• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, people are JUST NOW finding out about Jim Buss? We've(well, atleast I have) been complaining about Jim Buss ever since he hired Mike Brown over Brian Shaw, all because of his hate for Phil. I guess it took Kobe retiring for people to finally realize that it was the organization's/lack of proven players fault in all of these blunders. That aside, let me just get this out of the way and say that, people really don't realize how much David Stern actually started the downfall. Odom leaves, we feel that we NEED to get a PG in Steve Nash after missing CP3, and the rest is history. Moving on, I gotta say that I don't like Jim just as much as the next person, but even in all of this misery, we've made some savvy moves(while being very fortunate) to build this nice, young core that we have. As for this free agency, this is the calmest that I've been about free agency since maybe 2011(well, before the CP3 rumors heated up that is), when all of our money was tied up and we weren't going to be players in a long time, because we have a sense of direction. Young core, young coach, bright future. The only way I explode, is if we throw a huge, multi year deal to Austin Rivers or somebody like that

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, people are JUST NOW finding out about Jim Buss? We've(well, atleast I have) been complaining about Jim Buss ever since he hired Mike Brown over Brian Shaw, all because of his hate for Phil. I guess it took Kobe retiring for people to finally realize that it was the organization's fault in all of these blunders. That aside, let me just get this out of the way and say that, people really don't realize how much David Stern actually started the downfall. Odom leaves, we feel that we NEED to get a PG in Steve Nash after missing CP3, and the rest is history. Moving on, I gotta say that I don't like Jim just as much as the next person, but even in all of this misery, we've made some savvy moves(while being very fortunate) to build this nice, young core that we have. As for this free agency, this is the calmest that I've been about free agency since maybe 2011(well, before the CP3 rumors heated up that is), when all of our money was tied up and we weren't going to be players in a long time, because we have a sense of direction. Young core, young coach, bright future. The only way I explode, is if we throw a huge, multi year deal to Austin Rivers or somebody like that

Don't start this again.

You are right. stern started it by allowing the league office to take control of the Hornets in the first place, then by putting an incompetent in charge of personnel decisions.

Please stop bringing up this trade. The "Hornets" should have never agreed to it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't start this again.

You are right. stern started it by allowing the league office to take control of the Hornets in the first place, then by putting an incompetent in charge of personnel decisions.

Please stop bringing up this trade. The "Hornets" should have never agreed to it.
Actually, they put a pretty respected GM in Dell Demps "in charge" of the team, and he got them a haul in that trade. But that's in the rear view, just thought that it had to be brought up again amidst this "Jim Buss taking down the Lakers" conversation

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, people are JUST NOW finding out about Jim Buss? We've(well, atleast I have) been complaining about Jim Buss ever since he hired Mike Brown over Brian Shaw, all because of his hate for Phil. I guess it took Kobe retiring for people to finally realize that it was the organization's/lack of proven players fault in all of these blunders. That aside, let me just get this out of the way and say that, people really don't realize how much David Stern actually started the downfall. Odom leaves, we feel that we NEED to get a PG in Steve Nash after missing CP3, and the rest is history. Moving on, I gotta say that I don't like Jim just as much as the next person, but even in all of this misery, we've made some savvy moves(while being very fortunate) to build this nice, young core that we have. As for this free agency, this is the calmest that I've been about free agency since maybe 2011(well, before the CP3 rumors heated up that is), when all of our money was tied up and we weren't going to be players in a long time, because we have a sense of direction. Young core, young coach, bright future. The only way I explode, is if we throw a huge, multi year deal to Austin Rivers or somebody like that

The Nash trade was looking good at the time. He was coming off a season where he averaged 12.5ppg and 10.7apg in 62 games. He was an athlete who kept himself in great physical shape......there was no way to know he would have a rash of injuries he sustained while a Laker.

Shit happens. You deal with it and move on.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they put a pretty respected GM in Dell Demps "in charge" of the team, and he got them a haul in that trade. But that's in the rear view, just thought that it had to be brought up again amidst this "Jim Buss taking down the Lakers" conversation

I agree.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've actually been saying this for years as I saw the Jim Buss disaster coming for a while. I'm sure you can go back to posts of mine from 2013/2014 detailing my opinions.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nash trade was looking good at the time. He was coming off a season where he averaged 12.5ppg and 10.7apg in 62 games. He was an athlete who kept himself in great physical shape......there was no way to know he would have a rash of injuries he sustained while a Laker.

Shit happens. You deal with it and move on.
Oh I never blamed Buss/Kupchak/whomever for making that trade, as it was definitely the right move to make at the time

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you so broke vcash wise DJ?

The words "Black Lives matter supporter", "Trump fan", and "feminists". Jesus Christ, why bother with that shit, Whiteside??? How do you not see that as a troll job?

Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.