• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u imagine how LeBron's legend will grow when he beats the Warriors this year again with Durant?

At that point everyone will have to at least CONSIDER the GOAT conversations--- at the very least #2 of all time would be a stone cold lock.
I have LBj in my top 10 right now. A win next year gets him to .500 and yes that win would be amazing and yest he would then be in talks of top5 maybe even top 3. Another Finals loss and he is at 3-5. Remember he is playing in the weakest East Era ever they say. So getting there isnt very impressive especially when u have the best team every year in the East. I mean when the Bulls were the best team in the East they won the whole thing every year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are contradicting yourself.

You are giving the 2016 series to Irving because he hit the game winning shot with a minute to go in Game 7. (Completely discounting all the huge shots it took from his teammates to get to that point).

But when it comes to 2013.... you are giving the series to Ray Allen.... even though LEBRON hit the game winner with 25 seconds to go in Game 7. In this case you don't want to discount the shots it took from teammates to get to that point.

Because that's the way to make it fit your bullshit narrative.
lebron was the first playerin the history of the league to lead the entire series- BOTH TEAMS in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks....not just the first in Finals history-the first in NBA PLAYOFF history....

if that is not an all time performance i dont know what is.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet with Tlance on the Finals....when the Finals come around in June, if you are not catatonic from the Heat's season we can discuss it then.....if the Cavs are healthy, and ready to go- I will absolutely use my unusually brilliant sense of prediction to make a logical bet. Sticky this post for next June....as i told you IN JANUARY- im not making a bet 5 months out- and CERTAINLY not making a bet 11 months out.

but if u are still around 11 months from now....we can certainly discuss it! :thumb:

where's the chicken imoji for this damn site...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowadays people critique every little thing, but the truth is Lebron is one of the most clutch players ever. That is a fact lol. No point in even arguing anymore.
and shit- you have guys on your team that can help for a reason.

down 1 with 7 seconds left- name me 5 guys youd rather have take that shot than Kyrie in the NBA right now....there are not that many- i can guarantee you taht.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn straight i am. Because LeBron is he best in the world bar none- the king of the NBA- and he has the best sidekick he has ever had- and that sidekicks keeps getting better and better.

Cavs are good, no doubt. Any team with James is.
Warriors should be insane though.
A 73 win team adding a player who is all around better then any they already had?

Come on?
Its sucks for 29 fan bases, but it's a reality we all have to deal with.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowadays people critique every little thing, but the truth is Lebron is one of the most clutch players ever. That is a fact lol. No point in even arguing anymore.
No he isnt and the whole world knows that. Just stop man. These silly numbers are stupid. Every year they make up new stats. its about watching the games. Last image LBJ 0-5 , missed 2 lay ups to win the game. Irving Game winner.

Please show me 1 finals MJ was 0-5 in the last 2 min of a game. Same for Magic.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you today, are using the word "WHEN".

#WHY?

As far as being around, God willing. I certainly don't go into hiding after a basketball result like you constantly do.

there ya go. at least if WE'RE wrong we aren't disappearing like roaches when the light's turned on...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron makes the right basketball play, that is sometimes perceived as being scared to shoot by the casual observer i guess

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isnt and the whole world knows that. Just stop man. These silly numbers are stupid. Every year they make up new stats. its about watching the games. Last image LBJ 0-5 , missed 2 lay ups to win the game. Irving Game winner.

Please show me 1 finals MJ was 0-5 in the last 2 min of a game. Same for Magic.

I already posted the link to the play-by-play of Game 7 that proves your stats to be false and greatly exaggerated.

LeBron only missed 4 shots the entire 4th quarter... 2 in the last 2 minutes.(the same number of shots Irving missed in the last 2 minutes)

Stop making shit up. There is plenty of factual ammo for you to use on your quest to explain why LeBron isn't clutch. No need to make things up.

(I'm sure you'll just facepalm this post like you've done with the last 10 instead of actually attempting to refute anything I'm saying.)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are contradicting yourself.

You are giving the 2016 series to Irving because he hit the game winning shot with a minute to go in Game 7. (Completely discounting all the huge shots it took from his teammates to get to that point).

But when it comes to 2013.... you are giving the series to Ray Allen.... even though LEBRON hit the game winner with 25 seconds to go in Game 7. In this case you don't want to discount the shots it took from teammates to get to that point.

Because that's the way to make it fit your bullshit narrative.
No its a team effort but Game 6 and 7 when they needed points they gave the ball to Irving. He was the Cavs go to guy. It was clear as hell. I dont get how you dont see that.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 73 win team adding a player who is all around better then any they already had?

Come on?

if it works out on the court as well as it does on paper the Dubs are gonna be SICK. this is why Cavs/LeClown fans are shaking in their boots right now...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Arison sit down with Wade directly ?
If so, it is odd that Riley decided to only talk to his agent. (and not be involved in owner/player meeting)
Cuban has screwed up a lot ... but he & Dirk have one of the best owner/player relationship in the NBA.

That's undeniable now on the Cuban part. Duncan and Dirk have sacrificed in salary to try and build a better team as well. And with Dirk, a lot of times, Cuban has been unable to come through and build a quality contender in the last few years, or at least since 2011, he did fine prior to that.

The relationship between Wade and Riley is strained. I don't doubt that Wade finds himself in the front office after his playing days are done and this is behind him. Seems to be par for the course with Riley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on?
dude i heard the SAME shit this year for months and months on end....and it was all bullshit...curry the best player...no one can beat SAS or GSW....etc.

until someone steps up and stops LeBron James when he has his supporting cast around him- im gonna back LeBron no question. Golden State cant handle him...the only way they held him to poor efficiency 2 years ago is because the rest of the CAvs offense was non-existent.

As long as LeBron gets reasonable help- i will not bet against him persevering. This is an inner circle all time great that just had by far the best performance of his career. Curry is not even in his stratosphere at this point- its gonna take Curry time, and failure, and a tempering before he can have near the overall impact on the game that LBJ has.

at some point Curry or Durant or whoever- DAvis- they are gonna have to TAKE it from LeBron- because LeBron is not giving it up- and Curry and Durant especially have simply not shown the mental toughness and ability to do it...even last year i thought Curry underachieved in the Finals- and this year he was awful.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there ya go. at least if WE'RE wrong we aren't disappearing like roaches when the light's turned on...

He admits to turning games off if his team is losing.
I mean, my God. It's a fucking game.
Great athletes shooting a round piece of leather through a metal circle.
Yep, its fun to root for the group wearing your cities name, but its really not that important.

If it's more then entertainment, then you need to rethink why.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is known for not being clutch. it happens. He is a passer first. He doesnt want that pressure on him. He was always like that except at the start of his career and when he noticed he sucked late in games he started passing it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have LBj in my top 10 right now. A win next year gets him to .500 and yes that win would be amazing and yest he would then be in talks of top5 maybe even top 3. Another Finals loss and he is at 3-5. Remember he is playing in the weakest East Era ever they say. So getting there isnt very impressive especially when u have the best team every year in the East. I mean when the Bulls were the best team in the East they won the whole thing every year.

If he won next year it could be two of best Finals wins in history (depending on the circumstance), against two all-time great teams. So he would probably be right there at number 2 honestly. The East isn't as weak top to bottom as you may believe, especially this year but wait until the postseason rolls around. If the Cavs stroll through it, we will hear how weak the East is no matter what lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.