• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy sounds like the biggest ass clown.....

Kevin Durant’s reputation as a humble, loyal guy has taken a bit of a beating since he announced Monday his intention to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder and sign with the juggernaut Golden State Warriors. These comments probably won’t do him any favors in that respect.

In an interview this week with Nick DePaula of the sneaker-focused site Nice Kicks, Durant was asked about the rising price of his signature “KD” shoe line. While his debut KD1s retailed for $88, his recently released KD9s carry a price tag of $150, and the KD8s were even more expensive at $180 a pair.

Durant’s answer was simple.

“As humbly as I can say it, I’m not a $88 player,” he said. “I’m an elite player in the league. I wanted everything to be affordable, but I knew we had to sacrifice some stuff. I just wanted the fans of the brand and of the shoe to just stay patient with me. And stay patient with who I am as a player, and the level I was trying to go to.”

Durant has a point: He clearly is one of the best players in the NBA and has been for quite some time. But for a guy who reportedly is very concerned about how the public perceives him, it isn’t the greatest look

This guy is already becoming a snot. I thought he would be different. I have always liked the guy and he seemed true. He is becoming more and more big-headed. It is fine if you have ALWAYS been that way bc that's who you are but dont become something you arent. I hope this doesnt continue bc I think he is a great guy.

I actually have a feeling he cares about the public a lot but the problem with him is he CAN'T handle the pressure so far in his career.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo...

Who's down for some Summer League ball...?

:wave: Me. Me...

Def going to see Beasley next week , and who knew the Heats summer league team would be there regular season team?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Miami going to match the offer sheet for Tyler Johnson?

I think, if he restructures it so it's not all back loaded.
No reason he should object to that if he wants to stay.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, if he restructures it so it's not all back loaded.
No reason he should object to that if he wants to stay.

Didn't he already sign it?

If the Heat match, it works in their benefit because the first year is low and they can trade him before the poison pill kicks in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the way to NEXT July...

Guessing hoisting that O'Brien for the 1st time in his career oughta do it...:first:
is he going to borrow the Kings trophy or something? I am sure if he asks nicely LeBron and Kyrie will let him hold it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Heat match, it works in their benefit because the first year is low and they can trade him before the poison pill kicks in.
who the fuck is gonna trade for that guy making 38 million over 2 years?

i think this is one of the very worst contracts out of all of them...this fucker has played a few more minutes than i have.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be called the Omer Asik/Jeremy Lin.....:pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have never guessed tyler johnson and kyrie irving are bascially the same exact age...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he going to borrow the Kings trophy or something? I am sure if he asks nicely LeBron and Kyrie will let him hold it.

won't NEED to borrow it. he'll have one of his own...:D

oh, I forgot. he'll ALSO get to see the look on the Queen's mug...:sadbron:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the fuck is gonna trade for that guy making 38 million over 2 years?

i think this is one of the very worst contracts out of all of them...this fucker has played a few more minutes than i have.
Wait....did you know the Kings offered more?

@Bolts would have shit....lol

Under the offer sheet, the Nets would pay Johnson $5.6 million next season, $5.9 in 2017-18; $18.9 million in 2018-19 and $19.6 million in 2019-20 -- but the deal would only count as $12.5 million on the cap, $12.5 million for each of the four years.

--If the Heat match, their cap would reflect the actual amounts paid out, except for this coming season, when the cap hit would be only $1.2 million, the amount of Johnson's qualifying offer. The Miami Herald has reported that . So, it would have been better for Pat Riley if Johnson hadn't signed anything and structured a deal more cap-friendly

"We're very humble and he was pretty emotional, feeling pretty sick.," she said. "You know, just like what do you do? Because there were multiple offers on the table and even one that was more than that, but he had to choose what was best for him. So he felt like the Nets was the best choice."

According to multiple sources, the Kings' offer was slightly higher.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....did you know the Kings offered more?

@Bolts would have shit....lol

Under the offer sheet, the Nets would pay Johnson $5.6 million next season, $5.9 in 2017-18; $18.9 million in 2018-19 and $19.6 million in 2019-20 -- but the deal would only count as $12.5 million on the cap, $12.5 million for each of the four years.

--If the Heat match, their cap would reflect the actual amounts paid out, except for this coming season, when the cap hit would be only $1.2 million, the amount of Johnson's qualifying offer. The Miami Herald has reported that . So, it would have been better for Pat Riley if Johnson hadn't signed anything and structured a deal more cap-friendly

"We're very humble and he was pretty emotional, feeling pretty sick.," she said. "You know, just like what do you do? Because there were multiple offers on the table and even one that was more than that, but he had to choose what was best for him. So he felt like the Nets was the best choice."

According to multiple sources, the Kings' offer was slightly higher.
Kings need a PG, and I think he can be a solid player. But he hasn't played enough to prove he's worth that. It seems like their PG help is gonna come from a trade, with Rudy and/or KK being moved. Also, what does it say about the Kings that a player would rather sign for less to sign with the Nets? :L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is a guy in the NBA that has chased every last cent in his career it is freaking Joe Johnson.

when he didnt sign in cleveland over miami- i was like okay--- i get it...he wants to go in the sun, and he will have a bigger role. they can pay him more money, but its like an extra mill prorated over the rest of the year and this dude had the biggest contract in the league...i didnt think it was really the money.

then he goes off and signs in UTAH...Joe Johnson....in...UTAH.....yah...UTAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.