• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's prob exactly what Gilbert wanted to do, but we both know if he had, and the Cavs had lost, then James would have had in his back pocket the excuse he needed to leave, if he wanted to.
Like we've all been telling you, James runs the show.
That scene wasn't in the script.

As far as figuring out where to apply the tax, put it wherever you choose, but most owners look at players/ values and then decide to keep or rid of them based on what their net cost will be.

Let's see what happens with Delly.
Hopefully James wants him around.
i think that Griffin finally had the opportunity to get a guy that they had wanted for a long time- who is signed for less than 16 million combined for the next 2 years to be a very solid bench big.

I think your level of paranoia and ulterior motives borders on the delusional at times.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most in the Heat organization seems confident that he will play. I know Wade said he's 100% sure Bosh is playing next season. Guess we'll see
thats pretty crazy that you guys have both seemed to come to opposite conclusions....hmmm...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats pretty crazy that you guys have both seemed to come to opposite conclusions....hmmm...

Well we're both right. Turnup is looking at it from an MD perspective. I'm just going by what players on the Heat are saying who been in contact with Bosh. Players think he will be back. It is tougher to say he will be back if you're looking at it strictly from an MD perspectiv

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're both right. Turnup is looking at it from an MD perspective. I'm just going by what players on the Heat are saying who been in contact with Bosh. Players think he will be back. It is tougher to say he will be back if you're looking at it strictly from an MD perspectiv

I hope you're right.

I haven't heard/read anything from the Heat on the subject, which I feel isn't a good sign because saying Bosh will be back would certainly help any FA pitch.

It's just a very unfortunate situation from a business and personal standpoint.

I personally think the Heat have to evaluate looking at the business end.
They can't continue to have his salary on the books if there's no certainly he can play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully BK is more informed then I am.
I haven't read or heard anything from anyone saying they were sure he'd be back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that Lin may go to Brooklyn. Linsanity back in NYC? :yes:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully BK is more informed then I am.
I haven't read or heard anything from anyone saying they were sure he'd be back.

This is the most recent one I saw. Saw something a month ago from UD as well.

Wade said he "100 percent" expects Bosh back.

"I have no doubt in my mind," Wade said. "I'm not a doctor. And even the people who are around, no one knows what Chris has gone through and how this is going to shake out. I hope that's back and doing it with me, doing it with UD, doing it with an organization that he won two championships in. I have no doubt in my mind that he's going to be back and he's going to be Chris Bosh."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most recent one I saw. Saw something a month ago from UD as well.

Wade said he "100 percent" expects Bosh back.

"I have no doubt in my mind," Wade said. "I'm not a doctor. And even the people who are around, no one knows what Chris has gone through and how this is going to shake out. I hope that's back and doing it with me, doing it with UD, doing it with an organization that he won two championships in. I have no doubt in my mind that he's going to be back and he's going to be Chris Bosh."

Honestly. I take that with a grain of salt.
I see the word expect.
In other words, obviously the Heat can clear him at this point.
However, I expect them not to, because of the reoccurrence risk.
Wade is looking at it as a player, the Heat as a business.

Maybe Wade now knows/ thinks they won't clear him and that is why he is open to possibly leaving?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Wade, Bosh, Irving and Love aren't great players because they weren't with Lebron his entire career?

Of course not.

During the Bird-LeBron comparison, someone - I think tlance - said that Bird, unlike LeBron, had hall of fame teammates his "entire career". Someone responded with " what do you call Bosh, Wade, Love, Irving". I was just pointing out the "entire" part of the original statement.

McHale and Parrish and others were with Bird for his entire 13-season career.
LeBron's seasons with Wade,Bosh,Irving,Love account for less than half of his career.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have not seen anythign either.....makes me thinkt hey are not releasing information purposefully.

If they know Bosh is back... wouldn't they want that information out there for potential free agents to know about?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have not seen anythign either.....makes me thinkt hey are not releasing information purposefully.

I'm sure it could really become a tricky situation between the team and players association, right?

My guess is you're enjoying it, but it sucks for him, the team, the EC in general.

I wish illness/ injuries, on no one, ever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it could really become a tricky situation between the team and players association, right?

My guess is you're enjoying it, but it sucks for him, the team, the EC in general.

I wish illness/ injuries, on no one, ever.
im not enjoying it all

best case scenario for me is Bosh comes back, Whiteside comes back, Wade comes back- and we finally get the Miami Heat/Cleveland Cavaliers playoff series i have been jonesing for and proceed to shellack the Heat 4-1. Seriously. It would be no fun to have the Heat be decimated by injury and free agency next year in the East....sure- id laugh at first- but its just not any fun long term.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they know Bosh is back... wouldn't they want that information out there for potential free agents to know about?
well- as that skolnick article says--- even if he thinks he is coming back- its not like that can be counted on 100% right?...the uncertainty is the real problem even if they do THINK he should be okay.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that Griffin finally had the opportunity to get a guy that they had wanted for a long time- who is signed for less than 16 million combined for the next 2 years to be a very solid bench big.

I think your level of paranoia and ulterior motives borders on the delusional at times.

I think you're often either naive or just a blind homer.

The Cavs won, so obviously the whole narrative of the conversation has to change.
So yes or no was he worth it last season. I'll say yes.

However, in general, it doesn't change the fact that a player with his skill set is not worth an out of pocket cost of 20-25M or whatever it ends up being.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- as that skolnick article says--- even if he thinks he is coming back- its not like that can be counted on 100% right?...the uncertainty is the real problem even if they do THINK he should be okay.

They thought he'd be ok last season, therein lies the problem.

From what I've heard/read, other then blood thinners, you can't stop the potential risk of reoccurrence.

Does anyone know anything different?

Status
Not open for further replies.