• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing over exactly how much the Heat offered is redundant. What is absolutely clear is that Wade was angered by whatever the Heat offered. Could have been 10M, could have been 18M, hell it could have even been a raise, but whatever the case was he was upset. The Heat should know what Wade is looking for at this stage of his career. They have 13 years of back ground info on him, and including their discussions last year about his contract situation to have insight to what needed to be done to retain him

Any way you slice it, the Heat made a critical error in how they handled his contract situation.

But if giving Wade what he's looking for means harming the team's future, then Pat Riley comes out the winner here. Heck, maybe Riley wanted to harm the Bulls by letting them overspend for Wade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you need to confirm Riley is a greedy, low-balling piece of scum lol. Wade sacrificed and Riley disrespected him in the end...nothing else to be said.

Gilbert would have offered him more but all of the cavs money is tied up in that great Tristan Thompson contract

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally the right decision by Riley. You can't trade Winslow just to make Wade happy. As a Heat fan, I would be happy that Riley is showing that he's the boss.

I don't get why this is even in question.

Everyone roasted the Lakers for giving Kobe a legacy contract.

But, failed to take into consideration that they had to make the Season watchable, even if it's just to see a farewell tour, because ratings are directly attached to their 150 mil per year TV contract.

Now, Riley is a bastard because he knows the name on the front of the Jersey, is more important than the one on the back?

:gaah:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical, Miami's initial offer to Wade didn't sit well at all with its veteran star:

The Heat's initial offer of $10 million annually - which would've constituted a 50 percent pay cut from his $20 million 2015-16 salary - deeply angered Wade, league sources told The Vertical. Even with the Heat planning to counter to a higher figure, league sources said, Wade has been insistent on starting to explore the market and meet with teams once he returns from an overseas vacation, league sources said.

If Woj isn't credible, who is?? lol

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all my gossip from Chris Broussard LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
n ESPN Radio, Dan Le Batard discussed how James clearly was an influence in Wade's decision and James helped Wade exert power over Riley:

"LeBron James is absolutely about player empowerment. And the idea that he could do this to Pat Riley before Pat Riley could do it to him, that he could see down the line, 'Hey, Dwyane, this isn't about loyalty. Grab your power and use it as best you can.' Dwyane Wade, the last couple of years hasn't had leverage power. This year he had some leverage power [but] he didn't have enough to exert it the way LeBron James did. So that one is a fascinating one, because LeBron James Pat Riley'd Pat Riley before Pat Riley could Pat Riley LeBron James."

In the end, Wade got a little bit more money (an amount that is likely offset by the lack of state income tax in Florida) and he makes the Bulls marginally better. But more importantly, Wade's move strengthened the Cavs' grip on the East, gave LeBron a teammate he always wanted, and also gave him one more bit of revenge against Riley while helping a pal.

It's the Summer of LeBron, and he is still winning.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing over exactly how much the Heat offered is redundant. What is absolutely clear is that Wade was angered by whatever the Heat offered. Could have been 10M, could have been 18M, hell it could have even been a raise, but whatever the case was he was upset. The Heat should know what Wade is looking for at this stage of his career. They have 13 years of back ground info on him, and including their discussions last year about his contract situation to have insight to what needed to be done to retain him

Any way you slice it, the Heat made a critical error in how they handled his contract situation.

Rare occurrence that I disagree with you.

But, I do.

I think the Heat drew a line in the sand and didn't want to hamstrung the next few years finances on a guy who is on the other side of his prime.

Yes, he is their franchise guy.

But, was he being reasonable?

They couldn't give him money that they didn't have.

They couldn't sacrifice Winslow to appease him.

So, the only solution would have been to not pay Whiteside.

We all know it was gonna take the max to get it done.

So, if you had to pick between the two...who would it be?

Shaq vs Kobe, Curry vs. MONTA.....if you have to choose between the past and the present future, the young guy usually wins.

Shit the best Quarterback of All time, Joe Montana, had to go to the Chiefs because of Steve Young.

So, I'm not crying for Wade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Woj isn't credible, who is?? lol

Credible is trying to be accurate, which I think he does.
Trying to be first, is also important, so they all just run with shit hoping to be right.
When they are wrong, then it's the "sources", and its not like they get fired.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare occurrence that I disagree with you.

But, I do.

I think the Heat drew a line in the sand and didn't want to hamstrung the next few years finances on a guy who is on the other side of his prime.

Yes, he is their franchise guy.

But, was he being reasonable?

They couldn't give him money that they didn't have.

They couldn't sacrifice Winslow to appease him.

So, the only solution would have been to not pay Whiteside.

We all know it was gonna take the max to get it done.

So, if you had to pick between the two...who would it be?

Shaq vs Kobe, Curry vs. MONTA.....if you have to choose between the past and the present future, the young guy usually wins.
i hope they give that 50 to tyler johnson isntead of dwade...would be hilarious.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj reported it - but turnup says its not true--- so turnup must be right.... choppedown like a cherry tree MF'ER!! LOL :L

I proved to you he certainly was wrong in that case, which is FACT.
I'll bet if you google all his reports from "sources" since July 1, how many more do you think there would be?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to Lebatard. Lebron just played Wade like a fiddle.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
n ESPN Radio, Dan Le Batard discussed how James clearly was an influence in Wade's decision and James helped Wade exert power over Riley:

"LeBron James is absolutely about player empowerment. And the idea that he could do this to Pat Riley before Pat Riley could do it to him, that he could see down the line, 'Hey, Dwyane, this isn't about loyalty. Grab your power and use it as best you can.' Dwyane Wade, the last couple of years hasn't had leverage power. This year he had some leverage power [but] he didn't have enough to exert it the way LeBron James did. So that one is a fascinating one, because LeBron James Pat Riley'd Pat Riley before Pat Riley could Pat Riley LeBron James."

In the end, Wade got a little bit more money (an amount that is likely offset by the lack of state income tax in Florida) and he makes the Bulls marginally better. But more importantly, Wade's move strengthened the Cavs' grip on the East, gave LeBron a teammate he always wanted, and also gave him one more bit of revenge against Riley while helping a pal.

It's the Summer of LeBron, and he is still winning.

Right or wrong, I highly doubt Arison/Riley are upset that it ended up like this.
You disagree?
Seems like they were daring him and hoped that he would bite.
I'm sure James was in his ear, and there is a reason they apparently were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.