• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised but I would think he could get a lot more money in this market even if he wasn't in the league last year.

Yeah.... part of me thinks that the reason he's willing to make a comeback is because he sees all the money being handed out and is having dollar signs go off in his head.

If thats the case... teams like the Warriors and Cavs are out.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been commenting much because the big names are pretty much all settled. I'm just interested to see the rest of the guys who could fill out the Warriors roster.

I was really hoping Nene would take a vet minimum for the Warriors. I really truly hope Andy V is not back with the team next year. I'll be keeping an eye out on Jarrett Jack though. He enjoyed his time with the Warriors and mentored Draymond and Curry. Since he's still getting paid by Brooklyn, hoping he takes a vet minimum too. I think he's coming off an injury though so that could be an issue.

Slightly surprised that Phoenix signed Barbosa away. Definitely got much more than he could have with the Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you need to confirm Riley is a greedy, low-balling piece of scum lol. Wade sacrificed and Riley disrespected him in the end...nothing else to be said.

Where did Wade sacrifice? I'm confused on that one. Wade has made over $150 million in career earnings while with Heat off salary alone. Besides, it's not Pat's money that's getting spent. Riley's job is to field the most competitive roster while looking at long-term success. Offering Wade a fat bloated contract while getting rid of pieces like Winslow is a detrement to that.

Also, for the crowd that likes to point out constantly that Wade has never been the highest paid player on the Heat's roster, might want to take a look at that link I provided earlier.

2003-2007: Wade was on his rookie deal.
2007-2010: Wade signed max extension with Miami where the highest paid players at different years were Sean Marion as well as Jermaine O'Neal who were acquired via trade.
2010-2014: The Big 3 is formed as they all took a pay cut. Wade took one even further so the Heat could keep Haslem around - which was his choice.
2014: Lebron leaves, which Bosh and Wade opt out of their contracts to try to keep Lebron in Miami so he can get the max. Lebron doesn't tell them he's leaving for Cleveland where Wade gives up money for no reason. From there Henry Thomas uses the Rockets offer to get a max out of the Heat for Bosh. Meanwhile, he totally neglects Wade as that's his client as well. Where Miami uses the remainder to sign Wade while fitting other players like Deng on the roster.
2016: And Wade walks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First confirmed offer to Wade was right after Durant decided, and was 40/2

#fact

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical, Miami's initial offer to Wade didn't sit well at all with its veteran star:

The Heat's initial offer of $10 million annually - which would've constituted a 50 percent pay cut from his $20 million 2015-16 salary - deeply angered Wade, league sources told The Vertical. Even with the Heat planning to counter to a higher figure, league sources said, Wade has been insistent on starting to explore the market and meet with teams once he returns from an overseas vacation, league sources said.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Wade sacrifice? I'm confused on that one. Wade has made over $150 million in career earnings while with Heat off salary alone. Besides, it's not Pat's money that's getting spent. Riley's job is to field the most competitive roster while looking at long-term success. Offering Wade a fat bloated contract while getting rid of pieces like Winslow is a detrement to that.

Also, for the crowd that likes to point out constantly that Wade has never been the highest paid player on the Heat's roster, might want to take a look at that link I provided earlier.

2007-2010: Wade signed max extension with Miami where the highest paid players at different years were Sean Marion as well as Jermaine O'Neal who were acquired via trade.
2010-2014: The Big 3 is formed as they all took a pay cut. Wade took one even further so the Heat could keep Haslem around - which was his choice.
2014: Lebron leaves, which Bosh and Wade opt out of their contracts to try to keep Lebron in Miami so he can get the max. Lebron doesn't tell them he's leaving for Cleveland where Wade gives up money for no reason. From there Henry Thomas uses the Rockets offer to get a max out of the Heat for Bosh. Meanwhile, he totally neglects Wade as that's his client as well. Where Miami uses the remainder to sign Wade while fitting other players like Deng on the roster.

