• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I was on the Byron bandwagon when he was hired. I was really disappointed in his performance (although it did net a couple of nice picks lol).

The thing that was so frustrating was his refusal to be flexible and change his approach. I'm don't have a problem with being "old school", but you have to make adjustments based on the players you have. He didn't do that and it cost him his job. I'll be surprised if we see him as anything other than an assistant in the future and maybe not even that.

The last straw for me was when Russell was yanked from the starting lineup, then later reinserted and had no idea why each happened because Byron didn't tell him.
totally agree....

I like walton a ton- i think that was a major coup for the lakers...now that piece is set...if you guys hired some retread i dont think the full confidence of the fan base, organization and the players would be behind him....everyone can get behind and believe in Walton.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, u wasted assets to get rid of players, you left the middle level exception UNUSED,,,please dont start this again.....maybe you can tell me how theree were just no guys worth it to spend the money on!! LOL :lol:

I'm still waiting for anyone to name one.
There was nothing close to better then what we had.

Deflect all you want, Miller was amnestied after the season.
Has nothing to do with any mid level.
It was bottom line invest prob what, 15-18M in Miller and be over the cap or not.

And get rid off assets? Whom ? Joel fucking Anthony?
He's doing what, where?

Delly and Mozgov were huge for you in the Finals 2 years ago, and Delly was much improved this whole season.
Mozgov, you say, never was healed.

No fucking way on earth you can say Cavs won't miss or are better off without.
It was 100000% a money decision.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round, lost 4-1, never led the series, not even the best player on his team, joined them a year later
vs
Western Conference finals, lost 4-3, were up 3-1, former MVP, joined them weeks later

Not even close to the same situation.

So, the situation has to be identical?

Fail.

All you folks crying over him joining the Warriors wouldn't have said shit, if you had a mouth full of it, if he joined your Team.

If he went to the highest bidder, all he cares about is money, not winning.....see Carmelo.

If he followed the easiest path to a tittle, he's a coward and a frontrunner.....see Kevin Love.

David West gets applauded for setting 10 million dollars on fire to get a ring with the Spurs.

But, Durant is a villain?

Lmfao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was bottom line invest prob what, 15-18M in Miller and be over the cap or not.

He's doing what, where?

Delly and Mozgov were huge for you in the Finals 2 years ago, and Delly was much improved this whole season.

you tied a first round pick to Joel Anthony because you signed him to a terrible deal and arison wanted to save money.

you left the middle level open because arison wanted to save money

you amnestied miller because arison wanted to save money....

yah i get it- cant fault the guy for wanting to save money--- but unlike Arison- Gilbert doesnt care....hes not gonna flinch from writing a 50M dollar check- where apparently Arison would throw a hissy fit and ask his star players to take discounts , lol....no wonder he has alienated wade and ran lebron out of town, lol.

you know

i know

everyone knows

Lebron CERTAINLY knows

that Dan Gilbert has, and will outspend Arison. its not even a question.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zsa Zsa at 4M is >>>>Tristan at 16M

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fail.

All you folks crying over him joining the Warriors wouldn't have said shit, if you had a mouth full of it, if he joined your Team.

If he went to the highest bidder, all he cares about is money, not winning.....see Carmelo.

If he followed the easiest path to a tittle, he's a coward and a frontrunner.....see Kevin Love.

Kevin Love was traded to the Cavs, it wasn't his doing.

You can't compare what an MVP does to what a simple all-star does. Portland has never been a true contender.

Durant got beat and decided to pack up and join his rivals. Can you imagine a real competitor doing that, like Jordan, Bird, or Magic? Hell no.

Durant doesn't want to win the video game; he wants the cheat codes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fail.

David West gets applauded for setting 10 million dollars on fire to get a ring with the Spurs.

But, Durant is a villain?

Lmfao
i have no problem at all with the warriors-- good for them....

durant though???

read that and tell me durant is not a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge wuss of epic proportions

Loyalty and OKC: What changed Durant's mind?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't compare what an MVP does to what a simple all-star does. Portland has never been a true contender.

Durant got beat and decided to pack up and join his rivals. Can you imagine a real competitor doing that, like Jordan, Bird, or Magic? Hell no.

yah....Durant is a top 5 player....

Alrdidge? top 20 if hes lucky. talk about soft his picture and love's need to be together....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely didnt invent it- just are by far the biggest spenders in the NBA right now. This is a game, a hobby to Gilbert.

that $60 million dollar check he has to cut to the league- in his mind- is well worth it to be the owner who delivered the first title to Cleveland in 52 years.

how many yachts can you water ski behind?

Gilbert is a hypocrite. He spends way over the cap now, which I have no problem with. My issue is that he was leading the band of small market owners trying to make super team formation more difficult during the 2011 CBA. He was a whiny little bitch back then. Now, the shoe is on the other foot and he has no problem being the "super team".

You best believe, if the Cavs did not have LeBron, they would not be over the cap and Gilbert would still be whining instead of spending.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's doing what, where?

demarre carroll.

there is probably a dozen guys that outperformed their contracts that year that would have been huge additions...but whatever...i get it- arison wanted to save cash.

you will NEVER see Gilbert leave that mid level exception open...no freaking way.....hed spend MORE if the rules allowed it....its all about value anyway...lebron SHOULD make prob 60-70 million a year....gilbert is priced in and making money hand over first regardless.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree....

I like walton a ton- i think that was a major coup for the lakers...now that piece is set...if you guys hired some retread i dont think the full confidence of the fan base, organization and the players would be behind him....everyone can get behind and believe in Walton.

I agree. I'm as excited for this season as I have been for seasons when they were contenders. I think they were already headed in the right direction with the young core they had put together. I think hiring Luke just cements that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Love had a choice, he was a unrestricted free agent...could have walked.

Who gives a shit if Magic or Jordan would do it?

Who gives a shit if Aldridge did it the following year, or 2 years later.

Was Lebron not a former Mvp when he went to the Heat?

Teams have been trying to stack the deck for years.

Wasn't it the Lakers plan to board cap space to sign 2 max players?

The hypocrisy of some of you folks is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.