• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Regular season thread

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else would ya'll expect from Dumpster Diving Dan?

I might have spoke too soon, Dan may see potential for both players to get on base since they are base stealers. And looking early for next season?:noidea:. But still the o's are in a division race and I cant figure out why sports (?baseball?) media is making the claim its a push for the postseason:gaah:

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miley showing his worth so far today...lol
It's September already... as I've already mentioned previously, they should have called up the entire 40-man roster (so that relay teams could be used in lieu of weak starting pitchers).

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2 out of three still isn't bad. While Miley looked like his typical self, you can't be 0-10 with runners in scoring position and expect to win.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2 out of three still isn't bad. While Miley looked like his typical self, you can't be 0-10 with runners in scoring position and expect to win.

Obviously, you can't win them all... but let's see what happened to the Orioles after a 3-3 week.
  • Divisional race: No change (still 3 GB)

• Wild card race: They've actually lost ground here. A week ago, the Orioles were 1 game behind the 1st wild card (Boston) and 2 games ahead of the "last team out of the postseason" (Detroit); they're now 2 games behind the 1st wild card and tied with Detroit, which means that two consecutive wins are needed to reach the ALDS if the regular reason ended today.

Last edited:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bye bye orioles.....leading the division all year and will be out of a playoff spot at the end of today. Orioles don't deserve a postseason

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimenez again cant get out of the first inning......
if Jimenez gets through the first what kind of gem would this game could have been........
25-0 for 100-62....and a postseason

Lesson learned: Panic selling due to intra-day volatility is a bad idea not only for the stock market... but also for the pro sports team that you're a fan of. :scratch:

(Sorry to put you on the spot... but to be fair, I would have had the exact same reaction had I checked the score while the game was in progress. Who would have expected Jimenez to finish the rest of the game after exploding in the first inning?)

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also deal in the stock market.....I panicked but I didn't sell, We have seen him pitch gems before then we also see him not able to get out of the first 3 innings, these last 25 game HAVE TO BE BETTER than average for the Birds to win the division crown/wild card spot. Tor and Bos are really not much better than the Orioles. They can still win the East because they held the first place spot longer than any other team

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if the results of TOR-NYY and DET-CHW also hold... :hope:

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto lost to the Yankees. If the O's couple go 5-2 the next couple weeks they could take the division.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking a lot more promising than a week ago. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch or listen to the game today. Crossing my fingers for a sweep!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither starter makes it out of the 4th, tied at 5, B4. Rays have 2nd & 3rd 2 outs

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Orioles look to work their way back into first place in the American League East, they’ll soon be joined by a pair of key players that have been on the disabled list,per MASNsports.com’s Roch Kubatko. Baltimore’s top starter, Chris Tillman, is slated to throw one final bullpen session on Friday before making a return to the rotation against the Tigers on Sunday. Notably, manager Buck Showalter said that no one will come out of the rotation when Tillman returns, as Baltimore will instead go with a six-man starting staff. Meanwhile, setup man Darren O’Day, who has been out since early August with a rotator cuff strain, threw 26 pitches today and felt good. Like Tillman, he’s lined up for a Friday bullpen session, but he’ll require a few days of rest and then a simulated game before he’s cleared to return. The Orioles are hoping that will happen at some point next week, per Kubatko.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notably, manager Buck Showalter said that no one will come out of the rotation when Tillman returns, as Baltimore will instead go with a six-man starting staff.

When every game is critical, Miley should not be starting while the expanded roster is available (7.15 ERA / 1.68 WHIP since the all-star break). In fact, neither should Gallardo (5.16 ERA / 1.53 WHIP in the same time frame); with Jimenez returning to form (3.38 ERA / 1.01 WHIP since the all-star break), they could use a 4-man rotation and cover the #5 spot with a relay team.