• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2nd rounder or euro-player. I guess no other team in the league wanted to help out Chicago. Makes sense now. Wade still isn't getting Chicago by Cleveland though. Wishful thinking at its finest.
i bet you riley was thrilled the cavs helped the bulls clear that cap room....

i wonder if riley offered mcroberts to the cavs

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brazilian Blur returns home! Love that dude. Welcome back Barbosa.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, a lot of big moves these last few weeks. The league is going to look quite different when the season starts

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still, Russ was never considered at any point of his career as the best player today. Doubtful on as the best player in OKC.

LeBron, Curry, Durant are just on a different conversation.

Curry is in the discussion for best player, but he really shouldn't be. That mantle belongs to LeBron, hands down. Durant is the closest competitor.

I also believe that Westbrook is the superior talent/1 on 1 player, but if you had to pick between Curry and Westbrook to play alongside, the answer is easy, IMO. Curry is somewhat overrated as an individual player because of the team's success, but the team is successful in large part because of Curry's unselfish team first demeanor.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stupid of Miami to try and re-sign the 27 year old Hassan Whiteside and attempt to lure the 27 year old Kevin Durant. Damn idiots. Needed to focus on signing the 34+ year old Wade first

I agree that investing big money in Wade would have been unwise for the Heat. At the same time, the way the whole saga played out is a very bad look for them and could affect decision making for future free agents. They should have sat down with Wade before July 1 and laid the cards on the table. He has earned that

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is in the discussion for best player, but he really shouldn't be. That mantle belongs to LeBron, hands down. Durant is the closest competitor.

I also believe that Westbrook is the superior talent/1 on 1 player, but if you had to pick between Curry and Westbrook to play alongside, the answer is easy, IMO. Curry is somewhat overrated as an individual player because of the team's success, but the team is successful in large part because of Curry's unselfish team first demeanor.

Why, because Curry had a below average playoff run? You watch the highlights of his last two seasons and honestly tell me Curry is not the best player in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't they should up in the top 4 in the east. Bulls roster is loaded(young untested) so u never know.

I don't think they are better than
Why, because Curry had a below average playoff run? You watch the highlights of his last two seasons and honestly tell me Curry is not the best player in the league.

Not even close. I have watched Curry a lot, met him a couple times, and followed him since high school. I love the way he plays, but no. He is not the best. He may be the best offensive player in the game when at 100%, but he is not the best player. There are a few guys who have greater two way impact on their teams.

Curry is Steve Nash 2.0. Great player, not the best in the league.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that investing big money in Wade would have been unwise for the Heat. At the same time, the way the whole saga played out is a very bad look for them and could affect decision making for future free agents. They should have sat down with Wade before July 1 and laid the cards on the table. He has earned that

My guess is they did.
It was no guess what our cap space was, and how much they needed for Whiteside.
I think everything changed with Wade once he saw the crazy dollars flying around.
Thats not Riley's fault though. He couldn't offer more then he had.
Last year, Wade knew the cap was increasing, and was good signing a 3/45.
He ended up being pissed over 3/60 ( figuring in last year), then basically ended up taking the same thing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't be surprised if they did.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Jones...you piece of shit.

How do I get my money back for UFC 200?

I was going to order it Friday.....aren't there still some other really good matchups? Somebdy on FB was calling it best UFC ever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are better than

Not even close. I have watched Curry a lot, met him a couple times, and followed him since high school. I love the way he plays, but no. He is not the best. He may be the best offensive player in the game when at 100%, but he is not the best player. There are a few guys who have greater two way impact on their teams.

Curry is Steve Nash 2.0. Great player, not the best in the league.

Oh well, opinions vary I guess. I personally think Curry is the better player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they did.
It was no guess what our cap space was, and how much they needed for Whiteside.
I think everything changed with Wade once he saw the crazy dollars flying around.
Thats not Riley's fault though. He couldn't offer more then he had.
Last year, Wade knew the cap was increasing, and was good signing a 3/45.
He ended up being pissed over 3/60 ( figuring in last year), then basically ended up taking the same thing.

My thing though, the Heat knew Whitside and KD were priorities. Obviously, Wade was not on board with that. If both sides were on the same page, Wade would have either agreed to take less up front, or he would have said he was weighing options elsewhere.

Right or wrong, Wade played good guy for the Heat two years ago and now they say they are not willing to move McBob and a pick to give Wade more money? While I agree that the Heat are being shrewd and acting in their own interest, I would also be extremely angry if I were D Wade. It did not have to end like this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now obviously I know Dunleavy will not be starting, and not be playing a huge role off the bench, but i really like the move...

basically the Cavs only tool to improve absent trades are the trade exception, the mini-mid level and a couple other little exemptions.

If Wade stays in Miami- The Bulls do not have to clear cap- and Dunleavy never gets to the Cavs....im still surprised no one in the West offered to take Dunleavy off the Bulls hands- i am sure they would have greatly preferred it.

The Bulls have def. taken a step up- and are right in the middle of a very crowded East...the only teams in the East that are really not competitive at this point are the Sixers, Nets and Heat....everyone else has a shot at winning a playoff series if you ask me except probably Orlando.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now obviously I know Dunleavy will not be starting, and not be playing a huge role off the bench, but i really like the move...

basically the Cavs only tool to improve absent trades are the trade exception, the mini-mid level and a couple other little exemptions.

If Wade stays in Miami- The Bulls do not have to clear cap- and Dunleavy never gets to the Cavs....im still surprised no one in the West offered to take Dunleavy off the Bulls hands- i am sure they would have greatly preferred it.

The Bulls have def. taken a step up- and are right in the middle of a very crowded East...the only teams in the East that are really not competitive at this point are the Sixers, Nets and Heat....everyone else has a shot at winning a playoff series if you ask me except probably Orlando.

Really can't comment on the Heat until they get the rest of the roster filled out and you know about the Bosh situation. No team is going to be competitive when they currently has 6 guys under contract with one being very questionable

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Bulls are better the 7-8, possibly 6?

I don't.
Roster seems like square pegs in round holes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't comment on the Heat until they get the rest of the roster filled out and you know about the Bosh situation. No team is going to be competitive when they currently has 6 guys under contract with one being very questionable

It might not sound sexy, but if we keep Tyler for 4 years for the same money were were going to give Wade for 2 years, we just got better.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, opinions vary I guess. I personally think Curry is the better player.

lol, the better player vs who?

Curry can't play defense, that is half the game right there...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not sound sexy, but if we keep Tyler for 4 years for the same money were were going to give Wade for 2 years, we just got better.

Given the money being thrown around, 4 years $40 million looks good for a 24 -year PG that's still improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.