• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U will get 3-4 super teams and all the other teams will just be minor league teams for the super teams. U hope your team gets lucky with 2 studs in the draft and then you become a super team where players want to go.

Super teams now: Cavs, GS, Spurs and Clippers(well on paper) I do think talent on Clippers are a little over rated but on paper they have 3-4 guys. The only teams that have a chance to win next year is Spurs, GS and Cavs.
And the Clippers may be done with "contending" after next year with CP3 and Blake. The super teams will change or one could get added, but it seems like there will be 3-5 actual contenders every year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Clippers may be done with "contending" after next year with CP3 and Blake. The super teams will change or one could get added, but it seems like there will be 3-5 actual contenders every year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

How many years are there honestly more than 3-5 contenders?

Half the time in the 2000s the east didn't have a single contender.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is making $7.8 this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooooooo Bulls are offering a Partial 3rd year to Wade.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm sure he wants to go to the Nuggets lol
Depends on how strongly he feels disrespected by Miami and wants to show he won't take less than 50mil. Still hard for me to think he'd go with 2/50 in Denver over 2/40 in Miami, but we'll see. And of course he's gonna say that or act like he's interested, gotta play it up whether it's real or fake.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wallace ESPN Staff Writer
wallace_michael_m.jpg
Dwyane Wade appears to be in full control of this situation now with the Heat. If he's gone this far with other teams, it has to be growing tougher by the minute to turn back. Even if there's a potential fix between Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison, there's no doubt that there's a torn business relationship between Wade and Pat Riley, with the two sides failing for two straight summers to bridge the gap among themselves. Might be time for both sides to move on for best of short and long-term vision of the franchise.

id laugh so hard if wade takes 3.5m just to spite riley.......not that i think its gonna happen, but it would be hilarious.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying it's new, I'm just annoyed by it. I would like for there to be 3-5 actual contenders in the West and East instead of overall, even if it's unrealistic.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's the direction the NBA thought an insane cap increase would take them though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what most are saying its easy to predict who will win in the NBA because of the super teams. There is a reason no 7 or 8 seed team has won it. U see wild card teams win it all the time in every other sport.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I was telling people on FN that RW and KD would never win a title and that one of them would end up leaving. Wiggy laughed.....because he is a Cavs fan and a Thunder fanboy.

Well, you called it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he played in 42 games, half a season. Averaged 3.6 ppg and shot 43%. That deserves a minimum contract at best, he is wasting 5.7 mil. Trash him.

They need him at PF. He was hurt last season I believe.....when healthy he's a decent stretch 4 for 18-20mpg but they need him start given what's going on with the Bosh-trich.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man NBA is the laughing stock of sports right now. Everyone is seeing how screwed up the system is in the NBA. Sucks to see it go down hill like this. Big Basketball fan but the last 3-5 years its become a joke. They need a lock out to fix a lot of the issues.

Like I said I wont watch much this year because its pointless but I will watch some of the playoffs and watch most of the Conference finals and Finals.

Man I miss the good days where you had stars battle it out and multiple teams had a shot. Now its Cleveland(whatever team LBJ is on) in the East and Spurs or GS in the West. No other team has a shot. I dont care what anyone says. East got better that is for sure but all that does is instead of Cavs winning in 4 or 5 games it will get pushed to 5 or 6 games now. LBJ has never had a Rival. Thats what sucks about his legacy and he has a losing finals record. Weird. I know the Rival thing isnt his fault but losing that many Finals is. People was hoping it was going to be the Bulls or Indy but it just never happen. Bulls got hurt and Indy just declined.

Honestly, over the last 25 years, there have been very few occasions where there were more than 3-4 teams that had a legit chance at a ring. In the 90's, the Bulls winning was almost a foregone conclusion. Then it was either Kobe/Shaq or the Spurs for the next few. Today, it is GS, Cleveland and maybe SA. Nothing really has changed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy idea: LeBron takes a 1 year minimum deal with the Cavs.

Hear me out.

This doesn't buy the CAVS any room this season. Still over the cap.

BUT.... it makes LeBron's cap hold NEXT off-season only $1m (instead of the $30m cap hold he currently has).

AND they'll have his full 3-year bird rights at that point.

SO... next off-season they would have room to sign another max FA.... and then still sign LeBron to his $200m+ super-max 5 year contract using his bird rights to go over the cap.

Broussard already said on ESPN that Lebron is not going to take the minimum and will take as much money as possible. Plus, Lebron has advocated that players get as much money as possible. Goes against everything he's trying to do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who'd they sign after Mozgov and Deng?

Black (and Clarkson before Deng). Some sites are claiming $21M in space, but they aren't accounting for Ingram's cap hold.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what most are saying its easy to predict who will win in the NBA because of the super teams. There is a reason no 7 or 8 seed team has won it. U see wild card teams win it all the time in every other sport.

NHL I don't know about bc I don't watch it, but it looks like there is some parity. MLB probably has the most parity bc you have pitching, hitting, bullpen, etc and all of it is important, not just 5 starters and a bench. Then football is basically who has a great defense and great QB's like Manning, Brady, Rodgers are always deep in the playoffs. Not too much parity but the NBA is defninitely the worst but it has always been like that for the most part. The Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Lakers again, Spurs for 10 years, Heat, Warriors, etc. Not much parity but it is nothing new honestly.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard already said on ESPN that Lebron is not going to take the minimum and will take as much money as possible. Plus, Lebron has advocated that players get as much money as possible. Goes against everything he's trying to do.

I know and I think its incredibly unlikely. There's no reason to think such a notion is even on anyone's radar in the Cavs camp or LeBron's camp.

This isn't the normal "taking the minimum", though. It still allows LeBron to sign a 5 year $200m+ contract next season.

He has to wait 1 more year before getting his max-max anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.