• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't comment on the Heat until they get the rest of the roster filled out and you know about the Bosh situation. No team is going to be competitive when they currently has 6 guys under contract with one being very questionable
thats true....i dunno...its hard for me to believe wade would leave if bosh was playing...its still prob unfair to assume that. if bosh is back it would be different.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Bulls are better the 7-8, possibly 6?

I don't.
Roster seems like square pegs in round holes.
i have no clue....after predicting toronto falling off last year and seeing them shoot up to 2nd- and the fall of the bucks, and rise of some surprise teams like the hornets- its practically impossible to rank 2-10 in the EAst.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if by Wade leaving, Whiteside says well im not staying im going to sign with Dallas instead who offered me max. Then dallas wouldnt be able to taek on boguts contract which means GS would have to keep him which means Durant couldnt sign with GS. Would be a hell of a chain of events. LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the money being thrown around, 4 years $40 million looks good for a 24 -year PG that's still improving.
think the offer sheet he signed was 4 years 50 million..12.5 a year...just about 3-4 million less a year than tristan thompson.... ;)

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the Bulls are the best fit for Wade with Rondo there.
It's weird. Teams usually bring in guys to win now, or build for the future. Bulls seem to be building for 2010.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved WADE, second favorite athlete in Miami. The city probably embraced him more then they did Marino. He was a God in Miami and loved by all. I understand he felt disrespected by the Heat ownership, but tough shit, grow a pair. They offered you ALL that they could. They were even going to trade some contracts just to make you happy. This whole leaving to go home is total BULLSHIT. Miami is his home. Miami is the place where he has laid his head for the last 13 years. Miami is the place where he would stand up before every game and claim "This is MY House!". Miami is the city that embraced him and his family with open arms. Miami is the city that made him a superstar and made him filthy rich! Chicago has never done anything like that for him. He is leaving the fans and the city behind because of his ego. His pride was hurt by Riley. So what! Everyone has had their pride hurt at some time. It wasnt like Riley traded him or never offered him his money. Riley knew in order to give Wade the best shot at another title was to get more help, which is why he prioritized Whiteside and Durant. Wade let his ego get in the way and now a whole city has to suffer the heartbreak. he saw when Lebron left how it hurt this team and city, and that was just a guy who was here for a few years. Wade leaving is 10x greater hurt. Because of how loved he was by the city.

I loved Wade and am thankful for all he has done for this team. But my loyalty is to the Heat, not any single player. I wish him well, but I will not be routing for him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me like Riley pulled the old be-a-dick-until-they-dump-you-so-you-dont-have-to-dump-them move.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are better than

Not even close. I have watched Curry a lot, met him a couple times, and followed him since high school. I love the way he plays, but no. He is not the best. He may be the best offensive player in the game when at 100%, but he is not the best player. There are a few guys who have greater two way impact on their teams.

Curry is Steve Nash 2.0. Great player, not the best in the league.

Nash was a better passer but I get your point and I tend to agree. Curry is a phenomenal shooter but not the best player in the league or even the best PG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me like Riley pulled the old be-a-dick-until-they-dump-you-so-you-dont-have-to-dump-them move.

thats unbelievable to me that the General Manager of the Miami Heat never called Wade through out hte process....truly unbelievable...

Riley is over 70 now......every front office in the league has genius ivy league mba's, and young guys that work 60 hours a week with great basketball people around to supplement.....maybe the game has passed riley by at this point.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing people saying "he left for 7 million dollars".

Its pretty clear that this was about so much more than money.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the offer sheet he signed was 4 years 50 million..12.5 a year...just about 3-4 million less a year than tristan thompson.... ;)

No lie.
I'd rather have Tyler on the Heat.
That being said, Cavs would much rather have Tristan.

Tyler is young, extremely athletic, good outside shooter, and his motor is always going 100%.

My type of guy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats unbelievable to me that the General Manager of the Miami Heat never called Wade through out hte process....truly unbelievable...

Riley is over 70 now......every front office in the league has genius ivy league mba's, and young guys that work 60 hours a week with great basketball people around to supplement.....maybe the game has passed riley by at this point.

On the surface it seems odd, but they are talking about from July 1, on.
There's no doubt they talked plenty in June.
My guess, is Wade was fine with 20 until he saw what was being thrown around.
Meanwhile , that's what he basically settled for anyway.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird. Teams usually bring in guys to win now, or build for the future. Bulls seem to be building for 2010.
No they are building for 2017-18 season. With Wade we can bring in a Max player next year. Everyone knows how good of a recruiter he is plus have a chance to win next year now. Team is some what loaded. I think We will be in the Top 4 and have a shot to surprise the Cavs. Will we win probably not but I think we can compete. I guess people forget how good Butler and Wade are. Wade was ranked as a top 10 SG last year and Butler is a top 3 2 way player. Rondo had the most asst last year in the league. We have one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA in McDermott.

Damn people forget quick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't comment on the Heat until they get the rest of the roster filled out and you know about the Bosh situation. No team is going to be competitive when they currently has 6 guys under contract with one being very questionable

This.....but the best free agents have been scooped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.