• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shouldve dealt Whiteside at the trade deadline if Riley's intention was to let him walk anyway. Thats a major missed opportunity.

At the time Riley thought he had a roster that could challenge the Cavs in the East (I still stand by my prediction of Cavs in 6 with a healthy Whiteside and Bosh). I see the reason for not trading him at the time. Plus, I could see why Riley wanted to hold onto him. However, I think Whiteside's attitude/remarks regarding free agency have Riley thinking twice now. There's a reason Miami has the last meeting with Durant - so Whiteside signs somewhere else.

Sticky/Bookmark/cache this post right now - I do not see Whiteside on the Heat roster next season and I'm fine with it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you over praise a guy who can without a doubt make a strong argument as top 5 all time at the age of 31? lol

7 Finals Apperances, 3 titles, 3 Finals MVP's, 4 MVP's, 11 all NBA first teams-- at the AGE of 31.

this is the type of career you see only one or twice in your lifetime. I dont think you need "foggy goggles" to realize how good LeBron is.

YOU can "over-praise" him all you like...:kissass:

free country...:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time Riley thought he had a roster that could challenge the Cavs in the East (I still stand by my prediction of Cavs in 6 with a healthy Whiteside and Bosh). I see the reason for not trading him at the time. Plus, I could see why Riley wanted to hold onto him. However, I think Whiteside's attitude/remarks regarding free agency have Riley thinking twice now. There's a reason Miami has the last meeting with Durant - so Whiteside signs somewhere else.

Sticky/Bookmark/cache this post right now - I do not see Whiteside on the Heat roster next season and I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]

really? maybe i'm in the minority here, but I REALLY thought Whiteside liked being in Miami...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shouldve dealt Whiteside at the trade deadline if Riley's intention was to let him walk anyway. Thats a major missed opportunity.

And how so?
That's CRAZY.
Trade for whom, what?
He was making less then 1 M last year.
Heat were making shrewd moves to get under the cap at that time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Whiteside would stay if at midnight he got a call from Riley offering a max.
Apparently that's not happening until he speaks with Durant.

NOBODY should blame Whiteside if that is the case and he grabs his 100M TONIGHT.

Plus it is Cuban.
Whiteside can always change his mind..lol

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Whiteside would stay if at midnight he got a call from Riley offering a max.
Apparently that's not happening until he speaks with Durant.

NOBODY should blame Whiteside if that is the case and he grabs his 100M TONIGHT.

yeah, I guess you got me there. in his case why WOULDN'T you consider the money...?

wherever he lands, hoping he doesn't get fat and happy...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sticky/Bookmark/cache this post right now - I do not see Whiteside on the Heat roster next season and I'm fine with it.
the guy is an exciting player--- and when u are the team to drag a player off the scrap heap and get value out of him- it becomes a little bit more of an emotional decision- but in the long term letting Whiteside go is without a doubt the right move.

This guy just cant be a leader and have any responsibiltiy. IF he was the guy out front answering questions at some point- it would be an unmitigated disaster. SOOO many things need to go right for it to be worth it to pay this guy. WAAY to much risk.

the scenario i see is the media wherever he signs- rightfully so- counting on him as a franchise cornerstone- i mean- he is getting the max--- if that team isnt a winner and Whiteside takes plays off here or there- it could get UGLY real real quick.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Riley, but he has seriously made some huge errors the last few years. Lebron walking away was a HUGE debacle by Riley. Riley kept his eyes shut and refused to see what everyone else saw. Lebron was leaving. Instead Riley kept ignoring that fact and let everyother FA sign elsewhere. i posted almost 2 weeks prior to Lebro leaving that he was 100% gone. My wifes friend is part of Lebrons inner circle in Miami and she was posting it everyone that lebron was 100% decided. Lebrons wife tweeted that they were going home wayyyy before and again Riley chose to ignore it. The writing was on the wall, he just chose not to see it.

