• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Gilbert saying lots of things. Let's rehash :dhd:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE" :dhd:

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Game. Set. Match...!:lol:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question....if Whiteside knew that Wade, Deng, Joe Johnson, Tyler Johnson, probably Haslem, and possibly having Bosh retire (which ithink is looking more likely now that Wade left- as i said- dont know if wade leaves if bosh is gonna play) were all leaving- would he still have signed in Miami?

i dont think he would have.....

what do you guys think?

They still are able to offer more money. This to me is tristan thompson all over again, no shot, rebound and block, not a max contract guy. He should just be happy he is gonna make 100 million after trying to ruin his own life. Players like Whiteside are part of the current problem.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls were up 2-1 in that series when he hit that in game 4 I believe. That was the end of that squad and Thibs. Series over no doubt

Yep... that was a huge turning point in that series.

IMO, that series from the Bulls is the most opposition the Cavs have received from the eastern conference in the past 2 seasons

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving making that shot makes Lebron look bad ?
When Paxson & Kerr hit big shots, did that make Jordan look bad ?

Odd argument.

I also don't know of a Finals ending where there was 1 FG in the last 4:30 in the 4th Q. Irving's game winner was more of a bailout.

It's a team game no doubt. But as an attitude overall, Lebron (like trojan said) is a bit calmer of a competitor and IMO passes the ball where MJ and even Kobe would take over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the East will be a little interesting next year. Maybe it wont be a walk in the park for the Cavs. East got better thats for sure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... that was a huge turning point in that series.

IMO, that series from the Bulls is the most opposition the Cavs have received from the eastern conference in the past 2 seasons
Turning point was when Gasol got hurt. Rose hits the game winner to go up 2-0. Gasol gets hurt and Cavs come back and LBJ hits game winner. Bulls had a chance to go up 3-0 I think or was it 3-1 they had a chance, I forgot.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ last point was at the 4:23 mark. Not including his 1-2 at the free throw line. LOL This is to easy with these Homers. Overall James was 3-8 in the 4th Q. LOL I can keep going.

So.... not including the point that came from his down-the-lane dunk to make it a 2-possession game with 10 seconds to go... had Green not wisely chosen to foul him to prevent the dunk?

Not including the point that essentially sealed the Victory?

Don't want to count that one?? :noidea:

By the way... the points that came at the 4:23 mark that you are referencing was a personal 6-0 flurry from LeBron that turned a 4 point deficit into a 2 point lead.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 38 and had missed 20 games the year prior. Not a good bet whatsoever. He had good assist numbers, but had only averaged 12.5 pts that last year with the Suns and was down to 31 min/game.

That was the lockout season. He missed 4 games. A couple points below his career average. A couple of assists above his career average. Close to a 50/40/90 season. He could still play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't know of a Finals ending where there was 1 FG in the last 4:30 in the 4th Q. Irving's game winner was more of a bailout.

It's a team game no doubt. But as an attitude overall, Lebron (like trojan said) is a bit calmer of a competitor and IMO passes the ball where MJ and even Kobe would take over.
This I agree with. that is who LBJ is. He is a smart basketball player. He just doesnt have what some of the Killers(basketball term wise) have. There is a reason he is 3-4 in Finals. Maybe if he had that extra killer instinct he would be 6-1 or 5-2.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Gilbert saying lots of things. Let's rehash :dhd:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE" :dhd:

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers
I love it...and I LOVED the letter at the time...If Gilbert doesnt write that and publicly shames LeBron, maybe he doesnt come back!!!

Please....every single year at least post that once! its glorious to behold, especially with LeBron returning and delivering a title!

i understand this is a difficult time for you...just a few days ago you were saying how all this wade drama was made up and it was a negotiating ploy and it will all be fine......now....the Heat are decimated and headed for an arduous rebuild and will descend into complete irrelevancy for the foreseeable future while LeBron continues to be King of the NBA.

At some point you are gonna have to let it go and move on from LeBron James and Dan Gilbert....they both won....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what i am saying is if you are a sports fan and all you care about is banners you should get out of the business.

