• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the player you've described was Ingram last year. This season so far he's made tremendous strides in improving his game. He looked really polished last night. He has more control of his body & the ball at the rim. He's developed that soft touch around the rim. IMO he looks great. His defense has come along as well. He defended KD as good as one could've hoped - even picked his pocket at a crucial moment in the game. Lets give credit where credit is due.

I think if the Lakers can get that one established star player they will be contenders. PG might want to start paying attention. He could go to LA free & clear & they could keep the squad they have if they wanted to. Will be very interesting 2018 summer.

I agree. He is definitely much better overall. Part of the improvement is that he has concentrated on getting to the rim and hitting mid-range shots. His 3 still needs work, but he's only 21 games into his 2nd season, so he's got time.

With PG, they will still be a couple of seasons from being true contenders, but should be a playoff team. Adding Lebron and PG would make them contenders immediately.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because of how close the game was last night BSpn was talking about how much of last night was a step forward for the Lakers, or was it just the way we match up against the Dubs...

me personally, i think it's more of a match-up thing, but i DID like the effort last night...
Obviously the Lakers won't win more than 30 games or so this year but they are learning and growing from it. Once they find a victim for Luol Dengs contract they will be able to move forward

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers next 10 games:

@ Denver
vs. Houston
@ Philly
@ Charlotte
@ New York
@ Cleveland
vs. Golden State
@ Houston
@ Golden State
vs. Portland

They could find themselves in a race with Dallas and Sacramento for worst record in the West after this stretch. If they went 3-7 I'd consider that good.

They could beat Denver (although it's on the road, so that'll be tougher). Don't see them beating the Rockets either time or Cleveland. Philly is winnable (although, again on the road). Knicks should be winnable, especially if Porzingis is out.

They may be able to steal one from the Warriors (at least based on last night) and they have a decent shot at Portland. I like their chances better with the game in LA than if it was in Portland (that place has always been tough even for the best Lakers teams).

I could see 4 wins (if they can pull an upset in there), but I think 2-8 or 1-9 is also possible.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Kahwi Leonard injury has to be getting worrisome for the Spurs right now. Team is still playing good but he's among the league's best so you know they're missing him.

Meh, it's a Pop coached team. He's just getting the rest now that Pop would give him as the season goes on anyway. lol

He just needs to be back in time to get into game shape, get his timing and re-integrate with the team. Meanwhile, the team gets to learn how good they can be even without him. This could actually make them better and much tougher to deal with when they are healthy.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will. I think Leonard is great at adjusting and will adjust to the way they are currently playing. He did fine before when he was not the primary option. I don't think he has the ego that demands everything runs through him and will understand that he will get his just fine with Aldridge being the first option.
I agree about Leonard. But, I don't think Pop wants LA to be the #1 option over Leonard. Maybe in the very beginning while he's getting acclimated to the pace of the game & getting his legs back. We shall see though.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He is definitely much better overall. Part of the improvement is that he has concentrated on getting to the rim and hitting mid-range shots. His 3 still needs work, but he's only 21 games into his 2nd season, so he's got time.

With PG, they will still be a couple of seasons from being true contenders, but should be a playoff team. Adding Lebron and PG would make them contenders immediately.
I am hoping LBJ doesn't go to LA. I have been a fan for a long time & would hate to have to stop routing for them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before @DJ, @trojanfan12

giphy.gif

@ChiefsLakers67 nerdgasm!!!!!

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will. I think Leonard is great at adjusting and will adjust to the way they are currently playing. He did fine before when he was not the primary option. I don't think he has the ego that demands everything runs through him and will understand that he will get his just fine with Aldridge being the first option.
I love what I'm seeing from Aldridge, but I want Kawhi as the #1 option when he's fully healthy. No doubt in my mind.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie played really well tonight. Tatum had some nice moments. Brown was kind of invisible.

Simmons played well tonight. But he is definitely not at a point where he can carry a team on his back to beat one of the best teams in the league. 15 points 6 board 7 assists and 5 steals is a pretty nice statline. The 5 turnovers aren't great but largely a reflection of the situation.

The Sixers are a 2nd tier team. They are exciting to watch certainly. But they aren't ready to compete with the big dogs yet. I suspect that they will finish the season with something like a .700 win percentage against average and poor teams and a .200 win percentage against the really good teams.

Maybe if Fultz comes back and has a real impact that can change.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie played really well tonight. Tatum had some nice moments. Brown was kind of invisible.

Simmons played well tonight. But he is definitely not at a point where he can carry a team on his back to beat one of the best teams in the league. 15 points 6 board 7 assists and 5 steals is a pretty nice statline. The 5 turnovers aren't great but largely a reflection of the situation.

The Sixers are a 2nd tier team. They are exciting to watch certainly. But they aren't ready to compete with the big dogs yet. I suspect that they will finish the season with something like a .700 win percentage against average and poor teams and a .200 win percentage against the really good teams.

Maybe if Fultz comes back and has a real impact that can change.
Yeah... no Embiid was a shame, too... Sixers were clearly short-handed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... no Embiid was a shame, too... Sixers were clearly short-handed.

I predicted them to be a 45-50 win team. I'm pretty comfortable with that prediction still, barring injury.

But they are, at best, a 2nd round exit from the playoffs.

If Fultz comes back and can make an immediate impact, which I think he definitely could, then the Sixers are closer to 50 wins and have a much better chance of reaching the 2nd round. But that's about it.

Way too young a team especially their key players.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted them to be a 45-50 win team. I'm pretty comfortable with that prediction still, barring injury.

But they are, at best, a 2nd round exit from the playoffs.

If Fultz comes back and can make an immediate impact, which I think he definitely could, then the Sixers are closer to 50 wins and have a much better chance of reaching the 2nd round. But that's about it.

Way too young a team especially their key players.

Still it's gotta feel good, The Process is real

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And cue the excuses for internet gangster coward @Heatles84 for losing his bet. And he was heavily favored heading into the year. Vegas had the Heat projected at 42 wins and the Pacers at 30.:L

There was sarcasm behind my post...

1-2 weeks in early December isn't going to end our season.

Coming back to the boards after a month and calling people cowards :L

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And cue the excuses for internet gangster coward @Heatles84 for losing his bet. And he was heavily favored heading into the year. Vegas had the Heat projected at 42 wins and the Pacers at 30.:L

Where have I made excuses for the Heat? Point out these posts to me. Miami's off to a disappointing start, it is what it is. If the Pacers finish with more wins, I'll honor my side, bitch.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something flying under the radar is that after slowly disappearing the last couple seasons, the defensive put-me-on-whoever-their-best-player-is LeBron seems to be back.

From Porzingis to Kemba to Blake, LeBron has not only been taking on the best player down the stretch but doing a great job at it. Doesn't seem to matter whether its a PG or a C or anyone in between.

Last night Schroeder torched the Cavs in the 1st half. Lue benched Calderon for Green and made Lebron the PG for the 2nd half and put him on Schroeder. He shut him down and it was the difference in the Cavs regaining the lead and taking control of the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still it's gotta feel good, The Process is real

Oh definitely. It feels great. It is an absolute joy to watch Simmons and Embiid play. And it will be really exciting to see Fultz on the floor. I think that people have written Fultz as a bust way too prematurely as well.

Should be exciting times.