• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False argument, given the cap change. You're just lucky TT didn't wait until this summer for his extension; he would be making $25M+ per.

So you think the Cavs were really smart to give him the contract last year -- right ? (really he was underpaid?)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its a team effort but Game 6 and 7 when they needed points they gave the ball to Irving. He was the Cavs go to guy. It was clear as hell. I dont get how you dont see that.

I didn't see that. With 5 minutes to go the Cavs were down 4 and LeBron scored 6 points in 2 posessions to give the Cavs a lead they would never relinquish.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Kyrie. He was crucial to their success. They lose the championship without him.

Both were great in Game 6 and 7... including in the final moments of game 7.

LeBron was great all series long.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude i heard the SAME shit this year for months and months on end....and it was all bullshit...curry the best player...no one can beat SAS or GSW....etc.

until someone steps up and stops LeBron James when he has his supporting cast around him- im gonna back LeBron no question. Golden State cant handle him...the only way they held him to poor efficiency 2 years ago is because the rest of the CAvs offense was non-existent.

As long as LeBron gets reasonable help- i will not bet against him persevering. This is an inner circle all time great that just had by far the best performance of his career. Curry is not even in his stratosphere at this point- its gonna take Curry time, and failure, and a tempering before he can have near the overall impact on the game that LBJ has.

at some point Curry or Durant or whoever- DAvis- they are gonna have to TAKE it from LeBron- because LeBron is not giving it up- and Curry and Durant especially have simply not shown the mental toughness and ability to do it...even last year i thought Curry underachieved in the Finals- and this year he was awful.

ALL SEASON you said it was OK if the Cavs lost to the best team of all time. CORRECT?
Well, yes, they won a series vs them in the end that made them current champs. No dispute.
Other then Cavs fans, to this day, nobody thinks the Cavs have the better team.

That better team just added a top 3 player in the world.

Good Fucking Luck.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already posted the link to the play-by-play of Game 7 that proves your stats to be false and greatly exaggerated.

LeBron only missed 4 shots the entire 4th quarter... 2 in the last 2 minutes.(the same number of shots Irving missed in the last 2 minutes)

Stop making shit up. There is plenty of factual ammo for you to use on your quest to explain why LeBron isn't clutch. No need to make things up.

(I'm sure you'll just facepalm this post like you've done with the last 10 instead of actually attempting to refute anything I'm saying.)
ESPN has 0-5 even if its 0-4 its still bad. Plus dont forget the turnover and 2 missed lay ups. Oh yeah 1-2 from the Line. LOL

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be very interesting to see what Curry does next season. Does he go for a max deal?

KD may have taken the short deal to see what he does. He's going to want a max deal also. Their salary cap situation is going to be very interesting in the future, even with it going up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that. With 5 minutes to go the Cavs were down 4 and LeBron scored 6 points in 2 posessions to give the Cavs a lead they would never relinquish.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Kyrie. He was crucial to their success. They lose the championship without him.

Both were great in Game 6 and 7... including in the final moments of game 7.

LeBron was great all series long.
well they lose the championship with Irving, LBj or TT or so on and so on. It was overall a team effort. But Irving was the man. When they wanted points they went to Irving late in games. 2-3 min at end of games LBJ fades. It is what it is. Cant change how it is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is known for not being clutch. it happens. He is a passer first. He doesnt want that pressure on him. He was always like that except at the start of his career and when he noticed he sucked late in games he started passing it.

Just stop :L
Just enjoy your average Bulls this season. We know you hate Lebron and you aren't a factual poster. Your opinion is your opinion but for once bring facts to the table....just once.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude i heard the SAME shit this year for months and months on end....and it was all bullshit...curry the best player...no one can beat SAS or GSW....etc.

until someone steps up and stops LeBron James when he has his supporting cast around him- im gonna back LeBron no question. Golden State cant handle him...the only way they held him to poor efficiency 2 years ago is because the rest of the CAvs offense was non-existent.

As long as LeBron gets reasonable help- i will not bet against him persevering. This is an inner circle all time great that just had by far the best performance of his career. Curry is not even in his stratosphere at this point- its gonna take Curry time, and failure, and a tempering before he can have near the overall impact on the game that LBJ has.

at some point Curry or Durant or whoever- DAvis- they are gonna have to TAKE it from LeBron- because LeBron is not giving it up- and Curry and Durant especially have simply not shown the mental toughness and ability to do it...even last year i thought Curry underachieved in the Finals- and this year he was awful.

maybe LeClown should wear a cape...:L

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. This is as spectacularly wrong and has been wrong since 2011.

Kyrie and Lebron are very clutch

Curry and Durant are massive chokers

We are really shaking in our boots lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has 0-5 even if its 0-4 its still bad. Plus dont forget the turnover and 2 missed lay ups. Oh yeah 1-2 from the Line. LOL

Lets see a link. I provided mine.

He missed 2 shots in the final 2 minutes (1 that most agree should've been a foul called on Iggy).

Kyrie also missed 2 shots in the final 2 minutes, by the way.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the stats man. You are going on opinion, that is fine, it just isn't right :laugh3:
I am going by facts and every one I read says Im right and the basketball world is right. there is a reason LBJ has that image. Homers just dont want to see it. LBJ is great but he chokes a lot and he likes to pass the ball late in games because he doesnt want to take the big shots. He doesnt have that killer instinct like a Kobe and MJ. They wanted the ball.

I remember some Cavs fans saying why doesnt LBj take over games more. EVERYONE knows he doesnt like to be the man late in games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the Cavs were really smart to give him the contract last year -- right ? (really he was underpaid?)

Don't know about smart, but they didn't have a choice. There are players who can provide what TT does for a lot less money, but even with TT off the books, they were too far over the cap to get one of them. They won a title, so it makes the overpay worth it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL SEASON you said it was OK if the Cavs lost to the best team of all time. CORRECT?
Well, yes, they won a series vs them in the end that made them current champs. No dispute.

Good Fucking Luck.

They could be better and most likely will but we don't know till we see, right? You can only score so much and the Warriors already did it at an all-time pace without KD. Roles will change for basically everyone on the team. The depth is not the same, the big man aren't the same but they do have KD. So we will see.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue this yes, but the thing Lebron will never have on MJ is the "assassin" attitude and game winners that Jordan had. Lebron passes the ball too much when he needs to go to the hole and take the game over. Jordan was a beast at getting to the hole and/or getting to the free throw line.

Craig Ehlo, Byron Russell.. It's a long list.

Lebron is a great talent and when it's all said and done he might just be a top 3 player of all-time. Lebron needs one 3-peat to get there though IMO. Jordan was 6-0 in the NBA Finals for a reason.

What about Paxson & Kerr ?

(Jordan didn't always do it only on his own.)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy posts 3 times that LeBron was 0-5 in the last 2 minutes of Game 7.

I provide a link proving that to be madeup bullshit. (0-2 in the last 2 minutes, 3-7 in the 4th qtr).

@purguy facepalms my post.

:noidea:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about smart, but they didn't have a choice. There are players who can provide what TT does for a lot less money, but even with TT off the books, they were too far over the cap to get one of them. They won a title, so it makes the overpay worth it.

And with the salary increase it's pretty smart...They actually are not over the cap by as much as last year i think with the cap going up so much...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good Fucking Luck.

i'll certainly sign off on this, and IF i'm wrong, i'm wrong...

but if this goes like how I THINK it will LeClown and the Cavs are TOAST...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I did find a good example of LeBron fading down the stretch in a critical playoff game...

top-10-buzzer-beaters-of-nba-playoff-history-4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.