• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the point. Thanks.:whoo:
Despite that, they won in the final minute.

If the Warriors played anywhere near close to their season averages, it's a route the other way.

Obviously IF is countered by DIDN'T, but I wouldn't bank on it happening again.
I'd actually expect quite the opposite.

#lessonlearned

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok Im done with this because talking to LBJ Homers is just ridicules. its pointless. I remember on this Finals board and all the guys talking now for the Cavs complained about LBJ not taking over game and now they want to say he is clutch when he isnt. thats the biggest knock on the guy.

I dont get how you guys dont know that. Every basketball fan knows that. Yes LBJ is great but he left 2 teams because he needed help and the guy chokes late in games. Great basketball player Top 10 player but he big issue is late in games. 3 1/2 Q he does fine. Stats are great. Yeah he will hit a some what big shot at the 3 min mark or make a steal or block late in the game but scoring late is not his thing in Big moments.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the stats man. You are going on opinion, that is fine, it just isn't right :laugh3:
I have been critical of LeBron's killer instinct in the past.

After seeing him in Game 6 in Cleveland how there was absolutely no way he was going to let them lose, i have to rethink it....never before had i seen lebron like that- with maaaybe the exception of game 6 against boston while he was in miami.

lebron isnt on the same level of jordan or kobe with that crazy-psychopathic competitiveness---- but there is no way anyone can question lebrons killer instinct after this playoff win...he put the whole city on his back.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and Lebron are very clutch

Curry and Durant are massive chokers

We are really shaking in our boots lol

one finals proves this...?

could've SWORN they did the job the finals before...

and no, don't bother pulling the injury card. Dubs had hurt player this time around. part of the game...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see a link. I provided mine.

He missed 2 shots in the final 2 minutes (1 that most agree should've been a foul called on Iggy).

Kyrie also missed 2 shots in the final 2 minutes, by the way.
Irving also made the biggest shot with the MVP in his face. LOL Argument over. thanks for helping me out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they lose the championship with Irving, LBj or TT or so on and so on. It was overall a team effort. But Irving was the man. When they wanted points they went to Irving late in games. 2-3 min at end of games LBJ fades. It is what it is. Cant change how it is.
i was impressed with how Irving ripped up Klay in that series...i kept hearing how good his D was...didnt see it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could be better and most likely will but we don't know till we see, right? You can only score so much and the Warriors already did it at an all-time pace without KD. Roles will change for basically everyone on the team. The depth is not the same, the big man aren't the same but they do have KD. So we will see.

well, this is one thing no one can argue. gotta see the finished product on the court and see if they all gel together. no arguing with THAT logic...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving also made the biggest shot with the MVP in his face. LOL Argument over. thanks for helping me out.

Exaclty.

So you agree that missing 2 shots in the final 2 minutes doesn't mean that you faded down the stretch, right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron isnt on the same level of jordan or kobe with that crazy-psychopathic competitiveness---- but there is no way anyone can question lebrons killer instinct after this playoff win...he put the whole city on his back.

Yeah, he definitely stepped up huge. He had every excuse to pull another disappearing act when the Cavs were down 3-1. Instead, he stepped his game up. No denying that.

I've said in the past, it may not be such a bad thing that he doesn't have the competitiveness of MJ and Kobe. I'm pretty sure that their level qualifies as a mental illness. lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Paxson & Kerr ?

(Jordan didn't always do it only on his own.)

No he sure didn't. I can't recall a Kerr game winner, but Paxson closed out Phoenix and Barkley. Point is IMO Lebron doesn't have the assassin that Jordan had in him. LBJ passes the rock too many times where he should be taking the game over and going to the rack hard - getting an easy 2 or an and 1 or getting to the line.

And Lebron didn't go 6-0 in the Finals and have two 3 peats. That's dominating the league.

Those Bulls teams were stout defensively.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving making that shot makes Lebron look bad ?
When Paxson & Kerr hit big shots, did that make Jordan look bad ?

Odd argument.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he sure didn't. I can't recall a Kerr game winner, but Paxson closed out Phoenix and Barkley. Point is IMO Lebron doesn't have the assassin that Jordan had in him. LBJ passes the rock too many times where he should be taking the game over and going to the rack hard - getting an easy 2 or an and 1 or getting to the line.
And Lebron didn't go 6-0 in the Finals and have two 3 peats. That's dominating the league.
Those Bulls teams were stout defensively.

Wow .... you didn't know this?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy posts 3 times that LeBron was 0-5 in the last 2 minutes of Game 7.

I provide a link proving that to be madeup bullshit. (0-2 in the last 2 minutes, 3-7 in the 4th qtr).

@purguy facepalms my post.

:noidea:
LBJ last point was at the 4:23 mark. Not including his 1-2 at the free throw line. LOL This is to easy with these Homers. Overall James was 3-8 in the 4th Q. LOL I can keep going.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exaclty.

So you agree that missing 2 shots in the final 2 minutes doesn't mean that you faded down the stretch, right?
Kobe was 6/24 in Game 7 of his last finals win...if anyone is trying to break down a few shots from a stretch here or there thats some SERIOUS reaching.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going by facts and every one I read says Im right and the basketball world is right. there is a reason LBJ has that image. Homers just dont want to see it. LBJ is great but he chokes a lot and he likes to pass the ball late in games because he doesnt want to take the big shots. He doesnt have that killer instinct like a Kobe and MJ. They wanted the ball.

I remember some Cavs fans saying why doesnt LBj take over games more. EVERYONE knows he doesnt like to be the man late in games.

I remember Gilbert saying lots of things. Let's rehash :dhd:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE" :dhd:

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving making that shot makes Lebron look bad ?
When Paxson & Kerr hit big shots, did that make Jordan look bad ?

Odd argument.
Yes because LBJ last point in game 7 was at the 4:23 mark. (Not the stupid 1-2 free throw at the end). when it matters the most.

Its clear to see. It cant get any clearer. I will leave this argument after this. This is too easy. I dont want to go down this road with Blind Homers. Next discussion

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ last point was at the 4:23 mark. Not including his 1-2 at the free throw line. LOL This is to easy with these Homers. Overall James was 3-8 in the 4th Q. LOL I can keep going.

I know everyone(ok just LeClown fans) loves hyping this guy up, but imo it was more Kyrie's drives to the bucket in the 3rd quarter that the Cavs were riding...

Status
Not open for further replies.