• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is a RFA.
Yes, I know, but the Lakers on Lakersnation have indicated that they will have no problems trading Randle and Clarkson to make room for another elite player. Randle will have to really develop between now and April in order to remain with the Lakers and Clarkson will be gone(traded) either way from what I have read

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Lakers as bad as they are? They have enough talent to be better than the 2nd worst record in basketball.
INJURIES

LOPEZ
BALL

KCP IS NOT INJURED BUT IS DOING 25 DAYS IN JAIL FOR PAROLE/PROBATION VIOLATIONS - AND HASN'T BEEN THERE THE ENTIRE TIME

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did some quick research on nba.com about the lakers struggles.

In the last 10 games, they're ranked 29th in DEF EFF

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Lakers as bad as they are? They have enough talent to be better than the 2nd worst record in basketball.

My top 5 reasons...

1. Luke wants to run the Warriors offense and has dodgy substitution patterns.

2. Luke doesn't have Steph Curry (Lonzo).

3. Luke doesn't have Draymond Green ( Randle)

4. Luke doesn't have Klay Thompson ( KCP is hot buttered garbage)

5. Luke has a roster full of toddlers.

They compete. But, they are the Timberpups, pre-Butler, who has tons of talent. But, doesn't know how to win yet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......and overpaid.

I hope he saved his money.

Not sure which Rich Paul client will have the harsher reality check....

Noel or KCP?

My guess is Noel. Dude had quite a few DNP-CD.

At least KCP is starting. He has that going for him.

I have no idea what Noel is getting.

May need to pull a Waiters. Bet on himself & double down as Waiters did.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Noel. Dude had quite a few DNP-CD.

At least KCP is starting. He has that going for him.

I have no idea what Noel is getting.

May need to pull a Waiters. Bet on himself & double down as Waiters did.
Hmmmm, excellent point.

He could go the way of Biyombo.

That Dude went from not having his rookie deal extended, to signing a sub 6 mil 2 year deal in Toronto, playing balls to the wall in the playoffs, to 4/72 mil in Orlando.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP wasn't that good last several years and never has been - He was a one year filler only. I do think the Lakers should think about signing Brook Lopez to a three year deal if the price is right - IF they can't get Demarcus Cousins who is their first choice of several. Lakers Nation indicates they want

Paul George

Demarcus Cousins

LeBron James

Summarized as a pipe dream?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have plenty of time to get better though - I would be a little surprised if they remain the worst team.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Bulls, Mavs, and Suns have been playing, I'm actually feeling a bit better about the Nets pick these days. Only the Hawks and Magic seem comfortably worse.

Hawks Magic
---------------
Nets Hornets Mavs Suns Kings
----------------------------------
Lakers Bulls Grizz
Kings will find themselves in that top tier, tank on motherfuckers.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT4 about to drop 20 points on his minutes restriction tonight. Bank on it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same plus they have no reason to tank this year.
If they was going to get that draft pick - It would be a different story - but without anything to gain, they are playing for free agents to sign this year. That being said, they do have some positives and negatives

Lonzo Ball - a positive long term, but not a big draw until he gets his shot fixed. I have heard that they intend to adjust it and make corrections in the summer when he has plenty of time to work on it. He can still pass, rebound and etc though - but that might not be enough for LeBron - unless LeBron is happy shooting more and LB doing less - LeBron is not a selfish player like Kobe Bryant was and doesn't hog the ball - so that marriage possibility drops in my opinion

Kyle Kuzma - this dude was the steal of the draft - right now his only weakness is as a rookie, he does not have the veteran know how and moves - He is going to be a big player

Now in the mean time if Randle were to develop in a huge way in the next 40 games, then the Lakers have Ingram, Kyle Kuzma and Randle for next year. If the Lakers were to pick up Paul George and Cousins or Lopez- they would be pretty good.

I have always maintained the position, however that very few teams will ever become an instant contender like Miami did - It normally takes a few years - which was why I didn't believe Jim Buss when he said three years or he would quit. I am just glad that Jeanie fired his ass - I really didn't believe she would.

Bottom Line: I don't expect to see the Lakers in the finals or Western Conference Finals in 2019 - I think that is close to being a fantasy. Jumping back into the finals by itself would be a huge step.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have plenty of time to get better though - I would be a little surprised if they remain the worst team.

They've been without 3 starters for a good portion of the last 10 games.

How many teams do you know that have started three rookies against top caliber teams like the Warriors, Rockets and TWolves and come out on top?

The Lakers will be just fine and surpass the 30 win mark no problem.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many teams do you know that have started three rookies against top caliber teams like the Warriors, Rockets and TWolves and come out on top?

I'm not even upset - I think the Lakers have played pretty good and kept the games close. Except for the disaster in Minnesota, they have played some tough teams that they could have won. That's usually what happens when a young team is still learning. Once they have all of their players on the floor, I agree - they will get that 30 and might even still get to 35. They have plenty of time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a second note - I wonder if AlaskaGuy is Hurricane's brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even upset - I think the Lakers have played pretty good and kept the games close. Except for the disaster in Minnesota, they have played some tough teams that they could have won. That's usually what happens when a young team is still learning. Once they have all of their players on the floor, I agree - they will get that 30 and might even still get to 35. They have plenty of time.

I expected the team to get blown out in Minnesota. You can't expect an inexperienced team to play a double overtime game one day, travel 1200 miles overnight and then come out on top the next day.