• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read?
Not when he's trying to avoid admitting he is wrong.

This is such a stupid argument.

Obviously, you have to hide Parker on somebody.

Ariza is the guy that would do the least damage between him, Harden, Gordon, Paul.

The other 3 would hang 40 on his ass every game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. You don't have the balls.....

Why would I make a wager when I don't watch the Spurs enough to know if Parker defense has been bad this year? Not going to make a bet on a specific player unless it is from the Heat considering I watch every Heat game from start to finish

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when he's trying to avoid admitting he is wrong.

This is such a stupid argument.

Obviously, you have to hide Parker on somebody.

Ariza is the guy that would do the least damage between him, Harden, Gordon, Paul.

The other 3 would hang 40 on his ass every game.

Yeah exactly. As I said on Thursday, this isn't rocket science. It is a simple adjustment that most on here would make if we were coaches. No surprise that he's the only one arguing it.

The only issue pop would have is if Houston throws a lineup out there with no Ariza. Let's say Paul, Gordon, Harden, Anderson, and Capela. Now that's when he made need to remove Parker from the game but yeah if you have a PG/SG who can't defend then you're going to hide him on Ariza when playing Houston

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much easier to make 3's when your opponent is 7 inches shorter....than somebody 6-7 to 6-10.
Who should he guard out of Paul, Harden, Gordon, Capela, Ariza and Ryan Anderson?

Shit, I'd rather he guard Ariza over Gerald Green.

I mean, I'm sure Pop would love for them to play Briante Webber more.

But, that seems unlikely.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah exactly. As I said on Thursday, this isn't rocket science. It is a simple adjustment that most on here would make if we were coaches. No surprise that he's the only one arguing it.

The only issue pop would have is if Houston throws a lineup out there with no Ariza. Let's say Paul, Gordon, Harden, Anderson, and Capela. Now that's when he made need to remove Parker from the game but yeah if you have a PG/SG who can't defend then you're going to hide him on Ariza when playing Houston
Don't forget about Green.

That was a good lowkey pickup.

In that lineup, you probably put Patty in over Tony.

Danny Green has to guard Paul and Kawhi on Harden?

Still leaves Gordon....

Damn, pick you poison...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came here to say....

It would be cool if Bogut went back to the Bucks,

They could use him.

But, will it be Cavs, Warriors, Red Rox, Celtics or Spurs?

I hope its the Celtics or Bucks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, will Stephen A. be giving Lavar the business next week?

This guy's delusions of grandeur are unbelievable.

I feel so sorry for those younger boys because he has compromised their futures.

"Now, what my boys are trying to do is to be the best players in the world. It's a different breed. Now, Zo chased Jordan, LeBron. The other two boys, they don't chase them. They chase Zo, so they're looking at like it, like, 'I'm getting an earlier jump than Zo, so we can be getter than Zo.' You see what I'm saying? So it's as long as they keep that going. My vision is like this, man: After KD and LeBron and Steph Curry and all these guys, three Ball boys on the Lakers. We'll be very good."

Like Jeff Goodman, I talk to him all the time, ever since he's interviewed my boys when they were in high school. But he doesn't do that stuff like Stephen A. Smith. I was cool with him for a minute until I've seen his MO, his, 'Ah, I like LaVar, but I don't like the fact that he does this and he does that.' It's like this: If I don't want to talk to nobody, I don't have to talk to them. And that's what they don't get. Here's the thing what they've got to understand: Is it worth all that? You're going to have to talk to me because I've got three boys and they've got all the same agent. So it's better to be on the good side than the bad side. Like Charles Barkley, he's been talking crazy. 'LaVar is a bad father, this and that.' And I'm just, like, 'Don't even talk about Gelo going to China because you've been in jail in Arizona. You have kids that you don't even talk about. You have a daughter nobody knows about.' A lot of things he's done bad. I was a fan of Charles because of how hard he played. And now, he's doing all this talking like Stephen A. Smith.

