• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats unbelievable to me that the General Manager of the Miami Heat never called Wade through out hte process....truly unbelievable...

They are also reporting that the Heat were told not to talk to Wade, to go through his agents.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is NOT the best player in the league lol. The best player performs in the regular season AND when it means the most, the postseason, especially in the Finals. That's like saying AI is better than Kobe bc AI was great in the regular season, just an example. The only thing that Curry is better at then Lebron is shooting everything else isn't even close and the funny thing is Lebron shot 40% from 3 in the Finals, a far superior player EASILY.

My god you cavs get all salty when someone doesn't praise you boy. You need to relax fella, not everybody thinks lebron is the best - get used to it

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that they get a 2nd round option or rights to an overseas player. So essentially, yeah. They helped out their competition. Bulls ownership/front office have to be one of the most incompetent bunches I've ever seen. Thankfully they lucked into the best player to ever play the game, or they probably wouldn't have any titles.

Facepalm me all you want, @purguy12. Your team made the Cavs stronger so you could add Wade to your lineup who doesn't exactly fit in a pace and space system.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also reporting that the Heat were told not to talk to Wade, to go through his agents.

Jorge Sedano on ESPN (used to work for WQAM down in Miami and covered the Heat for years) said that Pat Riley went through and discussed things with Wade's agent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god you cavs get all salty when someone doesn't praise you boy. You need to relax fella, not everybody thinks lebron is the best - get used to it

I am relaxed but even Warrior fans know Curry isn't the best lol. Congrats though

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats unbelievable to me that the General Manager of the Miami Heat never called Wade through out hte process....truly unbelievable...

Riley is over 70 now......every front office in the league has genius ivy league mba's, and young guys that work 60 hours a week with great basketball people around to supplement.....maybe the game has passed riley by at this point.

Nick Arison got his MBA from Duke. What's your point?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am relaxed but even Warrior fans know Curry isn't the best lol. Congrats though

So when Kawhi Leonard beat lebron in 2014, did that mean Leonard was the better player than Lebron?
When Andre Iguodala won finals MVP last year, did that mean Iggy was the better player than lebron?

Give it a rest, fan boy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Arison got his MBA from Duke. What's your point?
that he or someone else that knows what they are doing should take over at this point....asking a lot out of a man in 70's that just admitted he had an awful summer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they are building for 2017-18 season. With Wade we can bring in a Max player next year. Everyone knows how good of a recruiter he is plus have a chance to win next year now. Team is some what loaded. I think We will be in the Top 4 and have a shot to surprise the Cavs. Will we win probably not but I think we can compete. I guess people forget how good Butler and Wade are. Wade was ranked as a top 10 SG last year and Butler is a top 3 2 way player. Rondo had the most asst last year in the league. We have one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA in McDermott.

Damn people forget quick.

Wade's going to be 36 years old in the 2017-2018 season. He's a good recruiter in the sense that he got his best friend in Lebron to come to Miami. That's it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Sedano on ESPN (used to work for WQAM down in Miami and covered the Heat for years) said that Pat Riley went through and discussed things with Wade's agent.

If that's the case, then people need to stop with the "Riley never bothered to call Wade through the whole process" crap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that he or someone else that knows what they are doing should take over at this point....asking a lot out of a man in 70's that just admitted he had an awful summer.

Tell me what the Heat should've done differently this offseason. Especially with Bosh's situation still being there and taking up more than a quarter of the cap. I'm all ears. I'll go ahead and tell Pat what he should've done differently.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Kawhi Leonard beat lebron in 2014, did that mean Leonard was the better player than Lebron?
When Andre Iguodala won finals MVP last year, did that mean Iggy was the better player than lebron?

Give it a rest, fan boy.
this is not even a question...maybe a year or two or three from now Curry can take the crown....but we all saw that as long as lebron as playing on this level- no one touches him...its not about curry as much as its about LeBron who is an all time top 5 player still at the height of his game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said before Wade came that the team doesn't fit him now you are saying they are top 4 possibly 2 in the East LOL. Wade doesn't have much longer, yes he still has some left but a combo of that and he doesn't fit this team. He will win them more games, but that's it. They really have no post players either.
I never said that. U got me confused. I said Im more in favor of rebuilding from the bottom. After the Rondo pick up I was pissed because of that was the only move we did it would make no sense. We would be half way in rebuild mode and half way compete mode and I dont like that. I think at 2 years Wade is a good deal and will help us. We are better then last year. As a fan I can live with it because we will be good. As a fan that thinks like a GM I wanted the full rebuild. So overall yes my opinion because I know my team we can be in the 2-4 seed range. I went through all the teams and we match up well with a lot of teams in the East.

Gibson and Lopez can post up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, then people need to stop with the "Riley never bothered to call Wade through the whole process" crap.

I don't understand how some people can be so dense. I have one co-worker who said Durant left OKC because the team moved from one city to another and didn't want to go through that again.

Then I have Heat fans who said we should've gave up McRoberts to give Wade his extra money. Like the Heat didn't try to do that. Jesus Christ people are dense some times.

*ends rant*

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not even a question...maybe a year or two or three from now Curry can take the crown....but we all saw that as long as lebron as playing on this level- no one touches him...its not about curry as much as its about LeBron who is an all time top 5 player still at the height of his game.

Based off what? As far as I can tell Curry won MVP for the last two seasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what the Heat should've done differently this offseason. Especially with Bosh's situation still being there and taking up more than a quarter of the cap. I'm all ears. I'll go ahead and tell Pat what he should've done differently.
let whiteside go, jump on al horford and wade on day 1 and tried to convince joe johnson to come back. horford was very interested in miami apparently.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. U got me confused. I said Im more in favor of rebuilding from the bottom. After the Rondo pick up I was pissed because of that was the only move we did it would make no sense. We would be half way in rebuild mode and half way compete mode and I dont like that. I think at 2 years Wade is a good deal and will help us. We are better then last year. As a fan I can live with it because we will be good. As a fan that thinks like a GM I wanted the full rebuild. So overall yes my opinion because I know my team we can be in the 2-4 seed range. I went through all the teams and we match up well with a lot of teams in the East.

Gibson and Lopez can post up.

You also gave up your most consistent player in Gasol (next to Butler). It'll be interesting to watch all of the pieces try to work. Also doesn't help that Hoiberg needs to prove that he can coach - which was glaring this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let whiteside go, jump on al horford and wade on day 1 and tried to convince joe johnson to come back. horford was very interested in miami apparently.

Al Horford averaged 15 and 7 last year. Whiteside is younger and has a higher ceiling. Once again, there was around $40 million left in the salary cap before Whiteside was signed. Look at Al Horford's contract which is more money than Whiteside's. Wade would've been paid even less if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.