• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you tied a first round pick to Joel Anthony because you signed him to a terrible deal and arison wanted to save money.

The first round pick translated into what?
garbage

you left the middle level open because arison wanted to save money

Name any mid level player available who wouldn't have been a 10-12 man on bench
there were none

you amnestied miller because arison wanted to save money....

Very wisely, and James was onboard, Mike knew it WAAAYYYY in advance.
FACT

yah i get it- cant fault the guy for wanting to save money--- but unlike Arison- Gilbert doesnt care....hes not gonna flinch from writing a 50M dollar check- where apparently Arison would throw a hissy fit and ask his star players to take discounts , lol....no wonder he has alienated wade and ran lebron out of town, lol.

you know

i know

everyone knows

Lebron CERTAINLY knows

that Dan Gilbert has, and will outspend Arison. its not even a question.

Outspend, if James says so. He worked with Riley/Arison for quite some time. He fucking hates Gilbert.

AGAIN, and of course you WON'T answer:

Who was the biggest proponent of all of the 30 owners for a hard cap?

I'll answer for your **** ass. It was Gilbert. Hard cap means CANNOT pay any taxes. That is what HE wanted. So really STFU.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the situation has to be identical?

Fail.

All you folks crying over him joining the Warriors wouldn't have said shit, if you had a mouth full of it, if he joined your Team.

If he went to the highest bidder, all he cares about is money, not winning.....see Carmelo.

If he followed the easiest path to a tittle, he's a coward and a frontrunner.....see Kevin Love.

David West gets applauded for setting 10 million dollars on fire to get a ring with the Spurs.

But, Durant is a villain?

Lmfao

I ain't buying it either. Trust me, you ain't the only one...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love has choice, he was a unrestricted free agent.

Who gives a shit if Magic or Jordan would do it?

Who gives a shit if Aldridge did it the following year, or 2 years later.

Was Lebron not a former Mvp when he went to the Heat?

Teams have been trying to stack the deck for years.

Wasn't it the Lakers plan to board cap space to sign 2 max players?

The hypocrisy of some of you folks is unbelievable.

Sorta similar but not really. The difference is KD a legit championship contending team in OKC and went to the best team, the favorite, 2 straight NBA Finals appearances and another MVP on the team. All those other players you or whoever named were on bad teams or average, Lebron made the Cavs a very good team, but he didn't have the players KD did. That is the huge difference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outspend, if James says so. He worked with Riley/Arison for quite some time. He fucking hates Gilbert.

AGAIN, and of course you WON'T answer:

Who was the biggest proponent of all of the 30 owners for a hard cap?

I'll answer for your **** ass. It was Gilbert. Hard cap means CANNOT pay any taxes. That is what HE wanted. So really STFU.
so that year a first round pick is garbage...but your second rounder this year is really valuable, LOL......too funny

all you do is contradict yourself.

the evidence is right out there black and white....Gilbert has - and will continue to outspend Arison--- LeBron got annoyed and thought arison was cheap...dwade is doing the same thing right now....and ran one guy outta town and is alienating the other guy.

I just cant believe how lucky we are in Cleveland to finally get an owner who will spend like this and is above and beyond committed to bring a title to Cleveland- especially when his competition is concerned about pinching pennies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert is a hypocrite. He spends way over the cap now, which I have no problem with. My issue is that he was leading the band of small market owners trying to make super team formation more difficult during the 2011 CBA. He was a whiny little bitch back then. Now, the shoe is on the other foot and he has no problem being the "super team".

You best believe, if the Cavs did not have LeBron, they would not be over the cap and Gilbert would still be whining instead of spending.

Winner x 1000000

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ifi go to yahoo.com you can find articles about how huge of a check gilbert has to write for the lux tax--- and right next to it- articles on how pissed wade is that the heat organization lowballed him

quite the striking dichotomy and the perfect example of the stark difference between the two owners...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert is a hypocrite. He spends way over the cap now, which I have no problem with. My issue is that he was leading the band of small market owners trying to make super team formation more difficult during the 2011 CBA. He was a whiny little bitch back then. Now, the shoe is on the other foot and he has no problem being the "super team".

You best believe, if the Cavs did not have LeBron, they would not be over the cap and Gilbert would still be whining instead of spending.

THIS!!

It's what makes willing big spender crap hilarious...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problem at all with the warriors-- good for them....

durant though???

read that and tell me durant is not a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge wuss of epic proportions

Loyalty and OKC: What changed Durant's mind?

I read it yesterday.

Look, we don't know what his feelings are about Westbrook.

How many times have you watched them play and gone :gaah:...when Russ starts heroballing?

Durant is not a alpha. It's pretty clear to me.

Wishy washy is a understatement.

But, it still would have been stacking the deck if he joined Kawhi and Aldridge.

