• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they are building for 2017-18 season. With Wade we can bring in a Max player next year. Everyone knows how good of a recruiter he is plus have a chance to win next year now. Team is some what loaded. I think We will be in the Top 4 and have a shot to surprise the Cavs. Will we win probably not but I think we can compete. I guess people forget how good Butler and Wade are. Wade was ranked as a top 10 SG last year and Butler is a top 3 2 way player. Rondo had the most asst last year in the league. We have one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA in McDermott.

Damn people forget quick.
Well we will see how all that translates to your predictions for your team. I happen to think you're a bit overoptimistic.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will see how all that translates to your predictions for your team. I happen to think you're a bit overoptimistic.
I might be, I might be putting too much trust into Butler and Wade but after seeing wade carry the Heat this year, u can see he still has some left in the tank. I do really think we are better then last year team. I agree our weakness will be 3pt shooting but not spacing as a full. Wade and Butler have good mid range jumpers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats unbelievable to me that the General Manager of the Miami Heat never called Wade through out hte process....truly unbelievable...

Riley is over 70 now......every front office in the league has genius ivy league mba's, and young guys that work 60 hours a week with great basketball people around to supplement.....maybe the game has passed riley by at this point.

Call Wade about what?
Conversation took place during June.
More cap space doesn't grow on trees, and Wade was apparently already making shit up about being offered 10M.

I think privately, Arison and Riley are fine with how it played out, because without Bosh it's time to take a step back to be able to move forward.

Worst thing in the NBA is to be average.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also gave up your most consistent player in Gasol (next to Butler). It'll be interesting to watch all of the pieces try to work. Also doesn't help that Hoiberg needs to prove that he can coach - which was glaring this year.
Yes Hoiberg needs to prove he can coach an NBA team. I like Gasol but he was showing his age at the end of the year. He will be a great fit for the Spurs. Lopez should be able to give us what we need down low.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade's going to be 36 years old in the 2017-2018 season. He's a good recruiter in the sense that he got his best friend in Lebron to come to Miami. That's it.
and Bosh and Ray Allen and so on and so on. he was able to get 2 franchise players to leave their team to join him. Yes he is a good recruiter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facepalm me all you want, @purguy12. Your team made the Cavs stronger so you could add Wade to your lineup who doesn't exactly fit in a pace and space system.
LOL u guys act like this is the same MDJ ffom 3-4 years ago. The guy has a bad back. Only played 31 games last year because of it. He will be a deep bench guy that plays once in awhile. They arent going to win a championship because of him. Overall yes its an ok move for the cavs. only 4.5 mill and is insurance. I agree Bulls shouldnt have traded him to the Cavs but Bulls needed to get rid of him. Word is Cavs were the only team after him. Calderon got more action.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be, I might be putting too much trust into Butler and Wade but after seeing wade carry the Heat this year, u can see he still has some left in the tank. I do really think we are better then last year team. I agree our weakness will be 3pt shooting but not spacing as a full. Wade and Butler have good mid range jumpers.

and Rondo wants to be a point guard that gets players the ball. Rondo may not lead the league in assists again, since Wade and Jimmy are really not catch and shoot, but Niko and McDermott are. Figure wade gets a regular break at a standard time in the first, mcdermott comes in and jimmy goes to the 2.

I have more confidence with Butler and Wade working together than Butler and Rose. A few of those lobs that Wade threw Lebron at the rim is all its gonna take, and they are gonna come in bunches.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went into the cesspool this morning.....Saw that you did as well BKS.....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Bosh and Ray Allen and so on and so on. he was able to get 2 franchise players to leave their team to join him. Yes he is a good recruiter.

All 3 players recruited Ray Allen including Riley. Of course Ray Allen was going to go to Miami at the time considering they just came off of winning a title. Wade doesn't carry the same cache anymore considering free agents will wonder when is he retiring.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not even a question...maybe a year or two or three from now Curry can take the crown....but we all saw that as long as lebron as playing on this level- no one touches him...its not about curry as much as its about LeBron who is an all time top 5 player still at the height of his game.
I disagree on this statement. LBJ isnt the same player anymore but he can give you a couple great games still. His shooting isnt great anymore. He needs someone else to take the pressure off of him and his D isnt the same anymore. Irving is even taking over the cavs now. U can see LBJ passing the torch to him in that game 6 and 7. Again Dont get me wrong LBJ is still great but u can see age catching up. if I had to make a team right now LBJ wouldnt be my #1 pick.

