is the same, he'll consider leaving. If the Clippers offer him more than others, it's entirely possible imo that he stays with the Clippers. Teams are a bit more judicious with how they're spending their cap money these days.

One interesting name that will be out there should be Nerlens Noel. He's still really young and should come with a cheap price tag given everything he's gone through recently with the Mavs. Could end up being a really nice addition for a lot of teams.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adam Silver should launch a full soup investigation. We need answers dammit!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't tell me it's an unwritten rule.

On the previous play, the Cavs got an easy dunk.
It looked like they were still trying to foul, except the ball made it down to Dario, who simply dunked, nothing flashy.

Furthermore, they took a 3 pt shot at the buzzer.

If you want the winners of the game to lay down, losers should do so first...

Just like CWebb said last night....

This is the NBA. If you don't want him to dunk it, then play some defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players were wrong.

With less than 24 seconds left and the game won, the unwritten rule (whether you want to hear it or not) is to dribble out the clock because the game is already won.

The losing team taking a shot at the end of the game has never been a problem because the game is already won.

Having said that, Clarkson had no business reacting like he did either. It's not like the Sixers player threw down some windmill dunk or something. So it didn't look like he was trying to show them up.

You are technically correct, but IMO the game was still close enough that the Cavs might have tried to foul if he pulled it out. When the opposition is fouling, you don't shoot unless you have an uncontested dunk or lay-up, which Saric had.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Split pea soup maybe a problem?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that unwritten rule is so whack. So those 2 extra poinst is what's going bets is what's going to make that loss look bad? The fact that Clarkson acted so emotionally is a red flag about the goings-on in Cle right now. Those trades they made merely put a Band-Aid on the problems there. Where was that fire during the 3rd or 4th quarters? And LBJ's studio gangsta approach didn't help. SMH

I disagree re: the unwritten rule. The point is that the additional points are so it comes off as trying to show up the other team. It's pretty much been the unwritten rule since Dr. Naismith hung up the first peach basket.

I don't know what Clarkson's issue was or why he reacted like that. Don't recall seeing anything like that with the Lakers. But he's also never been on a playoff team before.

Unfortunately for the Cavs, those trades were the best they could do. They are capped out and had a bunch of overpaid role players that weren't going to bring them any kind of decent return.

Lebron's reaction was even worse than Clarkson's, imo. At least with Clarkson you can chalk it up to being a young guy in his first playoff chase. Lebron knows better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like CWebb said last night....

This is the NBA. If you don't want him to dunk it, then play some defense.

Exactly. Don't have time for people like that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Kenyon Martin (who says he knows Smith personally), it was most likely chicken noodle. He said it wouldn't be anything with vegetables in it because JR doesn't like vegetables. Says that when he orders fried rice at PF Changs, he orders it without vegetables.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are technically correct, but IMO the game was still close enough that the Cavs might have tried to foul if he pulled it out. When the opposition is fouling, you don't shoot unless you have an uncontested dunk or lay-up, which Saric had.

Stop it.

The Sixers were up 10 with less than 24 seconds left and no one was looking to foul. You dribble out the clock.

It doesn't matter if you have an uncontested layup or not. You dribble out the clock. He may have had an uncontested layup because the Cavs were expecting the Sixers to dribble out the clock.

I dislike the Cavs as much as anyone, but these excuses, because it's the Cavs, are just lame.

Both sides were wrong. Saric should have dribbled out the clock. The Cavs shouldn't have reacted the way they did.