• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade's answer is probably... with whatever money you were ready to free up for Durant.

Another thing going under the radar...

The Heat actually renounced Wade's rights in order to sign Whiteside... without seeking Wade's blessing. They literally just tossed him and his bird rights aside hours into the season... taking for granted that he would be loyal and trusting of their plans.

Not hard to see why Wade is upset.

Wade's done a lot for the Heat franchise. But he's going to be 35 years old and his last 5 seasons have looked like this:

49, 69, 53, 62, and 73.

Those are games played each year.

Wade you're my favorite player, but have fun in Chicago or Denver. I care more about the Heat than anyone player. Lebron fans don't understand, but quite frankly I don't give a shit since I cheer for a team - not an individual player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that it's already been proven false.

Baseball has more parity than anyone else.

All you are doing is giving the players less money (your system also doesn't gel with the CBA really in that regard).

Baseball has many more ways to grow or obtain talent than the NBA. If the NBA had true minor leagues to develop players in while controlling them plus a bidding system on foreign talent instead of including them in the draft, teams would have other paths to compete other than FA and the draft.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what most are saying its easy to predict who will win in the NBA because of the super teams. There is a reason no 7 or 8 seed team has won it. U see wild card teams win it all the time in every other sport.

And the point is even during the old system, it was still 3-5 teams who were true contenders.

And most, if not all in some seasons (especially the early 2000s) resided in the West.

The league really hasn't changed from 15 years ago in that regard.

Right now it's just CLE in the East. That's happened before with other teams.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL I don't know about bc I don't watch it, but it looks like there is some parity. MLB probably has the most parity bc you have pitching, hitting, bullpen, etc and all of it is important, not just 5 starters and a bench. Then football is basically who has a great defense and great QB's like Manning, Brady, Rodgers are always deep in the playoffs. Not too much parity but the NBA is defninitely the worst but it has always been like that for the most part. The Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Lakers again, Spurs for 10 years, Heat, Warriors, etc. Not much parity but it is nothing new honestly.

There's also less players on the court.

Hockey's big thing is having a goalie. Huge difference.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball has many more ways to grow or obtain talent than the NBA. If the NBA had true minor leagues to develop players in while controlling them plus a bidding system on foreign talent instead of including them in the draft, teams would have other paths to compete other than FA and the draft.

Or you do what should've been done a long time ago and abolish the draft.

Let teams use their cap space there too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the point is even during the old system, it was still 3-5 teams who were true contenders.

And most, if not all in some seasons (especially the early 2000s) resided in the West.

Yes but it was still spread out. U had battles in the playoffs. Bulls had Knicks, Det, Pacers every year to get by to make it to the Finals and either play Portland, Seattle, Jazz or Sun(power teams at the time).

Im sorry if you cant see the difference u must be blind or in denial. There is a reason why a lock out will happen soon because the new system they put in place is killing the game. There is no reason for a team to have 4 starting All stars on 1 team and by next year will combine to make 90-100 mill starting lineup. Come on man that is crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that it's already been proven false.

Baseball has more parity than anyone else.

All you are doing is giving the players less money (your system also doesn't gel with the CBA really in that regard).

Baseball and basketball are much different.

For one thing, baseball players are cost controlled through most of a player's beat season usually. The mega contracts often go to those stars who are in the verge of fading. In the NBA, when players like KD reach FA, they are just reaching their prime years.

The other issue is that if you combine two superstars in basketball, you basically have an instant contender. Take away the cap and max salaries, the richest teams would buy the best talent and small market teams would have little chance. Generally speaking, 30 year olds win rings in the NBA. Early 20s stars rarely get there.

The current system, while far from perfect, at least gives teams like Minnesota and OKC a fighting chance to build something and allows for a championship window.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wallace ESPN Staff Writer
View attachment 134424
Dwyane Wade appears to be in full control of this situation now with the Heat. If he's gone this far with other teams, it has to be growing tougher by the minute to turn back. Even if there's a potential fix between Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison, there's no doubt that there's a torn business relationship between Wade and Pat Riley, with the two sides failing for two straight summers to bridge the gap among themselves. Might be time for both sides to move on for best of short and long-term vision of the franchise.

id laugh so hard if wade takes 3.5m just to spite riley.......not that i think its gonna happen, but it would be hilarious.

