• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy sounds like the biggest ass clown.....

Kevin Durant’s reputation as a humble, loyal guy has taken a bit of a beating since he announced Monday his intention to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder and sign with the juggernaut Golden State Warriors. These comments probably won’t do him any favors in that respect.

In an interview this week with Nick DePaula of the sneaker-focused site Nice Kicks, Durant was asked about the rising price of his signature “KD” shoe line. While his debut KD1s retailed for $88, his recently released KD9s carry a price tag of $150, and the KD8s were even more expensive at $180 a pair.

Durant’s answer was simple.

“As humbly as I can say it, I’m not a $88 player,” he said. “I’m an elite player in the league. I wanted everything to be affordable, but I knew we had to sacrifice some stuff. I just wanted the fans of the brand and of the shoe to just stay patient with me. And stay patient with who I am as a player, and the level I was trying to go to.”

Durant has a point: He clearly is one of the best players in the NBA and has been for quite some time. But for a guy who reportedly is very concerned about how the public perceives him, it isn’t the greatest look

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...not in the slightest...

the guy is asking questions...he doesnt run his mouth and act like he knows what he is talking about when he doesnt know the first thing about the cba like so many other people....ill be first one to say that i dont blame people for not having an interest- some of it is boring monotonous stuff- for whatever reason i like the numbers and rules and strategy...im attracted to the nba in that way because unlike in baseball where there is no cap, and in football where there are unguaranteed contracts and you can just cut guys-- the nba is a like a big puzzle how you put your team together and how you use the different rules, exceptions etc.... a lot of strategy....

i dont care at all if you dont know what your talking about....i do get pissed when assholes that dont know what they are talking about run their mouth- i call them out- and they insist they are right even though they have no clue what they hell they are talking about.

He totally just did that by saying they should amnesty Bosh...lol

Or Waive Mcroberts to get Wade those extra millions.

You would have gone THERMONUCLEAR if anyone else had said some shit like that :pound:.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you easily could ahve stretched McRoberts....

I cant believe no one would take a guy on a 1 year deal making 6M...all though who knows.....

all i know is that- i cant blame heat fans that hate the cavs, i hate the heat- and im glad they suck now. everyone has to go through a rebuild at some point just ask fans of any team in the league besides the fuckers in san antonio. time to grin and bear it- and watch the Cavs victory tour in the process.

Stretching him gets them 1million dollars.

Gtfoh

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He totally just did that by sayings they should amnesty Bish...lol

You would have gone THERMONUCLEAR if anyone else had said some shit like that :pound:.
if i told him- ya know--- i know you dont know much about that- but you only get 1 amnesty per CBA....and he said-- ohh- i didnt know!

TOTALLY cool

whne the person tries to stick to their bullshit idea and argue for it when it is patently 100% incorrect it makes me want to piss in their cheerios.

for freaking MONTHS i said- the Heat should rebuild-- they cant even bring back this team because of the jump in Whtiesides salary and the fact that i doubt Wade takes much of a discount with how the cap is rising......

OH BUT PAT RILEY IS A GENIUS- HE WILL FIGURE IT OUT- ITS ALL GOOD- BAHH--- I SAY BAAAH TO YOUR MATH....

well, exactly what i said would happen months ago happens.

MONTHS ago--- Tristans deal is gonna look not only reasonable- but pretty damn good in a few months--- ---- how many people ARE YOU CRAZY BLAH BLAH BLAH

now evan turner, evan fournier, kent bazemore, etc. etc. are making more...MOZGOV is making practically identical money.

tell me im wrong.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stretching him gets them 2 million dollars.

Gtfoh
okay....getting closer

they just didnt want to keep him that bad...dont tell me they couldnt have made cap space if they didnt want to - if durant said he was coming they would have moved mountains---

the 2 best players in franchise history have both left the team on negative terms over the last 3 years....thats a pretty shitty look.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay....getting closer

they just didnt want to keep him that bad...dont tell me they couldnt have made cap space if they didnt want to - if durant said he was coming they would have moved mountains---

the 2 best players in franchise history have both left the team on negative terms over the last 3 years....thats a pretty shitty look.

