• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"no, SacTown, you don't understand . if LeClown leaves we're gonna need that Brooklyn pick to start our rebuild. cut us a break already"-Cleveland:laugh:
The problem I see them having is they're damned if they do & damned if they don't use it. There is no way to know for sure if they do use it that LBJ will stay, especially given their history in this type of situation. But, if you don't use it & they don't even make the Finals that could be devastation that could also make him leave (especially with hints of retirement looming to be with his family).

I think they missed the window of opportunity earlier in the season - right after they found out IT would be out until Jan. You use that asset to get better in that moment keeping into consideration how they'd like things to come together once IT was back. If they had done that maybe there's no frantic rush from IT to get back...and there's a much smoother transition because winning relieves stress in most cases. Right now there's zero patience across the board - and that usually doesn't work out well in group settings. Honestly, there doesn't even seem to be a viable plan in place that will help them get back to their common goal.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"no, SacTown, you don't understand . if LeClown leaves we're gonna need that Brooklyn pick to start our rebuild. cut us a break already"-Cleveland:laugh:
"The Cavs have had enough good years, you don't need that pick more than us"
-SacTown

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Derrick Rose was scared to even make eye contact...lol

Shiiiiiiit. The Cavs let that man have 2 months off with pay contemplating if he still wanted to play ball. Only reason why he came back is because of all of the money he'd leave on the table in endorsements. But yeah, blaming Love is the lazy thing to do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shiiiiiiit. The Cavs let that man have 2 months off with pay contemplating if he still wanted to play ball. Only reason why he came back is because of all of the money he'd leave on the table in endorsements. But yeah, blaming Love is the lazy thing to do.
Love is waaaaaaaay more professional than I am capable of being.

After side eyeing the shit out of Thomas and Rose.....

I would have been like....

oh-no-you-didnt-mother-fucker.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you have women problems......you don't, can't or wont listen.
I have no problems at all - I am doing good - you don't know shit about me - so stick to your own business

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems at all - I am doing good - you don't know shit about me - so stick to your own business

LOL.

You've admitted in the PF (and other places on tHoop) your women problems. Forget or were you trying to gain sympathy?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside speaking facts @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat @Mecca

Not posting the entire article. Just the good stuff.

Before the Heat was snubbed in All-Star selections, no team in 25 years had been in the top four of the Eastern Conference and not had an All-Star at the time of selections.

And that left the Heat’s Hassan Whiteside perplexed.

“You know, it’s confusing,” Whiteside said Wednesday of the fact that bunch of teams with worse records than Miami had players selected for the All-Star Game. “I get confused about it sometimes. Is it about stats? Or is it about winning?

“Certain guys, they say, ‘Oh, he’s winning. His team’s winning, so we put him on there.’ Other guys, he’s got good stats but his team sucks. So what is it about? I just [need to] understand what it’s about.”

Whiteside believes it’s also a byproduct of the Heat’s lack of national television exposure. Miami has had only ESPN appearance this season, against San Antonio, and had another telecast (against the Knicks) replaced by a Boston-Minnesota game. Miami has had no TNT appearances this season.

“It got a lot to do with it,” Whiteside said. “The NBA pushes teams. The NBA pushes guys. The media pushes people. There’s teams all got Christmas games that stink, so I’m not going to say what teams, but you all know those teams that shouldn’t be playing on Christmas. But a lot of NBA teams push guys into starting.”

All-Star snub leaves Hassan Whiteside feeling Heat is overlooked, unappreciated

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas isn't doing good defending Houston.

The Rockets are on pace for 46 this quarter.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside speaking facts @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat @Mecca

Not posting the entire article. Just the good stuff.

Before the Heat was snubbed in All-Star selections, no team in 25 years had been in the top four of the Eastern Conference and not had an All-Star at the time of selections.

And that left the Heat’s Hassan Whiteside perplexed.

“You know, it’s confusing,” Whiteside said Wednesday of the fact that bunch of teams with worse records than Miami had players selected for the All-Star Game. “I get confused about it sometimes. Is it about stats? Or is it about winning?

“Certain guys, they say, ‘Oh, he’s winning. His team’s winning, so we put him on there.’ Other guys, he’s got good stats but his team sucks. So what is it about? I just [need to] understand what it’s about.”

Whiteside believes it’s also a byproduct of the Heat’s lack of national television exposure. Miami has had only ESPN appearance this season, against San Antonio, and had another telecast (against the Knicks) replaced by a Boston-Minnesota game. Miami has had no TNT appearances this season.

“It got a lot to do with it,” Whiteside said. “The NBA pushes teams. The NBA pushes guys. The media pushes people. There’s teams all got Christmas games that stink, so I’m not going to say what teams, but you all know those teams that shouldn’t be playing on Christmas. But a lot of NBA teams push guys into starting.”

All-Star snub leaves Hassan Whiteside feeling Heat is overlooked, unappreciated

Whiteside is a beast, it's BS he was left off but kind of expected.