How would that be spiting Riley?
I think it's actually the opposite.
Other then public relations, not investing more money/years in Wade is good business.
Riley wouldn't have to then explain anything to anyone, because then it's not about a few million dollars.

That being said, Wade isn't playing for the minimum.
Let James, if he wants him there so badly.

Either way, I hope we move on from him at this point.

I'll gladly live through a 25 win season if it means developing youth, getting 2 high draft picks, and having 60-70M in cap space for next summers loaded class of FA.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say we're down to 2 now. Barring some freak injury we will most likely have the same Finals for a 3rd year in a row, with GS likely to win the tiebreak and probably the next 3 championships. About as much intruige as which way the car will turn in NASCAR.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but it was still spread out. U had battles in the playoffs. Bulls had Knicks, Det, Pacers every year to get by to make it to the Finals and either play Portland, Seattle, Jazz or Sun(power teams at the time).

Im sorry if you cant see the difference u must be blind or in denial. There is a reason why a lock out will happen soon because the new system they put in place is killing the game. There is no reason for a team to have 4 starting All stars on 1 team and by next year will combine to make 90-100 mill starting lineup. Come on man that is crazy.

you can only spread out 3-5 contenders so much. I think you're overrating some of those other teams to try and make your point.

It was the bulls and then everyone else, much like CLE now.

Also the system isn't the reason the east sucks. Those teams have drafted horribly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wallace ESPN Staff Writer
View attachment 134424
Dwyane Wade appears to be in full control of this situation now with the Heat. If he's gone this far with other teams, it has to be growing tougher by the minute to turn back. Even if there's a potential fix between Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison, there's no doubt that there's a torn business relationship between Wade and Pat Riley, with the two sides failing for two straight summers to bridge the gap among themselves. Might be time for both sides to move on for best of short and long-term vision of the franchise.

id laugh so hard if wade takes 3.5m just to spite riley.......not that i think its gonna happen, but it would be hilarious.

Fine with me at this juncture. A lot of Heat fans are growing tired of his stance in free agency. If he wants to go and play for millions less and ruin his last chance for a big pay day, then by all means.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can only spread out 3-5 contenders so much. I think you're overrating some of those other teams to try and make your point.

It was the bulls and then everyone else, much like CLE now.

Also the system isn't the reason the east sucks. Those teams have drafted horribly.
Well they had the best player ever and the best coach but it was still battles and u still had top tough teams. In LBJ case he still lost more with playing against weaker teams in the East. I mean lets be Honest the last 6 years East has been Crap. Like I said we thought Indy or the Bulls would be that team but it didnt happen. They called this era in the East the worst ever. He has no rivals. Everyone knows that. I guess its ok to say GS and Curry now but that wont happen until the Finals.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they had the best player ever and the best coach but it was still battles and u still had top tough teams. In LBJ case he still lost more with playing against weaker teams in the East. I mean lets be Honest the last 6 years East has been Crap. Like I said we thought Indy or the Bulls would be that team but it didnt happen. They called this era in the East the worst ever. He has no rivals. Everyone knows that. I guess its ok to say GS and Curry now but that wont happen until the Finals.

those bulls and indy teams were about as tough on LBJ as those Pacers and Knicks were on the 90s bulls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those bulls and indy teams were about as tough on LBJ as those Pacers and Knicks were on the 90s bulls.
ok Im done talking about this with you after that comment. Those teams have HOF players on it , Bulls and Indy teams now have 0.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok Im done talking about this with you after that comment. Those teams have HOF players on it , Bulls and Indy teams now have 0.

And yet they were still pushing those Lebron teams to 6 and 7 game series.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the ECFs lebron has gone through recently

2016- 6 games
2015- 4 games
2014- 6 games
2013- 7 games
2012- 7 games
2011- 5 games
2009 - 6 games (L)
2007- 6 games

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet they were still pushing those Lebron teams to 6 and 7 game series.
I don't think the Bulls ever pushed LeBron past 5 games. Indiana gave them more of a challenge.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bulls ever pushed LeBron past 5 games. Indiana gave them more of a challenge.

Quite a few teams got Lebron to 6 games and even 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.