• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical, Miami's initial offer to Wade didn't sit well at all with its veteran star:

The Heat's initial offer of $10 million annually - which would've constituted a 50 percent pay cut from his $20 million 2015-16 salary - deeply angered Wade, league sources told The Vertical. Even with the Heat planning to counter to a higher figure, league sources said, Wade has been insistent on starting to explore the market and meet with teams once he returns from an overseas vacation, league sources said.

Same sources that told Woj that Whiteside was likely going to Dallas.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jesus and my Mama's word is about the only ones I trust over Wojo.
i dont necessarily take it as gospel- but to insist its not true when you have absolutely nothing to back up that opinion and acting crazy over it makes no sense...from multiple sources including dwades wife and woj- who knows maybe that was his "source" maybe it wasnt- they offered him 10M for 1 year.

if you are not gonna take Woj at his word- fine...but i have no clue how you can say you KNOW something didnt happen when you really have no fucking clue, ya know what i mean? (and i dont mean you, you...,you know what i mean ;) )

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant press conference on ESPN2

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope they give that 50 to tyler johnson isntead of dwade...would be hilarious.

Why?

It's over 4, not 2.
Tyler represents everything you want in a player on you're team.
Young, athletic, humble, non stop motor, great work ethic, can shoot, still improving.
12.5 average seems crazy in general, but not if you look whats being thrown around.

Why did the Nets want him?
Nothing better to do last week?

You really shouldn't evaluate him, or other young Heat players, because you really don't watch them play.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors coaching staff seems to be in a good mood today

Cmyb3Y7UsAETjGr.jpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think he could have made more and you know that is the truth. He has sacrificed over $20-25 million for the heat to bring in players. I don't care how much money he has made that has nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if it was his choice or not, he took a paycut and it was more than one time.

Again, like I said Wade was never the highest paid player on the team AND was initially offered $10 mil a year, half of his currently initially reported by yours truly Adrian Woj. No need to stick up for Riley man, he is a piece of shit and he has been exploited whether you want to believe it or not.

For all that Wade has done for the organization it is sad he had to go through this...it has nothing to do with the money, these players make TOO much money. It is the disrespect factor.

And at one point you cheered for a team that Riley cheered for. Woj is one of the most credible people on here and I don't doubt that Riley was hoping Wade would bounce. But Woj also said that Dallas was likely to sign Whiteside. I don't care how Riley is in your eyes, in South Florida he knows how to put together good teams - that's all I care about.

He's no worse than Dan Gilbert. And you keep mentioning Wade not being the highest paid player. I provided a very details AND accurate description on why it isn't. The Heat never pressured Wade to take a pay cut, he did it willingly so UD could stay.

But keep reaching. Anytime you keep mentioning this bullshit, you can always reference the post you just referenced.

*mic drop*

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare occurrence that I disagree with you.

But, I do.

I think the Heat drew a line in the sand and didn't want to hamstrung the next few years finances on a guy who is on the other side of his prime.

Yes, he is their franchise guy.

But, was he being reasonable?

They couldn't give him money that they didn't have.

They couldn't sacrifice Winslow to appease him.

So, the only solution would have been to not pay Whiteside.

We all know it was gonna take the max to get it done.

So, if you had to pick between the two...who would it be?

Shaq vs Kobe, Curry vs. MONTA.....if you have to choose between the past and the present future, the young guy usually wins.

Shit the best Quart of All time, Joe Montana, had to go to the Chiefs because of Steve Young.

So, I'm not crying for Wade.

My critical error comment was not about the direction the Heat took, but their approach to anger a guy who gave 13 years of great service to that organization. You don't have to piss the guy off with a subpar offer. They used a negotiating tactic on Wade instead of being straight with him from the beginning. If the Heat organization felt it was best they move on, they could have expressed early on their vision for the team. Instead they made a subpar offer to start, then scrambled to try to clear cap space then to keep Wade after he sought other teams.

If they would have told him in the beginning, they were trying to move McRoberson and after they re-signed Whiteside, they would max him out at whatever cap space they had, I have no doubts that would have at least not offended Wade. Instead they low balled him hoping to come up from that figure when they negotiated. The error there was assuming that Wade would just stay with them no matter what.

