• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this discussion again.

Golden State was much better this season?
I hope you mean regular season.

This years playoff Warriors were probably playing their cumulative worst stretch of ball then at any other time during the season.

Despite that, despite Cavs being totally fresh and healthy ( which they earned), despite James leading everyone in every category and Kyrie being the 2nd best player in the series, they won in the final minute of game 7.

Warriors were already favored over the Cavs for next season BEFORE they added Durant.

#goodluck

Hey sometimes when you start messing around with a great team it can come back to bite you. They lost Harrison Barnes, Ezelia, Bogut, Speights and barbosa...these were key players in their historic run...Every heard the saying sometimes you have to many Cheifs and not enough indians?

Cavs will likely be just as fresh next year...Lebron will lead each team again, and Irving may be even better...Plus love can't play any worse...so who knows...and how many good players will be avaliable before the trade deadline for the cavs when teams are stinking it up?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Ingram will be better than Simmons now and in the future. I will stand by my prediction. Ingram is a replica of Durant when he came out of college.

Remember KD averaged 20 ppg 4 rpg and shot 29% from 3 his first year.

Wow.

That's fucking high praise coming from you, Shane.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take both finals series into consideration i think it may have. Lebron went 6 games with teammates such as delly, shumpert, mozgov and smith as the STARTERS!. I mean GS couldn't have played any better winning 73 games and shooting a unheard of 3 pt %. Just statistically could they shoot better? Maybe, but odds are they won't statistically.

Tell me how many games GS would have won without Green and Thompson?....They were a great team and when green was out just 1 game they got massacred at HOME. That tells me they would have been swept.

So well it didn't prove it, it's not hard to draw conclusions
I could argue that GS took a healthy Cleveland team to the last seconds in game 7 while their 2 best offensive weapons during the ridiculous regular season played like absolute shit in the finals.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see the other guys. It's all about what the likes of Zubac, Russell, Nance Jr, Ingram and Brown can do. The roster is pretty much set so it's more about team chemistry than "tryouts" like it usually is.

Nance has been working on his 3-ball apparently.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could argue that GS took a healthy Cleveland team to the last seconds in game 7 while their 2 best offensive weapons during the ridiculous regular season played like absolute shit in the finals.

They were as healthy as us. Kevin Love missed game 4 with a concussion. Mozgov couldn't even play after his knee injury. Curry played about the same as last years finals and Thompson was actually better

Add in they had HC, they had game 7 in their building...they had all the advantages and still lost

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were as healthy as us. Kevin Love missed game 4 with a concussion. Mozgov couldn't even play after his knee injury. Curry played about the same as last years finals and Thompson was actually better

Add in they had HC, they had game 7 in their building...they had all the advantages and still lost
Except for the fact they they were minus their starting C for games 6 and 7 and had Green miss a game that likely would have sent the Cavs packing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sometimes when you start messing around with a great team it can come back to bite you. They lost Harrison Barnes, Ezelia, Bogut, Speights and barbosa...these were key players in their historic run...Every heard the saying sometimes you have to many Cheifs and not enough indians?

Cavs will likely be just as fresh next year...Lebron will lead each team again, and Irving may be even better...Plus love can't play any worse...so who knows...and how many good players will be avaliable before the trade deadline for the cavs when teams are stinking it up?

Usually adding a top 3 player in the world helps you more then the average pieces you lost to acquire hurt you.

Chemistry is important, but that's what the regular season is used for.

End of the day, talent usually prevails.

Nobody has more talent then the Warriors, and it's not even that close on paper.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played today.

He did really well.

So did Ingram.

It's funny...every time I look at him, he looks high as Fuck...lol

If you just got drafted by a 17 win team, you'd probably want to get high too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact they they were minus their starting C for games 6 and 7 and had Green miss a game that likely would have sent the Cavs packing.

And Curry for whatever reason played far below what we've seen he can do.

In general, these year in advance discussions are fun, but reality is, they are pointless.

Injuries can happen any minute of any game.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Curry for whatever reason played far below what we've seen he can do.

In general, these year in advance discussions are fun, but reality is, they are pointless.

Injuries can happen any minute of any game.
Yea but if we worried about that stuff, sports message boards would almost be pointless as well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just got drafted by a 17 win team, you'd probably want to get high too.

I'm sure that's what Beasley/Chalmers were thinking when they got busted at the rookie transition program.

#priceless

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played in game 5 6 and 7 and had his best game ever in game 7 and still lost

The game okc wanted him suspended for but wasn't he lost that game as well

Are starting center never made it back from his knee surury, like i said they were as healthy as us

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but if we worried about that stuff, sports message boards would almost be pointless as well.

And that's why I said they were fun.

I meant nobody is going to win or lose the argument for a year.

Obviously the smack talk is entertaining or we'd be watching TV instead.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played in game 5 6 and 7 and had his best game ever in game 7 and still lost

The game okc wanted him suspended for but wasn't he lost that game as well

Are starting center never made it back from his knee surury, like i said they were as healthy as us
Well then, taking into consideration equal health. The league MVP shit the bed in the finals. And GS could've easily won game 7, that one was a coin toss. All things considered my personal opinion, which is what I'm giving here is that Cleveland got away with one. Not saying they aren't a great team, not saying Lebron isn't the best player in the league, I just think GS is better.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, taking into consideration equal health. The league MVP shit the bed in the finals. And GS could've easily won game 7, that one was a coin toss. All things considered my personal opinion, which is what I'm giving here is that Cleveland got away with one. Not saying they aren't a great team, not saying Lebron isn't the best player in the league, I just think GS is better.

Or maybe GS is lucky to have a ring? Irving and love out saved them, that series still went 6

Cavs just have the blueprint on how to guard curry. 3 point shooters have a hard time making their shots when someone actually guards them and doesn't play that west stand 5 feet back from the guy defense

If Cavs had HC and gs was down they would have folded...Which was what i was looking forward to next year but now the dynamic is different because it's a different team

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe GS is lucky to have a ring? Irving and love out saved them, that series still went 6

Cavs just have the blueprint on how to guard curry. 3 point shooters have a hard time making their shots when someone actually guards them and doesn't play that west stand 5 feet back from the guy defense

If Cavs had HC and gs was down they would have folded...Which was what i was looking forward to next year but now the dynamic is different because it's a different team

Missing tons of shots that one usually makes isn't a blueprint on how to defend.
What the Cavs did, wasn't unique.
It was their focus, and it became even easier to focus on because Bogut was out, Iggy couldn't walk, and the other Warriors all looked like they were shooting blindfolded.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry missed a lot of open shots in that series man. Shots that he had been knocking down all year. And no, GS isn't lucky to have a ring. Cle is lucky to have a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.