• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then, you should be eager to make a bet with everyone here who wants the Warriors right now?
Ill speak for all of us, because I can, we'll all give you 2-1.
Look at the bragging right you'll have.

#talkischeap

He won't be around when the cavs start losing again so its a moot point really

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u imagine how LeBron's legend will grow when he beats the Warriors this year again with Durant?

At that point everyone will have to at least CONSIDER the GOAT conversations--- at the very least #2 of all time would be a stone cold lock.

WHEN? LOL

You that sure?
You spent all last year writing the concession, great season speech and that was before they just added their new, best, all around player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then, you should be eager to make a bet with everyone here who wants the Warriors right now?
Ill speak for all of us, because I can, we'll all give you 2-1.
Look at the bragging right you'll have.

#talkischeap
i bet with Tlance on the Finals....when the Finals come around in June, if you are not catatonic from the Heat's season we can discuss it then.....if the Cavs are healthy, and ready to go- I will absolutely use my unusually brilliant sense of prediction to make a logical bet. Sticky this post for next June....as i told you IN JANUARY- im not making a bet 5 months out- and CERTAINLY not making a bet 11 months out.

but if u are still around 11 months from now....we can certainly discuss it! :thumb:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing - and was never arguing - that LeBron is ahead of Jordan.

This has NOTHING to do with defending LeBron. I'm not trying to defend LeBron. He has failed to win a title 10 times in 13 years. That's a lot of failure. And a couple of times that was with a very good supporting cast.

I'm just pointing out how incredibly stupid looking at Finals records is. LOSING IS LOSING. Losing in the 1st round, 2nd round, conf finals IS NOT BETTER than losing in the Finals.

Its simple obvious logic that shouldn't even have to be spelled out.
I disagree because the Finals is on the Big Stage and losing more in Finals hurts a little(image). The world is watching you on that stage. there is a reason ratings are higher in the Finals then rd 1.

Your logic says everyone is a loser because 95% of the sports world has lost more then they won.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait until he beats Durant this year to make the argument...

when all is said and done--- all KD has done is make it possible for LeBron to keep inching his way up the all-time list...the bigger they are- the harder they fall, and the more impressive it is....and LeBron James is still the King of the league and undisputed best player- and the Warriors still have no one that can stop him. When they get someone that can slow down LeBron, Kyrie and guard the rim- ill get worried....

until then, this will just be another footnote to LBJ's greatness! ;)

If the Spurs would have gotten KD that would have been insane. Just think, they have the post player in Aldridge, the best defender in the league in Leonard and all-around player, Green the 3 point shooter, Parker with the penetration (lol) and KD.

Aldridge
KD
Leonard
Green
Parker

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet with Tlance on the Finals....when the Finals come around in June, if you are not catatonic from the Heat's season we can discuss it then.....if the Cavs are healthy, and ready to go- I will absolutely use my unusually brilliant sense of prediction to make a logical bet. Sticky this post for next June....as i told you IN JANUARY- im not making a bet 5 months out- and CERTAINLY not making a bet 11 months out.

but if u are still around 11 months from now....we can certainly discuss it! :thumb:

But you today, are using the word "WHEN".

#WHY?

As far as being around, God willing. I certainly don't go into hiding after a basketball result like you constantly do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree because the Finals is on the Big Stage and losing more in Finals hurts a little(image). The world is watching you on that stage. there is a reason ratings are higher in the Finals then rd 1.

Your logic says everyone is a loser because 95% of the sports world has lost more then they won.

If you're not first, you're last. Bottomline, no way around it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEN? LOL

You that sure?
You spent all last year writing the concession, great season speech and that was before they just added their new, best, all around player.
WHEN....thats what i said right?

as i have said for months...the team with the best player, and the team that is more physically and mentally tough usually wins...i have not seen anything that shows me the Cavs are not that team...they have the best player, are more physical than the Warriors, and are mentally tougher.

11 months from now if all is right in the world we will get a rubber-match for all time and LeBron will add an exclamation mark to his career and ascend into territory that only Jordan can claim.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Sedano on ESPN (used to work for WQAM down in Miami and covered the Heat for years) said that Pat Riley went through and discussed things with Wade's agent.

Didn't Arison sit down with Wade directly ?
If so, it is odd that Riley decided to only talk to his agent. (and not be involved in owner/player meeting)
Cuban has screwed up a lot ... but he & Dirk have one of the best owner/player relationship in the NBA.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kerr and Paxton hit game winning shots in Game 6's for MJ. I don't see your point. Horry and Fisher hit shots for Kobe and Shaq. Other players step up sometimes, why is that hard to comprehend lol
Yes but LBJ always fades at the end. 0-5 in game 7. Just stop it. I understand u need role players but everyone in the world knows LBJ would rather pass up the last shot then take the last shot. That is who he is. Argument over man.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that it has more impact on your image and how the gerenal public views you.

That doesn't mean that its in any way logical though.

And yes.... every year 29 teams in the NBA are losers. So 96.6% of the league every year is losers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you today, are using the word "WHEN".

#WHY?
damn straight i am. Because LeBron is he best in the world bar none- the king of the NBA- and he has the best sidekick he has ever had- and that sidekicks keeps getting better and better.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u imagine how LeBron's legend will grow when he beats the Warriors this year again with Durant?

At that point everyone will have to at least CONSIDER the GOAT conversations--- at the very least #2 of all time would be a stone cold lock.

You could argue this yes, but the thing Lebron will never have on MJ is the "assassin" attitude and game winners that Jordan had. Lebron passes the ball too much when he needs to go to the hole and take the game over. Jordan was a beast at getting to the hole and/or getting to the free throw line.

Craig Ehlo, Byron Russell.. It's a long list.

Lebron is a great talent and when it's all said and done he might just be a top 3 player of all-time. Lebron needs one 3-peat to get there though IMO. Jordan was 6-0 in the NBA Finals for a reason.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but LBJ always fades at the end. 0-5 in game 7. Just stop it. I understand u need role players but everyone in the world knows LBJ would rather pass up the last shot then take the last shot. That is who he is. Argument over man.

Jordan-vs-Lebron.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Arison sit down with Wade directly ?
If so, it is odd that Riley decided to only talk to his agent. (and not be involved in owner/player meeting)
Cuban has screwed up a lot ... but he & Dirk have one of the best owner/player relationship in the NBA.
whatever the particulars are of what happened- its clear Wade and Riley had a major falling out and there was extreme acrimoney between the parties....thats undeniable....the particulars of he-said-she-said this offered this at what time- had this conversation at what time just obscures the main point....Wade is no longer with the Heat and he left on very bad terms with Pat Riley.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are contradicting yourself.

You are giving the 2016 series to Irving because he hit the game winning shot with a minute to go in Game 7. (Completely discounting all the huge shots it took from his teammates to get to that point).

But when it comes to 2013.... you are giving the series to Ray Allen.... even though LEBRON hit the game winner with 25 seconds to go in Game 7. In this case you don't want to discount the shots it took from teammates to get to that point.

Because that's the way to make it fit your bullshit narrative.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL no he doesn't but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.