• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Spring Ball Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was looking for the S&C thread, but couldn't find it. i guess i could have stuck it under that Epley thread, but whatever.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually looked more physical last year than at any time under Dobson.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is good for a laugh:

Ohio State football | Tim Beck settles in after tough 2015

A year ago at this time, Tim Beck’s head was spinning.

Urban Meyer had hired him away from Nebraska to become Ohio State’s quarterbacks coach after Tom Herman left for Houston, but Beck quickly found himself behind the eight ball.

Everything was new to him, and the Youngstown native acknowledges that his adjustment to Ohio State football was more difficult than he expected.

“Just because when you’re at one place for so long and you do it for so long a certain way, when you change and come here, anything is going to be different,” said Beck, who’d been at Nebraska since 2008. “Every area of the program is different than where I came from.”

Beck bore some of the brunt for Ohio State’s inconsistent offense in 2015 because he had the final decision on play-calling from the press box. The nadir came when the Buckeyes looked like imposters in the loss to Michigan State.

That game remains a painful memory.

“I try not to revisit those things,” Beck said with an uneasy chuckle. “You try to move on.

We didn’t execute. They did. You ask yourself, ‘Did I prepare our guys to go out and beat those guys?’ Probably not, obviously. We didn’t beat them. I always start pointing the finger at me.”

After that game, Meyer moved offensive-line coach/offensive coordinator Ed Warinner to the press box to call plays for the Michigan and Notre Dame games. The offense rolled in both victories.

But he remains under the microscope. Asked to assess Beck’s performance last year, Meyer replied,"Just OK. He took over for a very valuable guy. (But) I expect more out of him."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: they lost one game by 3 points and the fans are calling for his head. 12-1 JFC

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: they lost one game by 3 points and the fans are calling for his head. 12-1 JFC
To be fair, they weren't super excited about getting him in the first place, and then he got called out by his RB for his playcalling in that game and the HC agreed with the RB. Oh, and that game cost them the chance at playing for another title.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they weren't super excited about getting him in the first place, and then he got called out by his RB for his playcalling in that game and the HC agreed with the RB. Oh, and that game cost them the chance at playing for another title.

No I agree he sucks. I just thought some of the fan comments were funny

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, i was saying that before Beck even called one play at OSU. glad people listen to me.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all collectively snickered when Urban Meyer's reasoning for hiring him was "well he won nine games every year while he was at Nebraska"

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, i was saying that before Beck even called one play at OSU. glad people listen to me.

Yo how about Kobe last night? That was the best night of regular season basketball in the history of the game IMO.

Dubs win 73 Kobe drops a 60 bomb and drops the mic.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is good for a laugh:

Ohio State football | Tim Beck settles in after tough 2015

A year ago at this time, Tim Beck’s head was spinning.

Urban Meyer had hired him away from Nebraska to become Ohio State’s quarterbacks coach after Tom Herman left for Houston, but Beck quickly found himself behind the eight ball.

Everything was new to him, and the Youngstown native acknowledges that his adjustment to Ohio State football was more difficult than he expected.

“Just because when you’re at one place for so long and you do it for so long a certain way, when you change and come here, anything is going to be different,” said Beck, who’d been at Nebraska since 2008. “Every area of the program is different than where I came from.”

Beck bore some of the brunt for Ohio State’s inconsistent offense in 2015 because he had the final decision on play-calling from the press box. The nadir came when the Buckeyes looked like imposters in the loss to Michigan State.

That game remains a painful memory.

“I try not to revisit those things,” Beck said with an uneasy chuckle. “You try to move on.

We didn’t execute. They did. You ask yourself, ‘Did I prepare our guys to go out and beat those guys?’ Probably not, obviously. We didn’t beat them. I always start pointing the finger at me.”

After that game, Meyer moved offensive-line coach/offensive coordinator Ed Warinner to the press box to call plays for the Michigan and Notre Dame games. The offense rolled in both victories.

But he remains under the microscope. Asked to assess Beck’s performance last year, Meyer replied,"Just OK. He took over for a very valuable guy. (But) I expect more out of him."

"Hired him away from Nebraska"? :L

That fuck was on the street unemployed.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I is worried stool has that picture saved on his hard drive

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious if we can make it to like 60th in the country in pass D this year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious if we can make it to like 60th in the country in pass D this year.
Of course we can, we easily surpassed that only one game in last season

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know the official story for McMullen is that he's buckling down on his academics to get into grad school, but it seems like we're getting a lot of mixed messages from coaches and reporters.

Sounds like there's more to it than just that.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Severe keeps tweeting about being excited to see him play under JP like he has heard something no one else has. Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse about it.