• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this idea

Meh, if guys are good enough to make money and play in the NBA let them make money and play in the NBA.

Sad you can die for your country at 18, but can play a fucking sport or drink a beer at 18

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Warriors. Ya'll count '47 and '56? Lame.

Why not? Those titles were won by the organization, not the city. most teams that have moved claim the titles won in the city they moved from. Especially when they kept the same team name.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this idea

Been saying the NBA needs to get rid of the one and done rule since they came up with it. Not everyone is cut out for/wants/needs to go to college. If a guy is good enough out of high school, let him go straight into the NBA.

But, if he's a guy who isn't a "college guy" but still needs a season or 2 to develop, he can go to the G-league to develop for a couple of seasons or so. Keeps those guys from taking scholarships away from guys who want/need them.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying the NBA needs to get rid of the one and done rule since they came up with it. Not everyone is cut out for/wants/needs to go to college. If a guy is good enough out of high school, let him go straight into the NBA.

But, if he's a guy who isn't a "college guy" but still needs a season or 2 to develop, he can go to the G-league to develop for a couple of seasons or so. Keeps those guys from taking scholarships away from guys who want/need them.

Agree, these guys should be funneled towards the Euro or G Leagues.

....and they can make a little money without breaking any laws.

th

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Those titles were won by the organization, not the city. most teams that have moved claim the titles won in the city they moved from. Especially when they kept the same team name.

Something about the NBA (before the ABA merger iirc) before the 60's.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Laker fans, your team is half a game ahead of the Warriors in the standings. Enjoy it!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels good knowing the Kings have a better record than the Warriors....at least for one day.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looks like the early rumors on the Bulls incident were false.

Mirotic charged Portis, MULTIPLE TIMES, per Wojo.

Portis put him to sleep with a one hitter quiter.

So, is it fair to punish Portis more because he won?

I have done a complete 180 on this now that fact has been separated from fiction.

This is why rushing to judgment is a mistake.

I was totally wrong.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dysfunctional is the word that comes to mind
No kidding - Dysfunctional to say the least and the player will be waived for the attack, but there needs to be some action by the NBA which bans him for a minimum of one year to two years so that no one else can sign him. That is totally unacceptable

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looks like the early rumors on the Bulls incident were false.

Mirotic charged Portis, MULTIPLE TIMES, per Wojo.

Portis put him to sleep with a one hitter quiter.

So, is it fair to punish Portis more because he won?

I have done a complete 180 on this now that fact has been separated from fiction.

This is why rushing to judgment is a mistake.

I was totally wrong.

I'm not getting details on what Mirotic did during these "charges" at Portis. Did he just walk quickly toward Portis? Did he act as if he were going to hit Portis? Did he lunge toward Portis in an aggressive manner? Did he run Portis over while Portis impotently stood still with his arms in front of his body like a video game character drawing a charge? I've got no clue what "Mirotic charged Portis" means.

Whatever happened, it sounds like Portis escalated the situation. During games, players approach other players all the time, sometimes in an aggressive manner. The player that throws a punch is always in the wrong.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding - Dysfunctional to say the least and the player will be waived for the attack, but there needs to be some action by the NBA which bans him for a minimum of one year to two years so that no one else can sign him. That is totally unacceptable
I think both sides should be punished. You can't charge at a guy & not expect him to defend himself. It's a natural reaction for most to fight back - in this case he just happened to put the issues to bed - literally with one punch.

#cantblameaguyforhavingdeadlyhands

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides should be punished. You can't charge at a guy & not expect him to defend himself. It's a natural reaction for most to fight back - in this case he just happened to but the issues to bed - literally with one punch.

#cantblameaguyforhavingdeadlyhands
That is pretty much what happens in the business world - two people get into a fight - Both are fired flat out. That's how the real world works - Mostly that happens in blue collar jobs though. I have seen some white collar crime, but nothing violent