• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record.... I have know idea if Kevin Nesgoda is someone we should trust.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record.... I have know idea if Kevin Nesgoda is someone we should trust.

Someone (Alex Kennedy, I think) tweeted last week that there are big trades coming this week. I don't know who Nesgoda is, but Alex Kennedy seems to have a solid reputation.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they already have Jackson on the team?

Jackson said he was given a camp invitation by the Warriors, but all the beat writers for the Warriors have said the Warriors organization is denying inviting Jackson to camp. It's strange because there would be no reason for the Warriors to deny it if it were true. So I'm thinking somewhere Jackson got his communication lines mixed up. Could still happen, although I find it unlikely.

Jackson though, has been said to be sought after as a player development coach. Maybe he's been invited to camp as an instructor or something?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson said he was given a camp invitation by the Warriors, but all the beat writers for the Warriors have said the Warriors organization is denying inviting Jackson to camp. It's strange because there would be no reason for the Warriors to deny it if it were true. So I'm thinking somewhere Jackson got his communication lines mixed up. Could still happen, although I find it unlikely.

Jackson though, has been said to be sought after as a player development coach. Maybe he's been invited to camp as an instructor or something?

Captain Jack has nothing left as a player. It would seem really pointless for the Warriors to invite him as a player.

Reactions: LAD

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Jack has nothing left as a player. It would seem really pointless for the Warriors to invite him as a player.

He was terrible two years, ago. Can't see anything that would change that to make him better now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on that Nesgoda Twitter page that it could be that the only significant asset Boston trades is the Nets' draft pick that they own.

Wow....don't know who that guy is. But, it's being reported elsewhere too.

Howard Beck: What I’m hearing here in Las Vegas from some GM’s is that not only do they think that Westbrook will get traded, that it will be sooner rather than later, probably before the season starts, and the most likely destination right now will be the Boston Celtics.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on that Nesgoda Twitter page that it could be that the only significant asset Boston trades is the Nets' draft pick that they own.

Sounds like it's a load of crap. Westbrook is worth more than a 1st round Draft pick next year and fillers. LOL.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard Beck is reporting something similar.

So, it's possible that it's in the works.

Boston makes the most sense because they could probably offer the best package. Doesn't mean the Celtics can low ball the Thunder. I'm sure at least a dozen teams called the Thunder asking about Westbrook the minute KD announced for the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that the Heat are irrelevant, and the Lakers are irrelevant, it would be fun to hate the Celtics again- but RW is my 2nd favorite player after Kyrie.....yikes...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is worth more than a 1st round Draft pick next year and fillers. LOL.

I agree... but just want to point out that that 1st round pick is the Nets pick.... so likely a top-3 pick.

If the Thunder trade away Westbrook right now for the Nets pick next year.... there's a good chance the Thunder would be picking twice in the top-5 next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! Boston is already looking scary to me. If they add Westbrook, they're even scarier.

Westbrook
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Johnson

That's scary. Wonder who they give up...probably Thomas, another player and future draft picks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston makes the most sense because they could probably offer the best package. Doesn't mean the Celtics can low ball the Thunder. I'm sure at least a dozen teams called the Thunder asking about Westbrook the minute KD announced for the Warriors.

They would have to offer a couple 1st rounders and either Bradley or Crowder and I doubt they are giving up Bradley. They seem to like Crowder too as they should with that bargain of a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.