• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @WiggyRuss face palm

The nets offered Tyler 50M
Nobody offered Tristan anything.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface it seems odd, but they are talking about from July 1, on.
There's no doubt they talked plenty in June.
My guess, is Wade was fine with 20 until he saw what was being thrown around.
Meanwhile , that's what he basically settled for anyway.

Yeah, I think something happened before July 1st that sort of put the relationship at odds.

To be fair to Riley... according to LeBatard... Wade's communication wasn't super great either. He was communicating through a few different representatives of his agent.

LeBatard seems to think that Riley never really wanted to re-sign Wade. That they tried just hard enough to sign him to make it look like they wanted to sign him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas wasn't the only one capable of taking on the Bogut contract. Some other team very may well have.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo has to have the ball all the time.
Wade wants to have the ball a lot of the time.
Rondos a dick.
Wade is a diva.

Gonna be interesting.
Its going to be great. Bulls are a way better team then last year. I cant wait. People also forget that Rondo is really on a 1 year deal so if it doesnt work we sign Wade's best friend chris paul and then sign blake. 2017-18 season.

Man Im so fired up. Like I said I wanted the rebuild but I can live with this. We have a team that can play. We have 2 stars in Wade and Butler. Great passer in Rondo, bigs in Lopez and Gibson and a nice young core.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Varejao trade has turned out to be such a great move for the Cavs.

Assuming they are using a portion of the Varejao TPE to get Dunleavy (which seems like a pretty safe assumption)...

The Cavs basically traded Andy Varejao for Channing Frye and Mike Dunleavy..... and they'll still have ~$6m from the TPE to use on a future move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because Curry had a below average playoff run? You watch the highlights of his last two seasons and honestly tell me Curry is not the best player in the league.
Yes I took curry off my #1 list. Sorry best player in the NBA cant have 2 bad finals and lose a 3-1 edge. Sorry Mr. Curry you have been dropped. Still a great player and best shooter in the game but not best player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because Curry had a below average playoff run? You watch the highlights of his last two seasons and honestly tell me Curry is not the best player in the league.

He is NOT the best player in the league lol. The best player performs in the regular season AND when it means the most, the postseason, especially in the Finals. That's like saying AI is better than Kobe bc AI was great in the regular season, just an example. The only thing that Curry is better at then Lebron is shooting everything else isn't even close and the funny thing is Lebron shot 40% from 3 in the Finals, a far superior player EASILY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Varejao trade has turned a GREAT move for the Cavs.

Assuming they are using a portion of the Varejao TPE to get Dunleavy (which seems like a pretty safe assumption)...

The Cavs basically traded Andy Varejao for Channing Frye and Mike Dunleavy..... and they'll still have ~$6m from the TPE to use on a future move.
helps to have an owner that can write some big time checks.....in the grand scheme of things- thats pretty important depth that we would not of had avenues to get guys like that otherwise...

more great planning and execution by David Griffin.

Griffin really does not get nearly the credit he deserves.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Wade I would tweet "no more smiling faces with hidden agendas"

:dhd:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the Bulls are the best fit for Wade with Rondo there.
Why not a passing PG. Most players would love to play with a passing PG. Isnt that what a PG is suppose to do. LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if by Wade leaving, Whiteside says well im not staying im going to sign with Dallas instead who offered me max. Then dallas wouldnt be able to taek on boguts contract which means GS would have to keep him which means Durant couldnt sign with GS. Would be a hell of a chain of events. LOL

Sounds like a plan. Anyone got Whitesides' number?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now obviously I know Dunleavy will not be starting, and not be playing a huge role off the bench, but i really like the move...

basically the Cavs only tool to improve absent trades are the trade exception, the mini-mid level and a couple other little exemptions.

If Wade stays in Miami- The Bulls do not have to clear cap- and Dunleavy never gets to the Cavs....im still surprised no one in the West offered to take Dunleavy off the Bulls hands- i am sure they would have greatly preferred it.

The Bulls have def. taken a step up- and are right in the middle of a very crowded East...the only teams in the East that are really not competitive at this point are the Sixers, Nets and Heat....everyone else has a shot at winning a playoff series if you ask me except probably Orlando.
MDJ is garbage. He has a bad back and wont be able to play much. He will be a solid bench player that helps every once in awhile. He is only 4.5 mill so its not a bad deal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Varejao trade has turned out to be such a great move for the Cavs.

Doesnt it expire very soon?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they are building for 2017-18 season. With Wade we can bring in a Max player next year. Everyone knows how good of a recruiter he is plus have a chance to win next year now. Team is some what loaded. I think We will be in the Top 4 and have a shot to surprise the Cavs. Will we win probably not but I think we can compete. I guess people forget how good Butler and Wade are. Wade was ranked as a top 10 SG last year and Butler is a top 3 2 way player. Rondo had the most asst last year in the league. We have one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA in McDermott.

Damn people forget quick.

You said before Wade came that the team doesn't fit him now you are saying they are top 4 possibly 2 in the East LOL. Wade doesn't have much longer, yes he still has some left but a combo of that and he doesn't fit this team. He will win them more games, but that's it. They really have no post players either.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MDJ is garbage. He has a bad back and wont be able to play much. He will be a solid bench player that helps every once in awhile. He is only 4.5 mill so its not a bad deal.

I know he missed the first half of the season after having back surgery. But he played in the last half of the season and put up his usual numbers.

In the last 6 seasons, Dunleavy made 600 3-pointers shooting them at a 41% clip.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt it expire very soon?

TPE's are good for 1 year and they traded Varejao in February... so I think they have basically up until the trade deadline to use the remainder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a deep bench player that is a shooter when he plays, that's it. They have RJ in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.