Oh, I agree it's shitty.

My only point was how were they supposed to get the money?

They had 3 choices...

1. Offer less than the max, watch Whiteside go to Dallas.

2. Offer Wade what was left after Whiteside.

3. Give away a asset to bribe somebody into taking McRoberts.

That's it.

People talking out the side of their ass saying " they can easily come up with the money " have yet to put forth a scenario that proves it.

Ps. With the stretch, you can spread it over 5 years....that's even worse.

Waiving McRoberts gives them 1 million.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i told him- ya know--- i know you dont know much about that- but you only get 1 amnesty per CBA....and he said-- ohh- i didnt know!

TOTALLY cool

whne the person tries to stick to their bullshit idea and argue for it when it is patently 100% incorrect it makes me want to piss in their cheerios.

Yeah, agree..

I'm just Fucking with him anyway.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is in the discussion for best player, but he really shouldn't be. That mantle belongs to LeBron, hands down. Durant is the closest competitor.

I also believe that Westbrook is the superior talent/1 on 1 player, but if you had to pick between Curry and Westbrook to play alongside, the answer is easy, IMO. Curry is somewhat overrated as an individual player because of the team's success, but the team is successful in large part because of Curry's unselfish team first demeanor.
Now everything changes because of Curry's playoff run.
You might be forgetting the whole regular season, Curry was an out-of-this-world offensive juggernaut. I'm not a Curry fan but don't just forget how great he was the whole season just because of his performance in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree it's shitty.

My only point was how were they supposed to get the money?

They had 3 choices...

1. Offer less than the max, watch Whiteside go to Dallas.

2. Offer Wade what was left after Whiteside.

3. Give away a asset to bribe somebody into taking McRoberts.

That's it.

People talking out the side of their ass saying " they can easily come up with the money " have yet to put forth a scenario that proves it.

Ps. With the stretch, you can spread it over 5 years....that's even worse.

Waiving McRoberts gives them 1 million.
heres option 3- tell Wade on day one what the absolute max is you will go on a contract and dont piss him off chasing a pipe dream of Kevin Durant when their is no fucking chance your gonna get him with Chris Bosh's issues casting a shadow over the franchise- and the fact that your competing against OKC and GSW- who are both much better options. From what has been leaked it seems that Boston was ahead too and he came away "blown away" with the Clippers- if the Heat were 5th on his list they were lucky.

maybe at least - if not showing wade priority- at least some secondary attention........but like last year they can brag they got a meeting with alrdidge, and like this year they can brag they got a meeting with durant...next year itll be CP3 probably.....

unless your intention the whole time was to piss him off and force him out.....if thats the case the "no more smiling faces with hidden agendas" thing is the biggest fucking joke i have ever heard.

theres a better chance i win the mega millions tonight then durant was coming to miami. worth it to estrange the most endeared athlete in south florida history?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2016-7-7_21-21-58.png

he looks happy doesnt he?

i bet you couldnt jam a pencil up his ass with a snow plow right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He totally just did that by saying they should amnesty Bosh...lol

apparently your reading isnt doing so well today.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres option 3- tell Wade on day one what the absolute max is you will go on a contract and dont piss him off chasing a pipe dream of Kevin Durant when their is no fucking chance your gonna get him with Chris Bosh's issues casting a shadow over the franchise- and the fact that your competing against OKC and GSW- who are both much better options. From what has been leaked it seems that Boston was ahead too and he came away "blown away" with the Clippers- if the Heat were 5th on his list they were lucky.

maybe at least - if not showing wade priority- at least some secondary attention........but like last year they can brag they got a meeting with alrdidge, and like this year they can brag they got a meeting with durant...next year itll be CP3 probably.....

unless your intention the whole time was to piss him off and force him out.....if thats the case the "no more smiling faces with hidden agendas" thing is the biggest fucking joke i have ever heard.