LaVar Q&A: Lithuania, Lakers and all the haters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel so sorry for those younger boys because he has compromised their futures.

"Now, what my boys are trying to do is to be the best players in the world. It's a different breed. Now, Zo chased Jordan, LeBron. The other two boys, they don't chase them. They chase Zo, so they're looking at like it, like, 'I'm getting an earlier jump than Zo, so we can be getter than Zo.' You see what I'm saying? So it's as long as they keep that going. My vision is like this, man: After KD and LeBron and Steph Curry and all these guys, three Ball boys on the Lakers. We'll be very good."

Like Jeff Goodman, I talk to him all the time, ever since he's interviewed my boys when they were in high school. But he doesn't do that stuff like Stephen A. Smith. I was cool with him for a minute until I've seen his MO, his, 'Ah, I like LaVar, but I don't like the fact that he does this and he does that.' It's like this: If I don't want to talk to nobody, I don't have to talk to them. And that's what they don't get. Here's the thing what they've got to understand: Is it worth all that? You're going to have to talk to me because I've got three boys and they've got all the same agent. So it's better to be on the good side than the bad side. Like Charles Barkley, he's been talking crazy. 'LaVar is a bad father, this and that.' And I'm just, like, 'Don't even talk about Gelo going to China because you've been in jail in Arizona. You have kids that you don't even talk about. You have a daughter nobody knows about.' A lot of things he's done bad. I was a fan of Charles because of how hard he played. And now, he's doing all this talking like Stephen A. Smith.

LMAO oh boy. I think he will be getting roasted on both morning sport debate shows on Monday. I read somewhere that he took shots at Shannon Sharpe as well

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GlisteningPartialBarracuda-max-1mb.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally stated......he could go for 18-20ppg if TP was guarding him.

I think the point, DJ, is that if the Rockets altered their offense to run more through Ariza and exploit that matchup, it would be a very good thing for the Spurs.

Ariza is a very good 3 and D guy, but not one to create his own shot.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PARKER has owned Chris Paul in their match-ups.

That is the one player that CP3 hates playing. It is the little things that dont even show up in the boxscore.

Sure, Parker was only an average defender even when young.....And he is a below average defender now thanks to getting older.

But, sometimes it is just matchups. Parker loves playing CP3 more than any other elite guard.
Guys like Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie, and others give him trouble. But, he rises up to play CP3.

There is no need to hide him. Pop will take his chances on the 10 years of history where Parker knows how to push Paul's buttons.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a glorified babysitter and eating up minutes that could be used to develop Bryant and Zupac.

The Lakers are in full on free fall mode and its gonna sting like shit if the Celtics or 76ers get the #1 overall pick.
I thought it was a bad signing from the beginning that could have given to Ivica

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is this stupid shit? It looks like a chuck roast hoodie.:L

15600674590138261213.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That D'ANTONI system is a regular season fraud.
Popovich completely and utterly figures it out every single time in a 7-game series.

It can rack up regular season wins, but with a singular focus......it always folds badly to the Spurs tactics.
You cannot coach against it during the regular season grind, but that is not the case in the playoffs.

Heck, the Spurs figured it out last year without even having TONY PARKER or KAWAHI LEONARD playing.

The SPURS will not be able to beat the Warriors smothering defense/offense combo...but they should beat the Rockets easily if they are fullly healthy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm back on Paul Pierce's side.

15 Seasons with the Celtics

2nd most career points scored for Boston

10x allstar

Finals MVP

He really shouldn't have to share his night. But, I wish he would have expressed that quietly instead of looking like a huge Diva.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is this stupid shit? It looks like a chuck roast hoodie.:L

View attachment 172264
Looks like a companion piece for that dress Lady Gaga wore to piss off PETA.

lady-gaga-meat-2-1440794946.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm back on Paul Pierce's side.

15 Seasons with the Celtics

2nd most career points scored for Boston

10x allstar

Finals MVP

He really shouldn't have to share his night. But, I wish he would have expressed that quietly instead of looking like a huge Diva.

You let me down