• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction to this post illustrated by 3 emojis.
:pound:

* pauses in deep contemplation and remembers I'm a Clippers can*

:scratch:

* heads to the wine rack *

:drink:

Laundry didn't work too good......what's for dinner, babe?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laundry didn't work too good......what's for dinner, babe?
th

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just about ad much of a scheduled loss as you can get for the Spurs. Parker/Leonard still on minute restrictions, Anderson (who was playing great) still out, at a fully healthy Houston team...yeah, i ain't worried. Parker/Leonard arent playing tomorrow against Dallas either.

Say what you want the Rockets are scary good this year. As a Ws fan I'm more worried about them than the Spurs at this point.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally serious. This is the era of the superteam. The money is so big now that it really doesn't matter if you make 40M/yr or 30M/yr, except ego. These new guys aren't like that, they get off on winning rings and social media stardom Their brands as leading a team like the Lakers to a title or 2 would dwarf the income of a little less in salary.

Curry didn't make a peep when he was underpaid until just now. No contract demands, nothing. And he had all the leverage. The brand matters. KD, kind of the same. Didn't Chris Paul just take a lot less $ to go to the Rockets?

LeBron can take $10 mil less a year to take his legend to a new level. It's all the moves he has left at his level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you the Rockets are legit. They play defense now. They are going to be a serious challenge to the Ws in the WCF

I agree.

But, only if they are playing this well in May and June. Let's hope they aren't simply peaking too early.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally serious. This is the era of the superteam. The money is so big now that it really doesn't matter if you make 40M/yr or 30M/yr, except ego. These new guys aren't like that, they get off on winning rings and social media stardom Their brands as leading a team like the Lakers to a title or 2 would dwarf the income of a little less in salary.

Curry didn't make a peep when he was underpaid until just now. No contract demands, nothing. And he had all the leverage. The brand matters. KD, kind of the same. Didn't Chris Paul just take a lot less $ to go to the Rockets?

LeBron can take $10 mil less a year to take his legend to a new level. It's all the moves he has left at his level.

Which is exactly why I believe you are making false assumptions when you say that Klay and Dray are both likely to leave. I think one may, but it is as likely that they both stay that it is for both to leave, IMO.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on a minutes restriction. If you guys know ANYTHING about Pop, you'd know this is probably a throwaway game for him. I don't know any fans who really care about this one, given the circumstances.

If you know Pop, there are no throwaway games. (even when he plays their reserve players -- they should be in the game. There is a reason he has developed a lot of "2nd tier" guys)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this hand-wringing about getting Lebron or George is really silly. The Lakers are already 3 deep at PF (Lebron's likely fit)

In order to get Lebron and PG, Randle would be gone. They'd still be 3 deep at PF, but I'd say it's worth the upgrade at that position. Not that I don't think Kuz and Nance would be very good. But neither of them are Lebron. lol You could have Kuz as Lebron's primary backup and have Nance play a few minutes at PF, but also play center when the Lakers go small.

George could fit at SG, but isn't a seemless fit.

Not sure why it wouldn't be. These days it's practically the same position.

If Cousins wasn't such a headcase, he would fit at C, but what the Lakers really need is an athletic rim protecting defender with some passing ability. I was hoping Noel might fit that bill, but he really seems to be regressing and is now out with thumb surgery, so will be a huge question mark this summer. I would like to see the Lakers work Bryant into the rotation a bit to see if he's a fit; clearly Slopez and Bogut (and even Zubac) are centers from an era fading into the past.

Yeah, I really don't want Boogie anywhere near these kids. He creates too much turmoil when he doesn't get his way.

Wouldn't mind seeing them go after DeAndre. In fact, if Lebron isn't coming, then I think he'd be my second choice.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes these are all true facts, but it doesn't change the fact that when he left they were instantly in rebuild mode, which is my only point.

Neither was necessarily because Lebron left though, which is my point.

Cleveland was left in rebuild mode because they thought that Lebron would be happy trying to win all by himself, so they never gave him any decent players. So, of course they were left in rebuild mode, but it was by their own hand. If they had actually put some decent talent around him, he probably never leaves. If he does, they wouldn't be in rebuild mode.

In Miami, they still had D-Wade and Bosh. They were no longer the odds on favorite to win the East, but if Bosh stays healthy, they are still looking at least at the ECF. So, it was Bosh's injury more than Lebron leaving that threw them in to rebuild mode.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to get Lebron and PG, Randle would be gone. They'd still be 3 deep at PF, but I'd say it's worth the upgrade at that position. Not that I don't think Kuz and Nance would be very good. But neither of them are Lebron. lol You could have Kuz as Lebron's primary backup and have Nance play a few minutes at PF, but also play center when the Lakers go small.

Not sure why it wouldn't be. These days it's practically the same position.

Yeah, I really don't want Boogie anywhere near these kids. He creates too much turmoil when he doesn't get his way.

Wouldn't mind seeing them go after DeAndre. In fact, if Lebron isn't coming, then I think he'd be my second choice.
He's too petulant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they're not contenders right now. Adding LBJ instantly changes that. If he only stays a year or two, you think they remain contenders?

Why not? They would still have the young core who are just entering their primes and who now have playoff and possibly finals experience. They'd also still have (presumably) Paul George and whoever the Lakers got to replace Lebron.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope his former team and the fans show him some appreciation when he returns to NY tonight.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CP was traded......we shall see this summer if he is willing to take less.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why I believe you are making false assumptions when you say that Klay and Dray are both likely to leave. I think one may, but it is as likely that they both stay that it is for both to leave, IMO.

Here's the thing.....both may want to be the man......and have their own team.

Stars have egos.