So, why the outrage about the Warriors?

Because they had 3 good players not 2?

Hell, the Clippers tried the same shit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that year a first round pick is garbage...but your second rounder this year is really valuable, LOL......too funny

all you do is contradict yourself.

the evidence is right out there black and white....Gilbert has - and will continue to outspend Arison--- LeBron got annoyed and thought arison was cheap...dwade is doing the same thing right now....and ran one guy outta town and is alienating the other guy.

I just cant believe how lucky we are in Cleveland to finally get an owner who will spend like this and is above and beyond committed to bring a title to Cleveland- especially when his competition is concerned about pinching pennies.

Not really.
Who did the pick turn into?

And if you are a lottery team, your 2nd round pick can be very close to a first round pick for a championship team.

And please don't ever use the words "lucky" and " in Cleveland" together.
You could win 8 in a row, it's a still fucking hell hole.

And keep ignoring the FACTS that I and Lance are throwing at you.
There's absolutely NOTHING to counter with.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love has choice, he was a unrestricted free agent.

Who gives a shit if Magic or Jordan would do it?

Who gives a shit if Aldridge did it the following year, or 2 years later.

Was Lebron not a former Mvp when he went to the Heat?

Teams have been trying to stack the deck for years.

Wasn't it the Lakers plan to board cap space to sign 2 max players?

The hypocrisy of some of you folks is unbelievable.

Two years later makes a HUGE difference. The Blazers were topped out far from being contenders and not a draw for free agents.

Aldridge is NOT an MVP candidate. He's a piece, not THE piece.

Lebron went to the Heat and formed a brand new team from basically an empty roster with Wade and Bosh. He didn't join the champion Lakers. Don't get me wrong, I basically hate Lebron. Durant's move is more cowardly IMO.

Lakers' plans have nothing to do with this really, but I'm game. Sure, they couldn't get meetings with the max contract guys they wanted (Durant, Whiteside, heck throw Lebron in there). They didn't do anything any team wouldn't do. They had an expiring center contract and a retiring superstar coupled with a 24M jump in the cap, so the cap space was there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will not stand.

Prepare yourself.

You are soooo gonna get a 15,000 word wall of deflection post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.
Who did the pick turn into?

And if you are a lottery team, your 2nd round pick can be very close to a first round pick for a championship team.

And please don't ever use the words "lucky" and " in Cleveland" together.
You could win 8 in a row, it's a still fucking hell hole.

And keep ignoring the FACTS that I and Lance are throwing at you.
There's absolutely NOTHING to counter with.

I guess they were "lucky" when that owner basically burned all bridges when Lebron left. They were "lucky" that he forgave the owner. The Lakers were sure "lucky" when that whining owner cried about the CP3 trade, but suddenly he's all about spending over the cap to build a super team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ifi go to yahoo.com you can find articles about how huge of a check gilbert has to write for the lux tax--- and right next to it- articles on how pissed wade is that the heat organization lowballed him

quite the striking dichotomy and the perfect example of the stark difference between the two owners...

Yep, the Cavs franchise is so well respected by everyone..:L

Every single person that covers the NBA uses the Heat as the example when describing how to do things right.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it yesterday.

Look, we don't know what his feelings are about Westbrook.

How many times have you watched them play and gone :gaah:...when Russ starts heroballing?

Durant is not a alpha. It's pretty clear to me.

Wishy washy is a understatement.

But, it still would have been stacking the deck if he joined Kawhi and Aldridge.

So, why the outrage about the Warriors?

Because they had 3 good players not 2?

Hell, the Clippers tried the same shit.

People would shut theree mouthes if it was the spurs or clips. But warriors its not ok

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will not stand.

Prepare yourself.

You are soooo gonna get a 15,000 word wall of deflection post.

No. You get 0 words.
He hides from it like he did for the week+ he hid during the Finals.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta similar but not really. The difference is KD a legit championship contending team in OKC and went to the best team, the favorite, 2 straight NBA Finals appearances and another MVP on the team. All those other players you or whoever named were on bad teams or average, Lebron made the Cavs a very good team, but he didn't have the players KD did. That is the huge difference.

Dude, I understand that.

Did the Heat not go to the Finals the year Lebron left?

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, getting to the Finals is farther than getting to the conference Finals?

#Hypocrisy

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I understand that.

Did the Heat not go to the Finals the year Lebron left?

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, getting to the Finals is farther than getting to the conference Finals?

#Hypocrisy

He did so to go home. He didn't join the team that beat him (Spurs). It's a pretty simple difference. He joined a 33-49 team.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People would shut theree mouthes if it was the spurs or clips. But warriors its not ok

It's laughable.

Why would a guy who wants to win go to a Team that is not as good as the one he's leaving?

People went HAM on Melo when he spurned the Bulls to take the money in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.