Curry is the best shooter but overall player no he isnt #1. To be honest its wide open in the League. I like KD but i think he lacks leadership.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL u guys act like this is the same MDJ ffom 3-4 years ago. The guy has a bad back. Only played 31 games last year because of it. He will be a deep bench guy that plays once in awhile. They arent going to win a championship because of him. Overall yes its an ok move for the cavs. only 4.5 mill and is insurance. I agree Bulls shouldnt have traded him to the Cavs but Bulls needed to get rid of him. Word is Cavs were the only team after him. Calderon got more action.
calderon did not get more action...you had to GIVE UP assets to get Calderon.

not saying i think dunleavy is a world beater--- but what u said about MJD up there is what a lot of people said about RJ last year- and RJ ended up being a very important piece to the Cavs- a guy on a min. contract...

the Lakers FINALLY made another trade like i thought they should have been doing all along--- rent out your cap space and take someone elses problem to get draft assets.....its a great way to quicken your rebuild.......its what the Cavs did- of course the idiots will say GILBERT DIDNT SPEND WHEN LEBRON WASNT THERE- when the team was rebuilding- of course they didnt spend you bunch of fucking morons (ughh! that felt good, lol)

for taking the vet Calderon, the Lakers got 2 2nd round picks for renting out cap space they werent using anyway....bravo.....someone must have gotten a visit from the clue-bird there, lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if u brou

calderon did not get more action...you had to GIVE UP assets to get Calderon.

not saying i think dunleavy is a world beater--- but what u said about MJD up there is what a lot of people said about RJ last year- and RJ ended up being a very important piece to the Cavs- a guy on a min. contract...

the Lakers FINALLY made another trade like i thought they should have been doing all along--- rent out your cap space and take someone elses problem to get draft assets.....its a great way to quicken your rebuild.......its what the Cavs did- of course the idiots will say GILBERT DIDNT SPEND WHEN LEBRON WASNT THERE- when the team was rebuilding- of course they didnt spend you bunch of fucking morons (ughh! that felt good, lol)

for taking the vet Calderon, the Lakers got 2 2nd round picks for renting out cap space they werent using anyway....bravo.....someone must have gotten a visit from the clue-bird there, lol.

I see that you thought twice before going down that road. Smart choice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this statement. LBJ isnt the same player anymore but he can give you a couple great games still. His shooting isnt great anymore. He needs someone else to take the pressure off of him and his D isnt the same anymore. Irving is even taking over the cavs now. U can see LBJ passing the torch to him in that game 6 and 7. Again Dont get me wrong LBJ is still great but u can see age catching up. if I had to make a team right now LBJ wouldnt be my #1 pick.

Curry is the best shooter but overall player no he isnt #1. To be honest its wide open in the League. I like KD but i think he lacks leadership.
all you had to do was watch the last 2 post seasons where lebron ramped it up and its beyond clear who the King of the NBA is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that you thought twice before going down that road. Smart choice.
Horford is one of the best passing centeres in the league- something you ommited when putting up his stats at 3 assists per game.

Whiteside had one of the worst assisst rates in the history of the league. Whiteside is a punk- Horford an amazing leader

as long as you were gonna have Bosh and Wade and try and win- Horford is the much better fit - in my opinion anyway-- but i think whiteside is a disaster waiting to happen.

i thought whiteside going back to miami was smart until they jettisoned all their vets....now? whiteside on a team taht might be tanking where he is all of a sudden the focal point? YIKES....id be worried.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all you had to do was watch the last 2 post seasons where lebron ramped it up and its beyond clear who the King of the NBA is.

How about the season where he was humiliated? Was he still "king"?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not even a question...maybe a year or two or three from now Curry can take the crown....but we all saw that as long as lebron as playing on this level- no one touches him...its not about curry as much as its about LeBron who is an all time top 5 player still at the height of his game.
Not top 5...... getting ahead of yourself buddy. Top 10 yes Top 5 no chance in hell right now. too many L's and switching teams for him. Everyone knows he ran away. That will also hurt him. He still doesnt have that 1 moment yet. yes the block was great but its not a game winning shot or taking over a game with 2 min left. Irving took that away in game 7...... Ray Allen did it for him in miami. 3-4 in Finals.

I know you are a LBJ fan but need to chill a little. Top 5 not yet. Does he have a shot yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.