• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what makes you right and these credible sources wrong. We all know Wade go lowballed. I will believe Woj 100% before I believe "your sources" or your opinion.

Accept it and let it go lol.

And Mike Wallace who happens to cover the Heat said otherwise. But yeah, it doesn't fit your narrative and your trolling attempts.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what makes you right and these credible sources wrong. We all know Wade go lowballed. I will believe Woj 100% before I believe "your sources" or your opinion.

Accept it and let it go lol.

Do you watch Sports Center?

According to Dan Lebatard, Riley told Wade that in order to get Kevin Durant, they would need to give Wade a 1 year deal @10 million bucks and a promise to resign him next year for 37 million....lol

Can they even do that?

I thought max money was 31 million.

Regardless, Wade didn't trust him to do that, wanted a 3 year deal or wanted 25 million a year.

But, the Heat wouldn't go over 2/40.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are wrong, you make up shit. It's ok. Deal with the facts, you are wrong AGAIN :laugh3:

I will believe Woj over what you say. Deal with it or you can make shit up, it's up to you. And this has nothing to do with Gilbert, so stay on track buddy. The only one reaching is you. You are mad someone proved you wrong and brought the most reliable source to the table.

Have fun being at the bottom of the East bc the way they treated Wade you deserve it :pound:

*drops mic then picks it back up*....bitch
what it comes down to- unless someone writes a tell all book years from now- no one knows exactly what happened--- you have sources from each side saying different things--- sources that are credible on both sides....unless you are WAde or Riley or Arison you really cant say either way with any kind of confidence.

What DO we know?

We know that up until a few weeks ago, hell, a week ago- it looked like Wade was going to go back to Miami. I think it would have been hard to imagine otherwise. Something happened- Wade was offended in a very serious way, and was prob not in the best mood going into this after how things went last year. Wade and Riley clashed- Arison tried to put it back together but it was too far gone.

Now- in the span of 3 years- the Heat have gone from the toast of the NBA, to irrelevant, and the 2 players that brought them their championships have ran out the door- and left on bad terms with Pat Riley- i am not saying its all Riley's fault- i am sure its not--

but regardless- when the 2 players that were mainly responsible for your franchises 3 championships leave in a 3 year span- both bitter and embattled with Riley- something went wrong in a major way. Its a bad bad look for that franchise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but steph was better is all
Im saying during the season
id agree....steph and the warriors went for it, and got 73 wins...he was the MVP and without a doubt deserved to be- i would have voted for him over lebron. LeBron used a good deal of the regular season to institute a new offense and be fresh for the playoffs....focuses are a little different when you fire your coach in january- or you are coming off a 23-0 start to the season...lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what it comes down to- unless someone writes a tell all book years from now- no one knows exactly what happened--- you have sources from each side saying different things--- sources that are credible on both sides....unless you are WAde or Riley or Arison you really cant say either way with any kind of confidence.

What DO we know?

We know that up until a few weeks ago, hell, a week ago- it looked like Wade was going to go back to Miami. I think it would have been hard to imagine otherwise. Something happened- Wade was offended in a very serious way, and was prob not in the best mood going into this after how things went last year. Wade and Riley clashed- Arison tried to put it back together but it was too far gone.

Now- in the span of 3 years- the Heat have gone from the toast of the NBA, to irrelevant, and the 2 players that brought them their championships have ran out the door- and left on bad terms with Pat Riley- i am not saying its all Riley's fault- i am sure its not--

but regardless- when the 2 players that were mainly responsible for your franchises 3 championships leave in a 3 year span- both bitter and embattled with Riley- something went wrong in a major way. Its a bad bad look for that franchise.

There's some validity there. Lebron likely got pissed off with Riley's approach in challenging him to stand pat and not run away from a challenge following the Finals loss to the Spurs. That probably struck Lebron in the wrong way - which is a pussy move if that offended him. But that's a different argument.

I have no doubt that Lebron was in Wade's ear the entire time these contracts were being handed out. It's the general feeling in South Florida that this is partly Lebron's fault, as well as Wade's agent who got Bosh all the money while leaving Wade the scraps (Bosh and Wade share the same agent, so conflict of interest).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Delly signed didn't know they did a sign-and-trade and created a trade exception. Nice

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused about what we are talking about.

I said it was a no brained that if they had to choose between the two players to pay, they should have chosen Whiteside.

Where does the scoring portion of the Conversation come in?

you are choosing paying a scorer or a non scorer 25 million dollars a year. You are choosing a guy that was promised to be taken care of for getting Lebron to miami. Your argument is pay the young guy that cannot score that money. How are you going to win if you cannot score?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are choosing paying a scorer or a non scorer 25 million dollars a year. You are choosing a guy that was promised to be taken care of for getting Lebron to miami. Your argument is pay the young guy that cannot score that money. How are you going to win if you cannot score?

This post makes zero sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to go up to the rec and play some ball...

if i win the half billion Mega Millions lotto tomorrow....ill sponsor a SportsHoopla trip to so-cal and me and the cleveland brethren can challenge the heat/laker lotto combo in some good pickup games....as long as i get to cover and dominate DJ.....and drain a triple in heatles eye...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I miss
Cavs fans: LOL you guys lost Wade
Heat fans: No, it was a good thing
Cavs fans: No, seriously guys you screwed up.
Cavs fans: LOL, no you guys messed up.
Heat fans: No, we didn't

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans: LOL you guys lost Wade
Cavs fans: No, seriously guys you screwed up.
Cavs fans: LOL, no you guys messed up.
Heat fans: No, we didn't

Well Cavs fans are clearly wrong. I love Wade but it will be a good thing in the long run. We weren't going anywhere with him this year so trading McRoberts and Dragic/Winslow to give him a few more million just wasn't worth it in the long run considering his age. I love Wade though. Will be watching more Bulls game this year for sure especially since they don't play the same time as Miami usually

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could they have found the other 6 million?

Give away Winslow?

That's ridiculous.

Your telling me there is none on the team they could get rid of making 3 mill per year or trade they could make?, I would have cut or trade josh mcroberts in a heartbeat...

Also why doesn't Miami amnesty bosh? W/e happened to amnesty anyways haven't heard a peep about it since boozer was amnestied lol

Listen If Miami is willing to sign Wade for 20 mill per year 23 mill isn't going to kill them to figure out a way to get that money. You run the risk of now being terrible the next 2 years and signing nobody, because as we are seeing players want to go to winners....Oakland was never a hotbed for free agents prior to them being good

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cavs fans are clearly wrong. I love Wade but it will be a good thing in the long run. We weren't going anywhere with him this year so trading McRoberts and Dragic/Winslow to give him a few more million just wasn't worth it in the long run considering his age. I love Wade though. Will be watching more Bulls game this year for sure especially since they don't play the same time as Miami usually

It wasn't the money that pissed off wade anyways...It was how the process went down...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to go up to the rec and play some ball...

if i win the half billion Mega Millions lotto tomorrow....ill sponsor a SportsHoopla trip to so-cal and me and the cleveland brethren can challenge the heat/laker lotto combo in some good pickup games....as long as i get to cover and dominate DJ.....and drain a triple in heatles eye...

I already bought a ticket, u are too late bro

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Houston signed Nene to a 1 year deal worth 2.9 million. That's not too bad given these crazy contracts. If he's healthy, he can be a decent pickup at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.