• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conup.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am legitimately thinking that the Cavs may not the team to beat in the East. I just don't think Kevin Love makes them that much better.

They picked up some nice pieces at the deadline and reenergized LeBron, but they have less talent than they had before. The youth is nice, but can LeBron count on Hood and Clarkson to make big shots in the playoffs?

I don't know.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am legitimately thinking that the Cavs may not the team to beat in the East. I just don't think Kevin Love makes them that much better.

They picked up some nice pieces at the deadline and reenergized LeBron, but they have less talent than they had before. The youth is nice, but can LeBron count on Hood and Clarkson to make big shots in the playoffs?

I don't know.

you mean after the first 2 games it may have been premature to announce them as the team to beat?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean after the first 2 games it may have been premature to announce them as the team to beat?

LOL.

To be fair, I think it is more about the LeBron and the last 7 seasons than it is was those 2 games, but yeah.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have went on two 4-1 runs, then did a 4-3 and this I their third 4-1 runs. Brandon Ingram has a hip flexor strain and left the game early tonight - hopefully not serious. If the Lakers can continue at this pace, they can close the gap. They are only 4 games behind Utah and 6 behind the 8th seeded team, but they would have to continue to win at the same high pace. a 50% winning ratio would not be enough

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is in the last 3 years the only teams that have more playoff wins Then the Raptors are the Warriors and the Cavs

Raptors were in the ECF 2 years ago and took the Cavs to 6 ]

But the haters dont remember this stuff
It's not hate if it's true.

Your star player, Derozan, basically kissed Lebron's ring after the Cavs snuffed them out last year.

Seriously, Derozan was broken and pretty much said that James owns them.

Why should we believe they can beat the Cavs when they don't?

"If we had LeBron on our team, too, we would have won," DeRozan said. "We could say that all day and all the time, but we didn't. It happened. We got swept. It's going to be one of those long summers for us."

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89
Yeah, it's a Shitshow of monumental proportions.

Allegedly, The little one is miserable.

I think he will be the one to break free of Lavar when he comes of age.

His pass to Gelo in the post misses its mark. It’s Melo’s second turnover and, worse, the second time he fails to sprint back on defense afterward. He does not even bother to jog to half-court. Coach Seskus has had enough. He subs Melo out.

Melo walks off the court. All his frustration seems to evaporate as he high-fives his teammates and calmly takes the first seat on the bench.

But something’s coming. I hear it now.

“YOU CAN’T DO THAT TO HIM! YOU CAN’T DO THAT TO HIM!”

It’s LaVar. His voice grows more forceful.

“PUT MELO IN!” LaVar yells at Seskus.

The gym falls silent and uncomfortable in a way high school gyms can.

Back in the silent gym, Melo’s eyes remain frozen on the court. He doesn’t glance over at his father, who won’t unscrunch his face. Melo doesn’t sink his shoulders or say anything. By the looks of it, he’s waiting for the ending credits. When it’s all over.

LaVar continues to grin. A couple of fans walk up to Melo and ask for autographs. He obliges and breaks into a big smile. The cameras are on.

He has to be on.

But as the fans walk away, I watch Melo’s smile shrink and then disappear. He looks down at his sneakers. It seems like he looks sad, though I don’t know what he is truly feeling or thinking and may never.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox ruining the tank by forcing overtime, trade him now.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fiz will be the #1 option for a lot of teams who need a coach.

Seems like the Bucks would have already gone after him.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is in the last 3 years the only teams that have more playoff wins Then the Raptors are the Warriors and the Cavs

We'd be more likely to remember they took the Cavs to 6 games two years ago ... except last year was an ugly sweep. (closest game was like 10 points, I think)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected to win 36

Which was pretty much the consensus from many posters here.

@DJ is my peeps.

But, his self righteous indignation on the topic is out of place.

Found these easily because they were replies to my comments are on the same page.

lol @the author predicting the Lakers going 45-37 this year. Unless they pull off some big trade, 41 wins is their absolute ceiling and probably more like 35.

I'm thinking 33-35, outside shot at 38-40 wins.

30-35 sounds about right. 18-34 against the West and maybe 15-15 against the East.l

Should be enough to prevent the BOS pick from conveying at 2-5.

Mid 30ish if Randle can take a step.

Brook gets buckets.

But, everyone else needs to elevate their play too.

Yeah that's another thing. The West got tougher. I mean I guess I can see low 30's if a lot of things go well. Like 33 or 34 but I think they're closer to 29-31

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People remember it. We just didn't take them seriously because they got there more out of circumstance than anything else. With their play style, they were never going to be contenders to win the championship much less beat the Cavs to get out of the East. It was way too Iso heavy. That style just isn't sustainable in the playoffs. But now they've remade their style of play and bolstered their bench. For the first time in Toronto's run over the last few years, they are a real contender. This is a team that can make the Finals. I'd still pick the Warriors and Rockets over them in said Finals, but anything can happen once you get there so they've got a puncher's chance if they make it there. No one thought 04 Detroit or 2010 Mavs would win either but they did.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@DJ is my peeps.

Found these easily because they were replies to my comments are on the same page.

Mecca, I think you need to just go on and become a Lakers fan, since you dumped the Clips. Seriously, seems like the most obvious play. And they have a fun core and a bright future...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@DJ is my peeps.

33-35 is still within reach.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Bucks would have already gone after him.

Teams generally don't bring in a brand new coach mid season. They give it to an assistant since he's familiar with the offense and team and then make a new hire (if they decide to) in the off-season when they have more time to get familiar with the team.