• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Spring Ball Thread

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand BTN's coverage of the spring game. It's recorded so why not cut out all the bullshit because if you know you only have 2 hours of airtime, condense the fucking video down into 2 fucking hours so you can fit it all in before switching to Penn fucking State's spring game.

If I were a family member of a freshman or what not and looking forward to watching my son play on tv, I'd be fucking pissed at BTN.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand BTN's coverage of the spring game. It's recorded so why not cut out all the bullshit because if you know you only have 2 hours of airtime, condense the fucking video down into 2 fucking hours so you can fit it all in before switching to Penn fucking State's spring game.

If I were a family member of a freshman or what not and looking forward to watching my son play on tv, I'd be fucking pissed at BTN.
Agree with the sentiment. I think this here is a link to the full game if you want to watch.

Big Red Wrap-Up: Husker Spring Game | netnebraska.org

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it's completely disrespectful to Nebraska when Ohio state gets to air they're full spring game add an extra minute of playing time which I couldn't tell you how long of TV air time that turns out to be Nebraska loses entire quarter and Penn State gets to have their whole fucking spring game aired it's bullshit

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should ditch the B1G over this atrocity!!

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny to me that people want heads to roll over this.

Nebraska was allotted 2 hours just like every other team. so who's fault was it that the scrimmage took longer than 2 hours? MR's and the coaches, if you wanted it to fit in that time frame you have to speed things up.

i was listening to DB this morning on my way into work, he was saying how they started airing during the tunnel walk, so that right there added 6 minutes, then the guys ran out and they needed to get settled in for the kickoff and you already lost like 10 minutes of time. They ran 4 - 20 minute quarters (supposed to be running clock) which is 80 minutes, but in the 1st quarter they were stopping the clock all the time. after TDs or punts. what's the point of a running clock if you stop it? Not to mention all the extra stuff Nebraska did, introduced the new chancelor, introduced and gave out rings to the NC volleyball team.

I think i heard somewhere that both OSU and PSU went to a constantly running clock after like the 1st quarter to speed up the games.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska was allotted 2 hours just like every other team. so who's fault was it that the scrimmage took longer than 2 hours? MR's and the coaches, if you wanted it to fit in that time frame you have to speed things up.

i was listening to DB this morning on my way into work, he was saying how they started airing during the tunnel walk, so that right there added 6 minutes, then the guys ran out and they needed to get settled in for the kickoff and you already lost like 10 minutes of time. They ran 4 - 20 minute quarters (supposed to be running clock) which is 80 minutes, but in the 1st quarter they were stopping the clock all the time. after TDs or punts. what's the point of a running clock if you stop it? Not to mention all the extra stuff Nebraska did, introduced the new chancelor, introduced and gave out rings to the NC volleyball team.

I think i heard somewhere that both OSU and PSU went to a constantly running clock after like the 1st quarter to speed up the games.
They were streaming live, so other games shouldn't matter. They were still recording and broadcasting. It didn't air live on BTN, so they could have cut out the extra crap for the actual TV broadcast. It's not a big deal, but they could have handled it way better.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:ban: :lm:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding.

#1 Red O vs #2 White D
#1 Red D vs #2 White O

Hence only scoring for #1 Red O vs #2 White D. Weighted toward #2 White D having more opportunities to score.
well good call R_A, it was #1 vs #2s, it really surprised me they never got the #1 vs #1s out there as both our young Oline and Dline could have used some series against the better guys, imo.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RED defense was amazing, as was the RED offense

Red held the white team to 0 yards offensively
The Red offense had 645 total yards
Red needs to work on sacking the QB

RED WHITE
First downs ................. 32 0
Rushing ..................... 16 0
Passing ..................... 16 0
Penalty ...................... 0 0
Rushes-Yards (net) ...........64-343 0-0
Passing yds (net) ........... 301 0
Att-Comp-Int ................ 33-58-1 0-0-0
Total offense............... 122-644 0-0
Kickoff returns-Yards ........ 2-48 1-16
Interception returns-Yds .... 0-0 1-2
Punts-Average ................3-53.0 0-0
Fumbles-Lost ................ 3-0 0-0
Penalties-Yards ............. 8-58 0-0
Third-down conversions....... 5 of 33 0-0
Fourth-down conversions...... 3 of 9 0-0
Red-zone scores-Chances ..... 2-2 0-0
Sacks by-Yards .............. 0-0 3-24

In case this gets archived and someone goes searching for this in five years and they will go WTF?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good call R_A, it was #1 vs #2s, it really surprised me they never got the #1 vs #1s out there as both our young Oline and Dline could have used some series against the better guys, imo.

I haven't watched it yet. Maybe tonight. Is Tommy still throwing jump balls?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the game made me excited for the fall.

Natty on a fucking platter

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...I'm still LOLing @ the dipshits on the facebook comments bitching about our defense because of the high score

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 4th qtr yesterday just to see what that POB looked like, his passes @ 5-15 yds looked effortlessly easy compared to any of the other QBs, on time and in stride. Nothing much to make out of it but we will need a backup to play at some point next year, he's nowhere close now but he was still in HS 4 months ago.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 4th qtr yesterday just to see what that POB looked like, his passes @ 5-15 yds looked effortlessly easy compared to any of the other QBs, on time and in stride. Nothing much to make out of it but we will need a backup to play at some point next year, he's nowhere close now but he was still in HS 4 months ago.
He looked smooth. I know this isn't a direct comparison, but which one of these things is not like the other? :lol:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched it yet. Maybe tonight. Is Tommy still throwing jump balls?

My opinion, he was throwing bullets but I think the training with Bret Favre might have rubbed off. Trying to thread the needle on a triple team is pretty hard to do. I might be exaggerating a little on the triple team, but the passes were mostly bullets.

I will ruin it for you, the first play is a bomb and was oh so close. The wind carried it just a smidgeon outside of Reilly's reach.

Cotton does take a HUGE hit on a play across the middle. Well thrown ball, hit him in his hands, but just a HUGE hit. kalu? Chris Jones? Eric Lee? Avery Anderson?

Another thing, Eric Lee is very fast. He ran down Tommy Armstrong, and Tommy is no slouch.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked smooth. I know this isn't a direct comparison, but which one of these things is not like the other? :lol:

To be fair, if this was a shot of him throwing that deep pass to start the scrimmage, there should be an elevated shoulder. That thing was 60 yards in the air wasn't it? There is a mighty small group who could throw it that far with level shoulders.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is pretty damn good looking posture for a deep ball