• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are right......its gonna take years for his body to fill out.

But, he will be okay.

You remember how skinny Garnett, Kd were?

Hell, look at Porzingis last Season.

Everyone said he would get owned and was light years away.

Dude got his man last year.

The fact that Ingram is a finesse player, that shots a lot of jumpers well, will work in his favor.

He's not looking to bang in the post.
Yep, I agree about his finesse game. It will be nice to finally see the Lakers compete at a high level again. :D

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Lawson is confident he'll bounce back next season.......he just needs a team to show that same confidence in him as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hugely depends on next summer and who you can bring in.

you should have how much cap space next summer?? do you know??

Mozgov, Deng, Black, Clarkson will be paid about 52 million next year....i obviously dont love that- but you gotta do what you gotta do....

the key for the Lakers will be to get their roster set and get a free agent or two in BEFORE all the young guys get their contracts redone and make it very difficult to manage cap wise....once Russell, Randle, etc. get their raises its gonna be hard to manage around---- that is those guys are still there and deemed worthy of large contracts.

its interesting....i think the Lakers are improving shape- but it concerns me that Deng, Mozgov, Black, Clarkson will be taking up $52M in cap room next offseason where i think the Lakers rebuild could have started attracting a higher tier level free agent.

Yeah, I'm not sure what their cap looks like for next year. I'm pretty sure that with the expected increase, they should have room for at least 1 max player and maybe a 2nd tier as well. Agree about getting the roster set before the young guys are ready to re-sign.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Zublacka.....give him a couple of Seasons and he will unseat Mozgoz.

Ditto for Ingram and Deng.

I believe that's why Mozgov and Deng are there. To help the young guys develop so they can take over in a season or 2.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem isnt paying those guys- the problem is bringing in a major free agent or two that can help you win that is better than deng or mozgov or clarkson- while having those 3 on the books and the need to pay the young guys.

They can add a top FA or 2 and keep all of the young guys as long as they get the FA's before the young guys rookie deals are up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can add a top FA or 2 and keep all of the young guys as long as they get the FA's before the young guys rookie deals are up.

"No you can't. ONLY Gilbert will pay luxury tax"--- Guess Who

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No you can't. ONLY Gilbert will pay luxury tax"--- Guess Who
never said "only" gilbert will.....just said he will spend more than just about anyone else and that he will never make a decision based on his wallet - which is absolutely true.

Lakers have spent more than the Cavs in the history of the luxury tax--- and the Cavs have spent over double what Miami has spent in the luxury tax.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming years- though- the CBA could blow up everything we know- and ill have to relearn everything and re-educate all you guys ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do like the james johnson signing for miami....think he is a nice role player- and maybe a lil more......

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans - would u even want Demarcus Cousins? can u win a championship with him?

think its an interesting debate- not saying its happening or even remotely likely...just saying i dont even know if its a good idea.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never said "only" gilbert will.....just said he will spend more than just about anyone else and that he will never make a decision based on his wallet - which is absolutely true.

Lakers have spent more than the Cavs in the history of the luxury tax--- and the Cavs have spent over double what Miami has spent in the luxury tax.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming years- though- the CBA could blow up everything we know- and ill have to relearn everything and re-educate all you guys ;)

Because your "knowledge and insight" are held in SUCH high regard here...:rolleyes2:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you have a legit chance to win, of course you take extra risks/salaries if you feel they can be a difference maker.

Your constant Heat bashing, though, is nothing but sour grapes cause James left.

The way Arison/Riley handled things when he was here offered him his best chance to win every single year.
Losing season 1 was mostly on James, they won seasons 2-3, and Spurs were unbeatable season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.