• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Warriors and Cavs are lucky the Kings FO has sucked over the past decade or they'd be back to back NBA champs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, taking into consideration equal health. The league MVP shit the bed in the finals. And GS could've easily won game 7, that one was a coin toss. All things considered my personal opinion, which is what I'm giving here is that Cleveland got away with one. Not saying they aren't a great team, not saying Lebron isn't the best player in the league, I just think GS is better.

I dont get why people make excuses that Curry played bad, first of all he shot 40% from 3, second of all his defense is not very good in general it is overrated bc their team defense is so good and this is two straight Finals that Curry hasnt played good and in 2015 he had Delly on him. He might have won back-to-back MVP but he chokes in the Finals. A great player doesnt choke in the Finals every year plain and simple, no point in making the excuses the Cavs won. If you want to say GS was the better team that is most likely true but if you dont play like it, you arent. GS is already the best team this year, there is no reason for them to not win it all just like the last two years. It says more about the Cavs beating a superior team but if some are already giving GS the win I would hold your horses on that, anything can happen during the season, just sayin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Two weeks ago, I said I thought KD was going to GS and you asked if I wanted to make an avatar bet. I declined because the odds favored you. Guess I should have trusted my gut.

Oh well, let's get this done early this year looking to next year's Finals.

Avatar bet, 1 month. I take GS, you take Cleveland. If any other team wins, then the bet is off.
like last year people wanted to bet me months and months and months out....not gonna happen....if and when it happens ill make the bet--- but so many things can change, a guy can be hurt, etc....all it would take is a bad kyrie ankle sprain in the eastern conference finals to turn it all on its head....

just like this year- i can pretty much guarantee ill make the bet if all is good...but im not making a bet 2-3 months out, let alone 10 months out on a Playoff series, let alone the Finals.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA offseason thread going to be need by the end of this month. Maybe, sooner....

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is involved when winning a title. Warriors had some luck last year with injured players on the Cavs and even before them, while the Cavs had some luck with Curry having cold shooting games in the finals(although it felt to me like his shooting would cool down some eventually with how good he was in the regular season). Luckily for people who want to know who's better, these teams will probably meet next year and for the foreseeable future in the finals barring them choking before the finals and/or big changes in the off seasons. I don't care to see it, but that's just me.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry missed a lot of open shots in that series man. Shots that he had been knocking down all year. And no, GS isn't lucky to have a ring. Cle is lucky to have a ring.

So you think it is lucky, but cavs miss irving and love was the equivialnt of gs hitting the lottery....GS is 10x more lucky to have a ring right now...If Irving and love played that first finals there is a very good argument they have no rings...It's much easier argument than yours

CLE proved they were the better team period.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think it is lucky, but cavs miss irving and love was the equivialnt of gs hitting the lottery....GS is 10x more lucky to have a ring right now...If Irving and love played that first finals there is a very good argument they have no rings...It's much easier argument than yours

Lol. You can put a period wherever you want to partner. Doesn't change my opinion one bit. Period.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You can put a period wherever you want to partner. Doesn't change my opinion one bit. Period.

While if the situation was flipped and GS was missing thompson and green and we won in 6, and then the next year we lost when green and thompson played on own homecourt for that matter, i would say damn we were lucky green and thompson were out that year or we likely wouldn't have won a ring....pretty easy stuff

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While if the situation was flipped and GS was missing thompson and green and we won in 6, and then the next year we lost when green and thompson played on own homecourt for that matter, i would say damn we were lucky green and thompson were out that year or we likely wouldn't have won a ring....pretty easy stuff

Neither team was lucky.
It's not an either or.
Titles are earned, based on the entirety of the season in whole.
Injures are part of every teams equation.
That's why they say next man up.

Warriors just added another ok shooter named Ray Allen.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team was lucky.
It's not an either or.

I was concerned that gs was going to add a few bigs, they really already had enough offense, it's really there defense that was the problem imo...See cavs have around the same offensive firepower but we have a better defense and bigs...and remember the ole saying defense is what wins championsips

I actually think it's possible the spurs overwhelm them with size and defense but we will have to wait and see how that plays out

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was concerned that gs was going to add a few bigs, they really already had enough offense, it's really there defense that was the problem imo...See cavs have around the same offensive firepower but we have a better defense and bigs...and remember the ole saying defense is what wins championsips

I actually think it's possible the spurs overwhelm them with size and defense but we will have to wait and see how that plays out

I won't argue with you.
Spurs prob are the 2nd best team in the league now.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is involved when winning a title. Warriors had some luck last year with injured players on the Cavs and even before them, while the Cavs had some luck with Curry having cold shooting games in the finals(although it felt to me like his shooting would cool down some eventually with how good he was in the regular season). Luckily for people who want to know who's better, these teams will probably meet next year and for the foreseeable future in the finals barring them choking before the finals and/or big changes in the off seasons. I don't care to see it, but that's just me.

I don't want to see GS vs Cle again (despite it's great for ratings).....it could be SA vs some other team from the EC.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team was lucky.
It's not an either or.

He signed? Meh, he's 41 and has been out of the league for a few seasons.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Proved they were the better team? If Green wasn't suspended........the series may have been over. The Cavs were lucky in the fact he was suspended.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I thought the Pacers had already acquired Gay from the Kings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proved they were the better team? If Green wasn't suspended........the series may have been over. The Cavs were lucky in the fact he was suspended.

^^ THIS ^^

If Green wasn't suspended that series would have been over in 5 games

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. That happens and the Pacers become the team most likely to challenge Cleveland in the EC.

I kinda hope it happens. Would make for a very exciting ECF.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really paid attention to what Miami have done in free agency, but apart from re sign Whiteside did they improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.