In any given year about 3% of teams win a title. I of course will be very upset if the Cavs come up short- however- if anyone told me this season was a "total bust" becuase of the loss- i would laugh at them and feel sorry for them- because they dont fully understand what it is to be a fan.

Watching the Cavs sweep through the East and dominate, watching LeBron go for some of the craziest in-game dunks I have ever seen, watching Kyrie take the step up to an elite player, watching Ty Lue break a coaching record of Rileys that has stood for 2-3 decades- watching the cameraderie and fun in the locker room, Lil Kevin, etc. etc.

If someone came up to me and told me the Cavs season was a total failure because they lost the Finals desspite all the fun, i would laugh at them and take a piss on their car door. LOL.

One of many examples of @WiggyRuss concession speeches.

#preparedtolose
#excusetrain
#quittalkingshit

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... not including the point that came from his down-the-lane dunk to make it a 2-possession game with 10 seconds to go... had Green not wisely chosen to foul him to prevent the dunk?

Not including the point that essentially sealed the Victory?

Don't want to count that one?? :noidea:

By the way... the points that came at the 4:23 mark that you are referencing was a personal 6-0 flurry from LeBron that turned a 4 point deficit into a 2 point lead.
What can you say Pathetic response. Now u are reaching. He still missed a free throw. LOL Clutch would of made them both. I can go 1-2 in the nba from the free throw line. His Free throw didnt mean anything and the whole world knows it. If anything it made him look worse for missing one. LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the East will be a little interesting next year. Maybe it wont be a walk in the park for the Cavs. East got better thats for sure.
like i said- the only teams in the East that really have no shot at winning a playoff series in my mind are the Sixers, Nets, Heat and prob. Magic.......other than that everyone has hope.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it...and I LOVED the letter at the time...If Gilbert doesnt write that and publicly shames LeBron, maybe he doesnt come back!!!

Please....every single year at least post that once! its glorious to behold, especially with LeBron returning and delivering a title!

i understand this is a difficult time for you...just a few days ago you were saying how all this wade drama was made up and it was a negotiating ploy and it will all be fine......now....the Heat are decimated and headed for an arduous rebuild and will descend into complete irrelevancy for the foreseeable future while LeBron continues to be King of the NBA.

At some point you are gonna have to let it go and move on from LeBron James and Dan Gilbert....they both won....

Spin it anyway you want.
Only thing that letter does is show what Gilbert truly is, and how full of shit he was.

People always say the real truth comes out when you are drunk or mad.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gymnastics you are doing to try to cram one of the most brilliant road performances in the history of Game 7's into a narrative that died years ago is just embarrassing.

Please go watch every series LeBron has participated in since 2011... especially the 7 game series with the Celtics, the 7 game series with the Pacers, the 7 game series with the Spurs... and the 7 game series with the Warriors..... and then come back to me with this 2010 "LeBron fades at the end of games" crap.

There is a heaping mountain of evidence standing in the way of what you so desperately want to be true.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen did not hit the game winner, actually. LeBron hit the series game winner that year.

But that's not the reason that statement was garbage.

Ray Allen hit the game-saving shot that allowed the later game winner. Ray saved the Heat with that shot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of many examples of @WiggyRuss concession speeches.

#preparedtolose
#excusetrain
#quittalkingshit
its as true now as it was then. If the Cavs lost the Finals in Game 7 i would still look back on that season as an incredibly fun and awesome to watch--- as long as i get to watch LeBron JAmes and Kyrie Irving share a court - you can sign me up for it! Its a no-lose situation in my book ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin it anyway you want.
Only thing that letter does is show what Gilbert truly is, and how full of shit he was.

People always say the real truth comes out when you are drunk or mad.
i gotta say....i might be wrong about Wade never making another Conference Finals now....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quit making shit up.
I said Heat never offered Wade 10/1 or 20/2 and they didn't.
Isn't the story NOW that Riley NEVER communicated with Wade since July 1?
So who made the offer?

#didnthappen

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen hit the game-saving shot that allowed the later game winner. Ray saved the Heat with that shot.

Yes Ray Ray saved the day in game 6 so there could be a game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.