Totally the right decision by Riley. You can't trade Winslow just to make Wade happy. As a Heat fan, I would be happy that Riley is showing that he's the boss.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical, Miami's initial offer to Wade didn't sit well at all with its veteran star:

The Heat's initial offer of $10 million annually - which would've constituted a 50 percent pay cut from his $20 million 2015-16 salary - deeply angered Wade, league sources told The Vertical. Even with the Heat planning to counter to a higher figure, league sources said, Wade has been insistent on starting to explore the market and meet with teams once he returns from an overseas vacation, league sources said.
LIES!!! RUMOR!! INNUENDO!!!! LIES!!!!!! you will never convince me other wise!!! I KNOW I HAVE BEEN TO SEASON TICKET HOLDER MEETINGS!!!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Rockets fans out there have any insight on what's going on with DMo or Terrance Jones. I think DMo holds more value, but I would easily take a flier on Terrance Jones. If I were a team with cap space left, I'd look at those two guys and see if the Rockets match.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't think he could have made more and you know that is the truth. He has sacrificed over $20-25 million for the heat to bring in players. I don't care how much money he has made that has nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if it was his choice or not, he took a paycut and it was more than one time.

Again, like I said Wade was never the highest paid player on the team AND was initially offered $10 mil a year, half of his currently initially reported by yours truly Adrian Woj. No need to stick up for Riley man, he is a piece of shit and he has been exploited whether you want to believe it or not.

For all that Wade has done for the organization it is sad he had to go through this...it has nothing to do with the money, these players make TOO much money. It is the disrespect factor.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace reported that there was no such offer of only 10 million. that was inaccurate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to WHAT?

His post that says "sources"??
He also posted articles from the same "sources" that the Heat had lost ground with Whiteside, and Mavs were clear frontrunner, WHICH WAS TOTAL NONSENSE.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjwmM_aj-LNAhUCOCYKHcArAYUQFgg2MAQ&url=http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/6/30/12074746/nba-free-agent-rumors-hassan-whiteside-dallas-mavericks&usg=AFQjCNFfTNMaoenNlaI4BelJzxWpqQbz5g&bvm=bv.126130881,d.eWE

jeeM5jMw_bigger.jpeAdrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA
Sources on @TheVertical. Dallas Mavericks emerging as a frontrunner for Miami free agent center Hassan Whiteside. Heat's lost ground on him.

SERIOUSLY, give it up already.
It defies any logic and common sense that they would offer 10M , but apparently you 2 don't have any.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing over exactly how much the Heat offered is redundant. What is absolutely clear is that Wade was angered by whatever the Heat offered. Could have been 10M, could have been 18M, hell it could have even been a raise, but whatever the case was he was upset. The Heat should know what Wade is looking for at this stage of his career. They have 13 years of back ground info on him, and including their discussions last year about his contract situation to have insight to what needed to be done to retain him

Any way you slice it, the Heat made a critical error in how they handled his contract situation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WHAT?

His post that says "sources"??
He also posted articles from the same "sources" that the Heat had lost ground with Whiteside, and Mavs were clear frontrunner, WHICH WAS TOTAL NONSENSE.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjwmM_aj-LNAhUCOCYKHcArAYUQFgg2MAQ&url=http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/6/30/12074746/nba-free-agent-rumors-hassan-whiteside-dallas-mavericks&usg=AFQjCNFfTNMaoenNlaI4BelJzxWpqQbz5g&bvm=bv.126130881,d.eWE

View attachment 134907Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA
Sources on @TheVertical. Dallas Mavericks emerging as a frontrunner for Miami free agent center Hassan Whiteside. Heat's lost ground on him.

SERIOUSLY, give it up already.
It defies any logic and common sense that they would offer 10M , but apparently you 2 don't have any.

Shane and Wiggy are on a roll today :L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing over exactly how much the Heat offered is redundant. What is absolutely clear is that Wade was angered by whatever the Heat offered. Could have been 10M, could have been 18M, hell it could have even been a raise, but whatever the case was he was upset. The Heat should know what Wade is looking for at this stage of his career. They have 13 years of back ground info on him, and including their discussions last year about his contract situation to have insight to what needed to be done to retain him

Any way you slice it, the Heat made a critical error in how they handled his contract situation.

Not sure what the error was.

If you overpay Wade long term, you can take any' Lakers are crap' posts we've seen the last few years and insert the word Heat moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.