• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram is certainly nice but a draft pick. You can't really be happy with results given the way the front office maneuvered for all this cap space.

That's why I was campaigning that they trade the #2 pick for a veteran.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how much you flip on both sides of the fence:

- Oh, the Heat need to move on from Wade. He's washed up.

*Once Wade goes to Chicago*

- Heat screwed up in not getting Wade his money and letting him walk.

wades knees are as healthy as they have ever been in years? and the team is not even in the top 8 in the East?. to me that just an exclamation point on it

GMAFB, that is EXACTLY WHAT DWADE is at this point- one game he can still be great- the next game he is sidelined with a bum knee- ITS EXACTLY why LeBron had no problem jumping ship- you dont know what you are getting out of Wade from game to game- That was proved last year time and time again- and its the same this year.

Its why LeBron jumped to Kyrie- who right now is doing things Wade simply cannot do- and Kyrie can do those things night in night out without having to sit out with a swollen knee.

Who knows what will happen with Wade tomorrow- he might go for 30, he might have to sit out- or he might shit the bed like in Milwaukke where the team scored 9 - YES NINE - points i the 4th quarter and lost by 1 point !

Wade out the rest of the game with a left knee injury- apparently it was his right knee that was just drained the other day- so at least he didnt hurt the knee that was already hurt.

it certainly helps that he has never had an injury that is chronic or debilitating like Dwade having the cartilage removed from his knee. There is no injury that Kyrie has ever suffered that would limit him going forward- in that way Id take him over a ton guys like Rubio who had major knee surgery, like Rose who had major knee surgery, Like RW that had major knee surgery, Like Rondo that had major knee surgery, like Wade who has had major knee surgery, Like Kobe who has had major knee surgery, like Jabarai Parker who has had major knee surgery, like Julius RAndle who missed a whole season with major foot surgery, like CP3 who has had major knee surgery, like Embiid who has had major knee surgery, like Nerleans Noel who has had major knee surgery, like Paul George who has had major knee surgery, like Stephon Curry who had major ankle surgery, like KEvin Durant who has had major foot surgery.

Unlike all those other guys- Kyrie has never had a major surgery that would potentially limit his ceiling going forward- and that is EXTREMELY important.

Nearly 34 years old and playing in his 13th NBA season, Wade is Flash no longer. Following multiple knee surgeries, he can no longer create easy separation with superior athleticism. His shooting numbers reflect the change.
D-Wade is registering career lows from the field, with a true shooting percentage (51.2) well below league average. In part, that's because his ability to draw shooting fouls has declined, as well.
Numerous athletic markers -- block rate, steal rate, free throw rate -- are all precipitously below Wade's career average.
The Heat are known for their defense, but they've actually been much better on that end when the aging 2-guard sits. In fact, Wade's -1.66 Defensive RPM rates below replacement level.
It all adds up to a surprisingly average overall RPM for Wade of -0.13. That's an acceptable impact for a rotation player, but it's far from the D-Wade we're used to.

Here are 5 examples of @WiggyRuss ragging on Wade, that I plucked in 3 minutes.
There's prob 100 more.

#assclown

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, all 3 will help. Mozgov is a vast improvement over Sacre and Hibbert. Deng is a big improvement over Spazzy P and can help Ingram's development. Calderon is a solid improvement over Huertas.

Was surprised to see Calderon made 41% of his 3-pointers. They exercised their option on Huertas before trading for Caldy so I guess they'll go 3 deep at PG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny once again watching him make a complete fool of himself.
no one looks like a bigger fool than you after the last few weeks that is for sure.

and just because i know, you know, everyone knows- that Wade has declined and that LeBron left to go play with Kyrie Irving because he is much much better----- that certainly does not mean that Dwade is not worth 20 whatever million a year when evan turner, fournier, bazemore, ryan anderson etc. etc. are getting deals that are in that neighborhood. AT LEAST 4 teams offered Wade AT LEAST 20M a year on their last offers.

your actual argument is that because I have said Dwade is getting worse- that it automatically means he is dog shit?

dude....you are really pushing this from a realm of bitterness to something else that is way more out there and kinda messed up if u ask me.....

of course...if in the span of 3 short years my franchise went from the toast of the league and champions to being completely irrelevant, i would be pissed too...would be??? I WAS! LOL.....:lol::lol::lol:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude he ended the thibs era w/ a gw

He did indeed. But that era was coming to an end regardless. D Rose era is gone. Time for some team bball :hope: and back to good defense

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said Kevin Durant could play center in the 80s/90s. :humble:
pshh..again- mischarecterizing....

what i said was arison was cheap- i mentioned how he didnt even use the mid level exception lebrons last year in Miami....

the excuse for not using it apparently is- that no one was avaliable that was worth it......i said DeMarre Carroll was avaliable and had a great year....somehow that turned into he would beat the Spurs....

he would have been a lot better off just saying- yah Arison didnt use the mid levle because he wanted to save money...whats the big deal? instead some convuluded argument that doesnt even make sense.

Ill guarantee you Dan G. will NEVER leave open something like the MLE when all it takes is cash and does not eliminate any other strategic avenues. Thats what makes him different from Arison- Arison pinches pennies- Gilbert has the biggest wallet in the league.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pshh..again- mischarecterizing....

what i said was arison was cheap- i mentioned how he didnt even use the mid level exception lebrons last year in Miami....

the excuse for not using it apparently is- that no one was avaliable that was worth it......i said DeMarre Carroll was avaliable and had a great year....somehow that turned into he would beat the Spurs....

he would have been a lot better off just saying- yah Arison didnt use the mid levle because he wanted to save money...whats the big deal? instead some convuluded argument that doesnt even make sense.

Ill guarantee you Dan G. will NEVER leave open something like the MLE when all it takes is cash and does not eliminate any other strategic avenues. Thats what makes him different from Arison- Arison pinches pennies- Gilbert has the biggest wallet in the league.

No idea who Arison is and no idea what Carroll has to do with bball eras. You are confusing 2 convos

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea who Arison is and no idea what Carroll has to do with bball eras. You are confusing 2 convos
hes the owner of the Heat that pissed LeBron off by not spending to a level LeBron thought was appropriate, hence adding to the reasons LeBron left. though- the reasons why lebron left were NUMEROUS...

the decline of wade
emergence of kyrie
gilberts wallet
arisons penny pinching
riley rubbing lebron the wrong way
riley outlawing lebrons entourage from being around
riley failing to add to the team
lebron wanting to deliver on a promise
lebron wanting to come home
lebron wanting to play with kevin love

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors and OKC were far and away the top 2 contenders moving forward in the West, unless the Spurs managed to reload on the fly to replace the aging/retiring trio.

That doesn't make them a rivalry.

Dennis Rodman Rodman going to the Bulls after the way the Bad Boys battering Jordan for years should get the side eye.

This ain't that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the owner of the Heat that pissed LeBron off by not spending to a level LeBron thought was appropriate, hence adding to the reasons LeBron left. though- the reasons why lebron left were NUMEROUS...

the decline of wade
emergence of kyrie
gilberts wallet
arisons penny pinching
riley rubbing lebron the wrong way
riley outlawing lebrons entourage from being around
riley failing to add to the team
lebron wanting to deliver on a promise
lebron wanting to come home
lebron wanting to play with kevin love

You are addressing the wrong person my man. I never discussed this with you. We talked about eras and you said centers were not worth a shit in the 80s 90s and that Durant could play center back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.