I'm not arguing with people here with Wade's contract hindering their future. What I was saying is that the Heat misjudged the situation and tried their best to change course after it was evident Wade was serious about potentially leaving them. Miami didn't stick to their guns. They did everything they could last minute to clear space and gave him an offer comparable to what the other teams were offering him. If they wanted to keep Wade, fine do that. If you don't, fine do that. The in between is what angered Wade, IMO.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont necessarily take it as gospel- but to insist its not true when you have absolutely nothing to back up that opinion and acting crazy over it makes no sense...from multiple sources including dwades wife and woj- who knows maybe that was his "source" maybe it wasnt- they offered him 10M for 1 year.

if you are not gonna take Woj at his word- fine...but i have no clue how you can say you KNOW something didnt happen when you really have no fucking clue, ya know what i mean? (and i dont mean you, you...,you know what i mean ;) )

Where did Wades wife ever say anything about money??

I'll wait....

She said:

2EAoEgP1_bigger.jpgGabrielle UnionVerified account‏@itsgabrielleu
When u waiting for a text/email/skywriting and nada... thanks for being crystal clear

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower cap means lower maxes, right? Maybe the lesser amounts that they would have to pay Durant and Curry will be just enough to keep Iguodala. Not sure if they can keep Livingston, though.

I think bird rights would be a factor here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace reported that there was no such offer of only 10 million. that was inaccurate.

From the Wallace report:

"Reports that the Heat offered Wade only $10 million for next season have been overblown, sources said, with the sides actually being $10 million apart on the total amount of the contract".

So there you go, they offered 40, he wanted 50.

Does that not seem much more logical and believable?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

It's over 4, not 2.
Tyler represents everything you want in a player on you're team.
Young, athletic, humble, non stop motor, great work ethic, can shoot, still improving.
12.5 average seems crazy in general, but not if you look whats being thrown around.

Why did the Nets want him?
Nothing better to do last week?

You really shouldn't evaluate him, or other young Heat players, because you really don't watch them play.

I think the Heat should match. Like you said it's a 4-year contract. Johnson could be a big time bargain with the cap jumping again next year.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My critical error comment was not about the direction the Heat took, but their approach to anger a guy who gave 13 years of great service to that organization. You don't have to piss the guy off with a subpar offer. They used a negotiating tactic on Wade instead of being straight with him from the beginning. If the Heat organization felt it was best they move on, they could have expressed early on their vision for the team. Instead they made a subpar offer to start, then scrambled to try to clear cap space then to keep Wade after he sought other teams.

If they would have told him in the beginning, they were trying to move McRoberson and after they re-signed Whiteside, they would max him out at whatever cap space they had, I have no doubts that would have at least not offended Wade. Instead they low balled him hoping to come up from that figure when they negotiated. The error there was assuming that Wade would just stay with them no matter what.

I'm not arguing with people here with Wade's contract hindering their future. What I was saying is that the Heat misjudged the situation and tried their best to change course after it was evident Wade was serious about potentially leaving them. Miami didn't stick to their guns. They did everything they could last minute to clear space and gave him an offer comparable to what the other teams were offering him. If they wanted to keep Wade, fine do that. If you don't, fine do that. The in between is what angered Wade, IMO.

Exactly, its the in between that pissed him off. This guy is a cornerstone of your franchise and has taken less money almost every time to help Miami win, and they turn around and low ball him. Meanwhile they were off to the races to sign Whiteside to a max. Who even knows how that will work out, it may or may not live up to his year he had last year...They were offering durant 26 million without even having the cap space. lastly Wade is not some broken down player comparing it to kobe, he led the heat to game 7 of the ECSF avg 19 ppg....

They handled the situation wrong imo, and he should leave, even if it was for the same amount of money. What i honestly think is that riley was f'ing with him because he was still sour about the lebron situation. Wade was showing up to watch lebron play in the finals and cheer lebron and i know for a fact this pissed him off....I have a feeling this had something to do with it as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if they really offered him 10 million, that's Fucking insulting.

I don't know what type of communication was had between the two sides.

But, it's sad it had to end this way.

...maybe it was for the best...both parties can move on.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why this is even in question.

Everyone roasted the Lakers for giving Kobe a legacy contract.

But, failed to take into consideration that they had to make the Season watchable, even if it's just to see a farewell tour, because ratings are directly attached to their 150 mil per year TV contract.

Now, Riley is a bastard because he knows the name on the front of the Jersey, is more important than the one on the back?

:gaah:

"Please reference post #7382" is going to be a regular thing for me for a while on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.