• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we had a better offseason than the Mavs.
are you on drugs?

i mean- if you count Ingram you are correct....if you are just talking free agency you are out of your mind

Barnes and Bogut is much better than Deng and Mozgov...age wise, talent wise, etc....i dont hate the Deng and Mozgov signigs but be realistic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extreme acrimony had been building between Wade and the Heat over the past week. Wade met with Heat owner Micky Arison in New York on Monday.

"Miami dared a very proud man to go home, and that man's best friend [LeBron James] just won a title by going home," a source very close to the process told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls have also agreed to a trade that will send Mike Dunleavy to the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to sources.

James has long coveted Dunleavy as a teammate, a source said.

been trying to get Dunleavy for years apparently....kinda crazy how things work out...Cavs were happy to take him into their trade exception. Good solid move to add a wing. They needed one.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like salty grapes- even though your "king" basically did the same thing. And I don't want to hear nothing about him not leaving to play for a team that just beat him.

He left to play with guys that could help him win. Period. That is the exact thing KD did.

cracks me up that Cavs/LeClown fans can't take their own medicine...:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was perverse how Riley tried to use the fact that Wade was a long time Heat player and soul of the franchise against him. I think thats what really pissed off Wade....when you start to basically take advantage of a guy because he wants to finish his career there and you leverage that against him- eventually after doing it a couple times its gonna come back and bite you.

imagine if the Lakers did that...REALLY Kobe...? you are gonna go take a few million dollars extra to go to Philly to end your career in your hometown? really? you are gonna tarnish your legacy here and not retire having played for one team because of a few million cmon?......they did that last year to him to a certain extent, and again this year, after he had already given up what most estimate was about 20-25M already.

At some point the guy is just gonna say this is ridiculous- and it sounds like thats exactly what happened on the terms that Wade and Riley left it....it appears from the reports Arison tried to patch it up today where riley was no where to be found- but it was too late.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this your next version of #runnerup? lol

with the streak you are on lately id be careful.....for someone that created a term wig-wam'd......

YIKES!

Only thing I predicted wrong was Cavs beating the 73 win Warriors.

Everything else I though would happen, pretty much has happened.

As far as the be happy with 1, I think the Warriors are near a mortal lock if healthy. Cavs will still be opponent.

You can poo poo the Durant addition as much as you want, but if you were just looking at it from the outside in as a neutral fan, you would acknowledge what a game changer it is.

It would be like the Cavs adding Durant and losing whoever their 4th or 5th best player is.

We can make a preseason bet right now, and you get 2-1.
If either team doesn't make the Finals, other person wins.

FYI, I didn't create the term.
Possibly Mecca?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when all the smoke clears, we're going to find out that Wade was pissed that the Heat wouldn't clear Bosh.

It's weird that some people are pissed about that. I get that part of the decision is a business one due to his salary being off the books come February. But dude has re-occurring blood clots. Key word being "re-occurring". I'm not a doctor, but I had a case that was similar, but the exact opposite (my blood wouldn't clot which I developed leukemia like symptoms). It's a very scary situation as I thought I was on my death bed two years ago. I never want to relive that again.

That's why I don't blame the Heat, or any other franchise if they chose to operate in the same manner.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great letter by Wade. U usually see half hearted reasoning or thank you but he added a little about his life with his dad. Good stuff. I know some heat fans will be pissed but most will understand. Guy gave u a lot. 5 conference titles and 3 championship titles. Always took less.

Nope. Love Wade, wish him the best in Chicago and thankful for the 13 years of great memories he provided for me as a sports fan. Best will always be watching his rise to superstar status while winning the '06 title.

I'm not a fan of his approach and I hope he doesn't take any cheap shots on the way out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extreme acrimony had been building between Wade and the Heat over the past week. Wade met with Heat owner Micky Arison in New York on Monday.

"Miami dared a very proud man to go home, and that man's best friend [LeBron James] just won a title by going home," a source very close to the process told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Difference is, Lebron went home at his prime to a roster that could make moves to make a contender given the pieces they added.

Wade's going to a roster with a coach that's very suspect in his first year, and just added a bunch of pieces that don't fit together smoothly - especially to run a pace and space system that Hoiberg runs. Wade's ending his career with 3 rings should he retire in Chicago.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls have also agreed to a trade that will send Mike Dunleavy to the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to sources.

James has long coveted Dunleavy as a teammate, a source said.

been trying to get Dunleavy for years apparently....kinda crazy how things work out...Cavs were happy to take him into their trade exception. Good solid move to add a wing. They needed one.

So what does Chicago get out of this deal? I'm confused on this. Chicago just made Cleveland better while not getting anything in return.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, Lebron went home at his prime to a roster that could make moves to make a contender given the pieces they added.

Wade's going to a roster with a coach that's very suspect in his first year, and just added a bunch of pieces that don't fit together smoothly - especially to run a pace and space system that Hoiberg runs. Wade's ending his career with 3 rings should he retire in Chicago.

Rondo has to have the ball all the time.
Wade wants to have the ball a lot of the time.
Rondos a dick.
Wade is a diva.

Gonna be interesting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does Chicago get out of this deal? I'm confused on this. Chicago just made Cleveland better while not getting anything in return.

Cap space.
Seems like helping the Cavs would be Bulls last option, right?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space.
Seems like helping the Cavs would be Bulls last option, right?

I read that they get a 2nd round option or rights to an overseas player. So essentially, yeah. They helped out their competition. Bulls ownership/front office have to be one of the most incompetent bunches I've ever seen. Thankfully they lucked into the best player to ever play the game, or they probably wouldn't have any titles.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they needed cap room to sign wade....there might be a 2nd rounder or something they said going to chicago...

cleveland was willing to take his contract

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they needed cap room to sign wade....there might be a 2nd rounder or something they said going to chicago...

cleveland was willing to take his contract

Yeah 2nd rounder or euro-player. I guess no other team in the league wanted to help out Chicago. Makes sense now. Wade still isn't getting Chicago by Cleveland though. Wishful thinking at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.