• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really paid attention to what Miami have done in free agency, but apart from re sign Whiteside did they improve?

No, they are in a rebuilding process basically and trying to make sure they have room for 2 max players next summer.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are in a rebuilding process basically and trying to make sure they have room for 2 max players next summer.

Which means nothing will stand in the Hawks' way of winning the division. :yes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was concerned that gs was going to add a few bigs, they really already had enough offense, it's really there defense that was the problem imo...See cavs have around the same offensive firepower but we have a better defense and bigs...and remember the ole saying defense is what wins championsips

I actually think it's possible the spurs overwhelm them with size and defense but we will have to wait and see how that plays out

Just so you know, I happen to coach basketball and have a lot of basketball people in my circle of friends. I have had this conversation with about 15-20 of my peers, none with reason to be biased for or against the Warriors.

I have yet to find a single one who thinks the Warriors are beatable if they are healthy. Not even 1.

Some fans are underestimating the impact KD will have on their offense. They are 100% unguardable now. How do you handle a Curry/Durant ball screen? Hell, how do you handle a Pachulia/Curry ball screen? There is nobody to help off of and they actually have a player capable of going ISO and getting whatever shot he wants at the end of the clock. They did not have that last year.

There is a reason that analysts like Barkley and Miller were so hard on KD when he signed with GS. They know exactly what this means. It will take injury or miracle to beat this team in a series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means nothing will stand in the Hawks' way of winning the division. :yes:

Probably. The Wizards didn't really add anyone. The Magic added pieces just to add where they're probably your toughest competition next to the Wizards. Miami is in rebuild mode. And Charlotte lost Al Jefferson and Jeremy Linn, while retaining Batum.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck!

It's a pain in the ass. But next years draft is meant to be a good one!

Yeah, this happened at a perfect time. Looking at our roster, we should be in line for a top 5 pick...hopefully.

Also, Heat fans are hoping that Bosh doesn't play this upcoming season/retires.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. The Wizards didn't really add anyone. The Magic added pieces just to add where they're probably your toughest competition next to the Wizards. Miami is in rebuild mode. And Charlotte lost Al Jefferson and Jeremy Linn, while retaining Batum.
The Wiz added some depth, which will probably have more of an impact than it would appear on paper. I'm actually pretty cautiously optimistic about next year. At least the prospect of competing for the playoffs and having a winning record.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were as healthy as us. Kevin Love missed game 4 with a concussion. Mozgov couldn't even play after his knee injury. Curry played about the same as last years finals and Thompson was actually better

Add in they had HC, they had game 7 in their building...they had all the advantages and still lost

Bogut was out...

Nice try...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the BETTER team lost.It happens...

It's sports, and the reason why the games are played...

The BETTER team always wins in a 7 game series

This isn't football or college basketball where a 1 game series decides who is better

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this happened at a perfect time. Looking at our roster, we should be in line for a top 5 pick...hopefully.

Also, Heat fans are hoping that Bosh doesn't play this upcoming season/retires.

Bosh provided a helluva lot for the Heat and all, but man, stay ALIVE...

The risk you might be taking ain't worth it...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that reasoning Tristan Thompson was the best big in the league last year.

You know, BEFORE the cap went up...

Thompson was the best offensive rebounding player in the league...people tend to underate defense and overrate offense tho

Thompson didn't sign a max so there were higher paid centers

Status
Not open for further replies.