I really can't wait to hear the story from the two of them.

I said it earlier, If what Le Batard said was true....WOW, I understand why Wade was salty.

You tell me you are gonna give me 10 mil this Season if you get Durant and a promise for a make good 1st year next Summer of over 30 mil.

Then when you don't get Durant, you say 21 is the max you can come up with.

Yeah, feelings would be hurt.

Agree...it should have been articulated from the beginning, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

But, if the line was drawn in the sand that the money that it would take to retain Wade, would prevent them from retaining Whiteside, I would let Wade walk.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently your reading isnt doing so well today.

How so, because I'm not on board with the bullshit?

I have witnessed you pull the " you obviously know nothing about the cba" comment out your ass on many occasions.

You did it to TF12 not long ago..lol

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 135108

he looks happy doesnt he?

i bet you couldnt jam a pencil up his ass with a snow plow right now.

"It's been hectic. A lot of attention comes with being in this position," Durant said of the free-agency process. "When I met these guys, I felt as comfortable as I've ever felt. It was organic. It was authentic. It was real. It was feelings I couldn't ignore.

"... I feel great. I feel excited about this opportunity."

Yea... he looks like excited on that photo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't wait to hear the story from the two of them.

I said it earlier, If what Le Batard said was true....WOW, I understand why Wade was salty.

You tell me you are gonna give me 10 mil this Season if you get Durant and a promise for a make good 1st year next Summer of over 30 mil.

Then when you don't get Durant, you say 21 is the max you can come up with.

Yeah, feelings would be hurt.

Agree...it should have been articulated from the beginning, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

But, if the line was drawn in the sand that the money that it would take to retain Wade, would prevent them from retaining Whiteside, I would let Wade walk.
i dont even know if the details are that important....we all know that wade has sacrificed a lot salary wise....we all know he was pissed last year and finally came to a 1 year deal....we all know that something went wrong with the negotiatons that caused Wade to be really pissed off at Riley.....we know Arison tried ot patch it up this weekend and that Riley hasnt talked to Wade since free agency began.....and we know that Wade left mostly because he felt taken advantage of.

its crazy.....a lot of the league insiders are saying this shocks them way more than Durant.....and id have to agree. if you would have asked me 2 weeks ago i would ahve been legitimately surprised if Wade would have left....something drastic and big most have went down to change that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so, because I'm not on board with the bullshit?

I have witnessed you pull the " you obviously know nothing about the cba" comment out your ass on many occasions.

You did it to TF12 not long ago..lol
yah because then the asshole starts arguing with me....SO MANY examples

its amazing how right i was on the TT contract and how many people are FINALLY seeing the light....i knew it would happen...it took some time...but i knew it would happen

its amazing how right i was on the heats inability to even keep their team together and how they were going to take a big step back this summer.....oh no....i was told im totally wrong and riley is a wizard ( not the washington type- the type with a pointy hat with stars on it that magics cap room and all stars out of his ass)...hmmm right on that one too....

plenty of examples PLENTY.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know if the details are that important....we all know that wade has sacrificed a lot salary wise....we all know he was pissed last year and finally came to a 1 year deal....we all know that something went wrong with the negotiatons that caused Wade to be really pissed off at Riley.....we know Arison tried ot patch it up this weekend and that Riley hasnt talked to Wade since free agency began.....and we know that Wade left mostly because he felt taken advantage of.

its crazy.....a lot of the league insiders are saying this shocks them way more than Durant.....and id have to agree. if you would have asked me 2 weeks ago i would ahve been legitimately surprised if Wade would have left....something drastic and big most have went down to change that.

Of course...

Who do you think is the bigger Miami icon, Marino or Wade?

I'm really not sure.

But, he was supposed to be their Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant, Dirk, Timmy.

This has to be devastating.

They are in full blown rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.