• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Kawhi Leonard beat lebron in 2014, did that mean Leonard was the better player than Lebron?
When Andre Iguodala won finals MVP last year, did that mean Iggy was the better player than lebron?

Give it a rest, fan boy.

Stop smoking, it's killing all those brain cells :laugh3:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Rondo wants to be a point guard that gets players the ball. Rondo may not lead the league in assists again, since Wade and Jimmy are really not catch and shoot, but Niko and McDermott are. Figure wade gets a regular break at a standard time in the first, mcdermott comes in and jimmy goes to the 2.

I have more confidence with Butler and Wade working together than Butler and Rose. A few of those lobs that Wade threw Lebron at the rim is all its gonna take, and they are gonna come in bunches.

I like how the Bulls recovered after trading Rose and letting Noah walk. But, they aren't going to be much better than a 6 seed.....maybe a 5 seed at best.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Rondo wants to be a point guard that gets players the ball. Rondo may not lead the league in assists again, since Wade and Jimmy are really not catch and shoot, but Niko and McDermott are. Figure wade gets a regular break at a standard time in the first, mcdermott comes in and jimmy goes to the 2.

I have more confidence with Butler and Wade working together than Butler and Rose. A few of those lobs that Wade threw Lebron at the rim is all its gonna take, and they are gonna come in bunches.
100% agree with you. We have a passing PG to give the ball to Wade and Butler. Defense will be good.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash wasn't finished though. He was healthy and put up good numbers his last season in Phoenix. Then game 2 of his Lakers career happened.

He was 38 and had missed 20 games the year prior. Not a good bet whatsoever. He had good assist numbers, but had only averaged 12.5 pts that last year with the Suns and was down to 31 min/game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I get it now.

I really don't see any two franchises at that rivalry level these days.

This was the first time they met in this round of the playoffs.

So, it's less of a rivalry than the Clippers and Warriors.

But, at least both those Teams had a even chance of winning.

Clippers are just fodder.

So, I understand why you see it that way.

I don't .....cause although I see them as each others major competition there isn't any bad blood between them.

Warriors and OKC were far and away the top 2 contenders moving forward in the West, unless the Spurs managed to reload on the fly to replace the aging/retiring trio.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 38 and had missed 20 games the year prior. Not a good bet whatsoever. He had good assist numbers, but had only averaged 12.5 pts that last year with the Suns and was down to 31 min/game.

But, Nash kept himself in great physical shape (despite the missed games) much like John Stockton.....there was no way to know he would have the freakish injuries he did with the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of COURSE it comes down to Whiteside...:pound::pound::pound:
ill just say...good luck with that...

Whiteside on a team thats winning where he is protected by high profile vets, is one thing....Whiteside on a team that might lose a lot of games where he is the focal point and highest paid player would really really worry me...i never quite bought the Dallas hype on Whiteside because Miami was so perfect for him....a lot of that has changed of late....

it will be interesting to see...hell- who knows--- maybe being on his ownwill cause whiteside to grow up, take responsibility and take charge.....not my opinion - but i cant discount it out of hand.....

we shall see i guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the season where he was humiliated? Was he still "king"?
what season was that? 2010 in Miami when they lost to Dallas? def was not the king back then, lol.

now?

undisputed reigning king of the NBA no question...not even debatable at this point...come back in a year or two and we shall see..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 players recruited Ray Allen including Riley. Of course Ray Allen was going to go to Miami at the time considering they just came off of winning a title. Wade doesn't carry the same cache anymore considering free agents will wonder when is he retiring.
I guess we will find out soon. Its not like he will be recruiting with him by himself he does have a good player to sell other to...... His name is Jimmy Butler.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill just say...good luck with that...

Whiteside on a team thats winning where he is protected by high profile vets, is one thing....Whiteside on a team that might lose a lot of games where he is the focal point and highest paid player would really really worry me...i never quite bought the Dallas hype on Whiteside because Miami was so perfect for him....a lot of that has changed of late....

it will be interesting to see...hell- who knows--- maybe being on his ownwill cause whiteside to grow up, take responsibility and take charge.....not my opinion - but i cant discount it out of hand.....

we shall see i guess.

again i'll ask the board. is my hate for LeClown greater than Wiggy's hate for Whiteside? this man TRULY despises the guy and wishes for his downfall every chance he gets...:lol::lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what season was that? 2010 in Miami when they lost to Dallas? def was not the king back then, lol.

now?

undisputed reigning king of the NBA no question...not even debatable at this point...come back in a year or two and we shall see..

#bandwagoner
#fanboy

got it!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calderon did not get more action...you had to GIVE UP assets to get Calderon.

not saying i think dunleavy is a world beater--- but what u said about MJD up there is what a lot of people said about RJ last year- and RJ ended up being a very important piece to the Cavs- a guy on a min. contract...

the Lakers FINALLY made another trade like i thought they should have been doing all along--- rent out your cap space and take someone elses problem to get draft assets.....its a great way to quicken your rebuild.......its what the Cavs did- of course the idiots will say GILBERT DIDNT SPEND WHEN LEBRON WASNT THERE- when the team was rebuilding- of course they didnt spend you bunch of fucking morons (ughh! that felt good, lol)

for taking the vet Calderon, the Lakers got 2 2nd round picks for renting out cap space they werent using anyway....bravo.....someone must have gotten a visit from the clue-bird there, lol.
No more teams called about Calderon.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcastic post?

yeah, wasn't mean seriously at all.

purguy was talking about "passing guards" so I just thought it was relevant.

Westbrook has proven himself to be a very good passer and playmaker.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question....if Whiteside knew that Wade, Deng, Joe Johnson, Tyler Johnson, probably Haslem, and possibly having Bosh retire (which ithink is looking more likely now that Wade left- as i said- dont know if wade leaves if bosh is gonna play) were all leaving- would he still have signed in Miami?

i dont think he would have.....

what do you guys think?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this statement. LBJ isnt the same player anymore but he can give you a couple great games still. His shooting isnt great anymore. He needs someone else to take the pressure off of him and his D isnt the same anymore. Irving is even taking over the cavs now. U can see LBJ passing the torch to him in that game 6 and 7. Again Dont get me wrong LBJ is still great but u can see age catching up. if I had to make a team right now LBJ wouldnt be my #1 pick.

Curry is the best shooter but overall player no he isnt #1. To be honest its wide open in the League. I like KD but i think he lacks leadership.

He used to be a great shooter? lol He got better in Miami but has never been a great shooter. He did shoot 40% from 3 this Finals so he stepped it up even though he wasn't good the whole season. His D is still very very good, but we are talking about an all-time great defender dropping off, he is still a top 10 defender in the league though lol. Of course players declining when they are just out of their prime but the difference is the level he was at and the level he is at right now, there is a difference but not much honestly. He is a smarter basketball player then he ever has been and the more experience, the better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more teams called about Calderon.
you had to tie assets to calderon to get rid of his contract.

giving him away for nothing is better than having to tie assets to him to get rid of him- if there was another offer where you didnt have to give up multiple draft picks like you said- why didnt utake it? cmon man...common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.