In this case, you can keep Whiteside, it will just cost a max contract. Whiteside has clearly stated he wants to be signed on the first day. Riley is going to wait until after he meets with KD. Thats stupid. Everyone knows KD is not coming to Miami. It just isnt happening. So we are going to risk the future for a meeting with KD that will clearly not go in Miamis favor. If Riley isnt smart, he will drop the ball on Wade too. I dont think we should offer Wade anything more then a 2 year maybe 3 year contract, Make it back heavy. But if he lets Wade walk, that stadium will be empty for YEARS to come.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they prepare to make their pitch to Kevin Durant, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been making calls around the league looking to clear a massive amount of salary-cap space in a move rival executives believe is an effort to go after free agent Al Horford in addition to Durant, multiple sources told ESPN.com. Horford played for Thunder coach Billy Donovan at the University of Florida, where they teamed up to win two national titles, and they remain close. The Thunder have an opening at power forward after trading Serge Ibaka to the Orlando Magic last week.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy is an exciting player--- and when u are the team to drag a player off the scrap heap and get value out of him- it becomes a little bit more of an emotional decision- but in the long term letting Whiteside go is without a doubt the right move.

This guy just cant be a leader and have any responsibiltiy. IF he was the guy out front answering questions at some point- it would be an unmitigated disaster. SOOO many things need to go right for it to be worth it to pay this guy. WAAY to much risk.

the scenario i see is the media wherever he signs- rightfully so- counting on him as a franchise cornerstone- i mean- he is getting the max--- if that team isnt a winner and Whiteside takes plays off here or there- it could get UGLY real real quick.

Riley has been planning for Durant for 2 years.
Can he get him? Who knows.

One thing for sure is that Whiteside isn't going to be the reason he potentially misses the opportunity, ESPECIALLY if this Horford stuff is accurate.

That all being said, its INSANE to say he should have been traded last Feb.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... makes sense with reports now coming out that OKC is trying to land Horford.

YEP.

At least we all now know what Rileys plan is.

Horford has Miami ties and apparently wants to play here.

Never count out the Godfather.

Might take another year of losing in OKC like James did in Cleveland, but I'm liking our chances.

Good luck in Dallas or L.A., Whiteside,
It was fun watching you here.:wave:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how much Horford is asking or can get? The Thunder would have about 7 mil or so to play with if they sign KD. I think $18 mil for Horford so they would have to get rid of about 11 mil, I think that is right

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like OKC is trying their best to make all the moves for KD. It's now or never.

What Horford decides could very well be the difference maker, and Miami radio says he wants to come here.

Seems like Riley will be pitching Horford at their meeting vs Whiteside.

Gonna be a fun next few days!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest update on the situation from someone who was on the radio and supposedly is in the know.

Whiteside has been told he won't be offered anything from the Heat until after the meet with Durant.
Whiteside isn't happy with that and will likely take the Mavs offer.
That's is what Riley WANTS, because they believe Horford wants to come here, possibly even just on the same 1 and 1 deal James is going to sign, leaving his option open for choice of team and supermax next sumner.

I guess Durant has publicly stated he'd like to play with Horford.

If it works out where they get both this or next year it's a home run.

Worst case would be the get Horford, for at least this season, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Is it true?
Who knows.
But it makes sense.
Miami cant afford 2 max players. So I dont see them getting both with out trading some pieces. I might be wrong but Im the NBA breakdown of teams Miami could only afford 1 Max and 1 mid max.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley has been planning for Durant for 2 years.
Can he get him? Who knows.

One thing for sure is that Whiteside isn't going to be the reason he potentially misses the opportunity, ESPECIALLY if this Horford stuff is accurate.

That all being said, its INSANE to say he should have been traded last Feb.
if he walks for nothing it is absolutely 100% rationale to say that they should have gotten something for him when they had the chance- especially a team that has such a paucity of draft picks for the next few years.

next year who do you think you will be bragging about the Heat getting a meeting with that doesnt sign with the HEat? Last year it was Alrdidge, this year Durant......Chris Paul next year?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Horford decides could very well be the difference maker, and Miami radio says he wants to come here.

Seems like Riley will be pitching Horford at their meeting vs Whiteside.

Gonna be a fun next few days!!
I still say 90% chance he stays put, but it might help you when he opts out next summer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how much Horford is asking or can get? The Thunder would have about 7 mil or so to play with if they sign KD. I think $18 mil for Horford so they would have to get rid of about 11 mil, I think that is right
Horford is gonna get AT LEAST 24 million a year bro. prob more...watch

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford is gonna get AT LEAST 24 million a year bro. prob more...watch

Geez, that's crazy. He is a solid player but maybe almost as much as Lebron. Last year this would have been the 2nd highest contract, of course things are changing in big ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.