• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said "entire career".

Parrish was Bird's teammate his entire career. McHale was his teammate 12 of the 13 seasons.

So Wade, Bosh, Irving and Love aren't great players because they weren't with Lebron his entire career?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Wade, Bosh, Irving and Love aren't great players because they weren't with Lebron his entire career?
they just have a lot longer to go to prove that they were the caliber player- a hall of famer- many of those players that played with Bird are--- DJ, McHale, Parish *are hall of famers.

shit- dont get me wrong- i think their is a high probability we see a Kyrie Irving hall of fame speech someday- but its a long long way off and a lot of things have to break right...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare salaries from this year to any other year because of the huge cap increase.
Are you forgetting that James played for less then 15M when he first joined the Heat?
God your dumb.

that was the whole fucking point of Thompsons hold out.

this is seriously why i get pissed about this. Its honestly like you know fucking nothing.

If Tristan Thompson said- FUCK YOU- you didnt want to give me the 5 year 94 max and played at the restricted 1 year tender last year--- he said he was gonna enter TRULY unrestricted free agency.

After a 2nd straight Finals of averaging a double double- and fucking keeping up with Steph Curry on the perimeter- and basically being the 2nd best player on a Finals run last year- and the 3rd best ona Finals run this year (most of the time)--- and with ALL the insane cash going around- the Cavs would have been LUCKY to get him at 5 years 82 million this offseason.

JUST like i said- WATCH. 5 years 82 is a BARGAIN

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just have a lot longer to go to prove that they were the caliber player- a hall of famer- many of those players that played with Bird are--- DJ, McHale, Parish *are hall of famers.

shit- dont get me wrong- i think their is a high probability we see a Kyrie Irving hall of fame speech someday- but its a long long way off and a lot of things have to break right...

You don't see Wade and Bosh as hall of famers?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see Wade and Bosh as hall of famers?
Oh wade and bosh for sure- i was talking about kyrie and love.

to be honest- i dont know quite enough about how good those celtics were---- parrish seems to be to be an amazing garbage man....mchale at least from what i understand- is probably the best of the whole bunch, followed by wade.....

who knows what KI will be at the end.

who is better ? Mchale or wade? prob very hard to compare- who would u rank higher all time?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wade and bosh for sure- i was talking about kyrie and love.

to be honest- i dont know quite enough about how good those celtics were---- parrish seems to be to be an amazing garbage man....mchale at least from what i understand- is probably the best of the whole bunch, followed by wade.....

who knows what KI will be at the end.

who is better ? Mchale or wade? prob very hard to compare- who would u rank higher all time?

Those Celtics teams were amazing. They were mean as hell and physical, but could still kill you with the fast break when given the opportunity. They also had very high basketball iq's. The Spurs are probably the closest to those Celtics teams from the 80's.

Wade and McHale, that's a tough comparison because they play completely different positions. They both do multiple things well. Overall, I'd probably give a slight nod to Wade because of his ballhandling skills and overall athleticism. Wade can create his own shot, McHale couldn't.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare salaries from this year to any other year because of the huge cap increase.
Are you forgetting that James played for less then 15M when he first joined the Heat?

Sure you can. Do you think no one knew that the salary cap would increase this year ? (I think I read it once on these boards ... some guy named Wiggy wrote about it)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- I am a sports fan- and I think its pretty clear I do not like the Miami Heat......probably an understatement......but if Whiteside leaves, and Wade leaves and Bosh retires- its gonna take a LOT of fun out of it....I hope Whiteside stays, Bosh gets healthy, and Wade stays- so we can finally get our Miami/Cleveland playoff series- and i can continually make fun of them for giving whiteside so much money.

i think they are on REAL tenuous ground though. I think its 50/50 that whole roster could come crashing down like a ton of bricks at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can. Do you think no one knew that the salary cap would increase this year ? (I think I read it once on these boards ... some guy named Wiggy wrote about it)
maybe once or twice....lol

i dunno gar....u didnt know that NBA teams arent allowed to plan ahead? lol.

i love that the Cavs have their core (besides Bron) - signed up long term at pre-cap explosion dollars in Love, Irving and Thompson--- thats the core of the freaking team- and everyone of those guy's contracts are going to look AMAZING compared to the crap that comes out this year

really- the NBA PA should have agreed to a smoothing mechanism. Revenues increase by 25% - and almost all of that is going to go to players that were simply lucky enough to be a free agent at the right time or play their cards the right way. Unbelievable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I wonder how those guys feel about everyone saying Lebron had no help and all of his teammates sucked.

Nobody is saying that.

The Miami teams were elite. Wade and Bosh were awesome. The Cleveland teams (including the current version) did not and do not have an elite supporting cast, although Kyrie's stock is rising.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, in Wiggy's defense, that was part of his argument all along. The cap increase this year would make Thonpson's salary look attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.