• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your telling me there is none on the team they could get rid of making 3 mill per year or trade they could make?, I would have cut or trade josh mcroberts in a heartbeat...

Also why doesn't Miami amnesty bosh? W/e happened to amnesty anyways haven't heard a peep about it since boozer was amnestied lol

Listen If Miami is willing to sign Wade for 20 mill per year 23 mill isn't going to kill them to figure out a way to get that money. You run the risk of now being terrible the next 2 years and signing nobody, because as we are seeing players want to go to winners....Oakland was never a hotbed for free agents prior to them being good

They amnestied Mike Miller.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Doesn't change what I said though.

Thanks

Maybe, maybe not...you guys went to game 7 of the ECSF...if whiteside had improved and you add somebody else with wade you could have easily been competing in the playoffs, not so much anymore

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not...you guys went to game 7 of the ECSF...if whiteside had improved and you add somebody else with wade you could have easily been competing in the playoffs, not so much anymore

Not really true. You do realize prior to Wade leaving that 2 of their starters from the playoffs already had signed elsewhere or are you just ignoring that?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really true. You do realize prior to Wade leaving that 2 of their starters from the playoffs already had signed elsewhere or are you just ignoring that?

That is why i said added someone else

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why i said added someone else

With what money? Say Wade took the 2 yr/40 mill. They basically would have needed to fill out the rest of the roster through veteran min and one 2.9 million per year contract.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your telling me there is none on the team they could get rid of making 3 mill per year or trade they could make?, I would have cut or trade josh mcroberts in a heartbeat...

Also why doesn't Miami amnesty bosh? W/e happened to amnesty anyways haven't heard a peep about it since boozer was amnestied lol

Listen If Miami is willing to sign Wade for 20 mill per year 23 mill isn't going to kill them to figure out a way to get that money. You run the risk of now being terrible the next 2 years and signing nobody, because as we are seeing players want to go to winners....Oakland was never a hotbed for free agents prior to them being good

Dude, I'm not trying to insult you.

But, do you have any clue how the salary cap works?

You can't AMNESTY anyone....lol

The soonest they can get Bosh off the books is after next,t Season, if he doesn't play again.

In your post you said it could be " easily done".

But, now you want me to tell you who they can get rid of?

Even if they waive the player, it becomes dead money and they can stretch the remainder over, I believe, 3 years.

So, 1/3 of McRoberts salary won't get it done.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do u only get 1?

Dude...lol

Only certain guys were eligible to be amnestied.

They had to sign a deal during the CBA contract BEFORE this one.

There is not a SINGLE PLAYER in the NBA currently that qualifies.

So, you are just throwing shit against the wall.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what money? Say Wade took the 2 yr/40 mill. They basically would have needed to fill out the rest of the roster through veteran min and one 2.9 million per year contract.

You're wasting your time.
My guess is he's under the age of 16.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm not trying to insult you.

But, do you have any clue how the salary cap works?

You can't AMNESTY anyone....lol

The soonest they can get Bosh off the books is after next,t Season, if he doesn't play again.

In your post you said it could be " easily done".

But, now you want me to tell you who they can get rid of?

Even if they waive the player, it becomes dead money and they can stretch the remainder over, I believe, 3 years.

So, 1/3 of McRoberts salary won't get it done.

He's like LTCF.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Houston signed Nene to a 1 year deal worth 2.9 million. That's not too bad given these crazy contracts. If he's healthy, he can be a decent pickup at that price.

Would he be the starter?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big shot Rob.......

Whenever I hear people crying about Kobe yelling at people in practice, or wondering whether or not LeBron is best friends with his teammates, I just roll my eyes. You know how many off-court conversations I had with the Zen-Master Phil Jackson in my entire time with the Lakers? One. I was sitting in the trainer’s room getting treatment and he was sitting on the table across from me.

“What happened with you and Danny Ainge in Phoenix?” he asked.

“I didn’t like him, so I blew up and threw a towel at him. I didn’t handle it the right way.”

“Okay.”

And that was it. We won three titles together. Go figure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you easily could ahve stretched McRoberts....

I cant believe no one would take a guy on a 1 year deal making 6M...all though who knows.....

all i know is that- i cant blame heat fans that hate the cavs, i hate the heat- and im glad they suck now. everyone has to go through a rebuild at some point just ask fans of any team in the league besides the fuckers in san antonio. time to grin and bear it- and watch the Cavs victory tour in the process.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss would be OUTRAGED by this lack of CBA knowledge from one of his brethren....:lol:

@lebron23james is a cool poster.

I'm just messing with him.
lol...not in the slightest...

the guy is asking questions...he doesnt run his mouth and act like he knows what he is talking about when he doesnt know the first thing about the cba like so many other people....ill be first one to say that i dont blame people for not having an interest- some of it is boring monotonous stuff- for whatever reason i like the numbers and rules and strategy...im attracted to the nba in that way because unlike in baseball where there is no cap, and in football where there are unguaranteed contracts and you can just cut guys-- the nba is a like a big puzzle how you put your team together and how you use the different rules, exceptions etc.... a lot of strategy....

i dont care at all if you dont know what your talking about....i do get pissed when assholes that dont know what they are talking about run their mouth- i call them out- and they insist they are right even though they have no clue what they hell they are talking about.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he be the starter?

IDK to be honest. I'm guessing he'll be "the ghost starter" and play about 18-20mpg. Unless, they decide to start Clint Capela (he's younger) and bring Hilario off the bench. They also have Donatas Montijunas, but he's more of a PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.