• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settled the bet, @knowyourenemy.

Absolutely siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick game by Embiid. 46 points, 15 rebounds, 7 blocks and 7 assists is just bonkers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks were supposed to be one of the worst teams (and they still probably are) but they beat the Kings by 46 last night?

I thought Randolph and Hill were supposed to provide veteran leadership.....:scratch:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca post: 10864395 said:
Okay, might be time to pull Lonzo.

The kids confidence is nonexistent.

Playing against 2nd string guys might help.

Shit, a D League stint looks appropriate at this point.

But, we know they won't do that..
Yeah... a big part of the rationale for the Lakers doing what they're doing is... "We don't want the kid to lose confidence"...

But doesn't just sending him out there to shoot like he's shooting have the same potential to wreck the kid's confidence?

Not sure what the solution is at this point, either... if we're talking about the short term. The Lakers should probably have been more proactive and firm about getting Lonzo to fix his shooting form from the get-go... but I'm sure that was a touchy issue dealing with a kid who was already plotting out his "brand" and cultivating a business side hustle.

Reactions: LAD

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settled the bet, @knowyourenemy.

Absolutely siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick game by Embiid. 46 points, 15 rebounds, 7 blocks and 7 assists is just bonkers.
+1. Yeah. It was a favorbable match-up for Embiid against the Lakers quote unquote post defense, but that's ridiculous.

Dude is very good and will be great *if* *if* *if*... he can stay healthy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The process is going to end with a ring. Embiid looks like the second coming of Hakeem.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun facts :

Embiid had 46 points on 20 shots vs LAL last night at the Staples Center.
For the season, Lonzo Ball has 52 points on 88 shots at the Staples Center.

If Simmons missed his next 133 dunks, he would still have a better FG% than Ball.

Ball leads Fultz in head to head match ups by 2 points......

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... a big part of the rationale for the Lakers doing what they're doing is... "We don't want the kid to lose confidence"...

But doesn't just sending him out there to shoot like he's shooting have the same potential to wreck the kid's confidence?

Yeah, it's a bit of a catch-22. It's probably the first time in his life that he's struggled with his shot. At least for this long. On the one hand, you want to keep playing him because he's not going to get better by not playing.

On the other hand, it's looking like his shooting woes are starting to effect the rest of his game.

I think I'd just tell him, don't worry about shooting one way or the other and just concentrate on the rest of your game.

but I'm sure that was a touchy issue dealing with a kid who was already plotting out his "brand" and cultivating a business side hustle.

The Lakers decided not to mess with his shot because he's never had a problem with it. Heard Reggie Miller on Dan Patrick saying that he thinks once a guy gets to the NBA, you don't mess with his shot because he made it to the NBA shooting like that and that he'll figure it out. Not sure I agree, but he's a much better shooter than me so.......

The problem with the brand thing is that it's not his brand. It's his Dad doing all of this. From all reports, Lonzo just wants to play basketball. Unfortunately, Lonzo is paying for his Dad's actions.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the brand thing is that it's not his brand. It's his Dad doing all of this. From all reports, Lonzo just wants to play basketball. Unfortunately, Lonzo is paying for his Dad's actions.

I think that was the point everyone said about Lavar's actions & words. No one complained about Lonzo. The problem brought up is the impact of all the "external stuff" ... will it add to the pressure of a rookie joining the NBA with only 1 year of college experience? Is it best for Lonzo's career ?

For example, Lonzo is a much better 3-point shooter than he has shown (I do have serious doubts about his mid-range game) -- so at this point, poor shooting has to be mental. (I've been there -- it happens.)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was the point everyone said about Lavar's actions & words. No one complained about Lonzo. The problem brought up is the impact of all the "external stuff" ... will it add to the pressure of a rookie joining the NBA with only 1 year of college experience? Is it best for Lonzo's career ?

Agree. In a way, LiAngelo getting arrested in China might be good for Lonzo. lol His Dad has pretty much shut the hell up since that happened. Hopefully he'll keep his mouth shut and Lonzo can just play ball.

For example, Lonzo is a much better 3-point shooter than he has shown (I do have serious doubts about his mid-range game) -- so at this point, poor shooting has to be mental. (I've been there -- it happens.)

Lonzo himself has said it's mental, so you may very well be right.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what the solution is at this point, either... if we're talking about the short term. but I'm sure that was a touchy issue dealing with a kid who was already plotting out his "brand" and cultivating a business side hustle.

The Lakers should probably have been more proactive and firm about getting Lonzo to fix his shooting form from the get-go...

^^^This^^^
They saw that awful form when he was college- which by the way- is where the work to change it should've really started. To your point, yes they should've had him working on that in summer league. Preseason he was hurt & missed the last few games, but that shot DEFINITELY needs work if they ever want him to be a threat on offense.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun facts :

Embiid had 46 points on 20 shots vs LAL last night at the Staples Center.
For the season, Lonzo Ball has 52 points on 88 shots at the Staples Center.

If Simmons missed his next 133 dunks, he would still have a better FG% than Ball.

Ball leads Fultz in head to head match ups by 2 points......

Ball does other things to help his team......Fultz not so much, he'd be the bigger bust at this point.....imo.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see them winning in the next couple seasons or after the Warriors are done winning titles?

I think it may take a few years, but these guys have another decade in front of them. The Sixers will need to add more pieces but they still have multiple first rounders in years to come, either from the Lakers or Kings under the trades they have previously made. Markelle Fultz has yet to even play. If he really pans out, well, maybe it happens sooner.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball does other things to help his team......Fultz not so much, he'd be the bigger bust at this point.....imo.

You realize Fultz is injured and hasn't even played yet right? The line about him being behind Ball is a joke, given how little Ball scored last night.