• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I can never get you to concede to my POV.....

Yeah, I am pretty stubborn.

Seriously though, it was about a lot more than being willing passers to me. All 3 Heat players were, I just don't believe Wade and LBJ's skill sets really fit because they were both driver/creators who needed the ball and weren't great perimeter shooters.

They clearly fit well enough to win 2 rings, but had they meshed perfectly, they would have won at least 1 more, IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i could be wrong, but i think that Troy's gonna try and make this a blood bath today...

No doubt they will. Based on pure talent and overall health, USC should blow them out.

Rosen is the wild card. If he's on, UCLA has a decent chance. Especially if Darnold plays like he did earlier in the season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems about right.

Like what I'm seeing overall.....Ball is struggling offensively but that was to be expected. Ingram and Kuzma are looking good. Clarkson is balling out but he'll most likely be traded (like we did with Sweet Lou) to make room for a max FA and possibly a 2nd.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a mid 1st rounder (18-20th) for Clarkson and a roster guy to make it work.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though, it was about a lot more than being willing passers to me. All 3 Heat players were, I just don't believe Wade and LBJ's skill sets really fit because they were both driver/creators who needed the ball and weren't great perimeter shooters.

They clearly fit well enough to win 2 rings, but had they meshed perfectly, they would have won at least 1 more, IMO.

Or if lebron didn't let the moment get to him in the 2011 finals vs dallas. What an embarrassing series for that guy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he did get on national tv to tell everyone what shitty lives they have and how awesome his is. Had his "posse" take away video of him getting dunked on by a college kid, etc., etc.

I just think it's funny that my criticism of KD & what he has done lately is now somehow about all the dumb shit LeBron has done throughout his career. And I'm not denying any of the stuff LeBron has done but my original comment was about KD & nobody else. Bringing up all the stuff LeBron has done doesn't change what KD had done & actually has nothing to do w/ my original comments.

Anyway I'll be back a little later. I'm bored & the Buckeyes don't play until 1:30 so I'm jumping on the bus & gonna play some pool, grab a few beers & a bloody mary. Smoke it if ya got it!:nod:

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late reply but I'm so pleased with how the Spurs fought back last night. Like mentioned earlier in the thread by someone else, Pop usually just waves the white flag if he doesn't see his guys giving effort. I guess he saw something last night and let them try to pull it off. Turning the ball over 9 times in 1 quarter, then 4 times the rest of the game certainly helps too. Bertans was massive off the bench, and really needs more playing time. Guy has such a smooth shot.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the reason I have said that Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma could or will become the best combo in the NBA. Granted that's a year or two away, but Kyle Kuzma and Lonzo Ball have some really good chemistry that they started in the summer league from the beginning. It's going to be fun to watch them develop and as much as LB is struggling, I do think he will fix his struggles eventually.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ
If you want to still do the Kings/Lakers bets could you set them up? I don't know how much you wanna bet but a few thousand on the 1st home matchup for each team works for me.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ
If you want to still do the Kings/Lakers bets could you set them up? I don't know how much you wanna bet but a few thousand on the 1st home matchup for each team works for me.

When do the Lakers-Kings play?

You got the wrong man if you want to bet 1,000's.....I'm a ham and egge'er. I don't plan on ever getting Hoop welfare ever again in my Hoop life.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

Done. Good luck......the game could go either way honestly.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the Lakers-Kings play?

You got the wrong man if you want to bet 1,000's.....I'm a ham and egge'er. I don't plan on ever getting Hoop welfare ever again in my Hoop life.
I didn't really care about the amount I just thought you might wanna bet that much. 1st game is Wednesday and the 2nd is early January.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done. Good luck......the game could go either way honestly.
Just accepted it, good luck. Should be a toss up, the Kings have been decent at home.